PDA

View Full Version : Enchanter Faction Question

Mzy12345
04-08-2017, 11:30 AM
On a high elf enchanter I was able to kill Troll guards until "faction cannot get any worse" and with illusion troll and faction buff I would con dubious.

I was with my brother there the other day who is a dark elf enchanter and after killing them for awhile he is now kill on sight even with illusion and faction buff. Both are agnostic for religion. Anyone know why this is the case?

Kawhi
04-08-2017, 01:59 PM
You'll be dubious with the merchants but KOS to the guards if you kill them enough (doesn't take many kills). You can always sell to the merchants in troll form.

Mzy12345
04-08-2017, 04:01 PM
On the high elf I'm at "can't get any worse" with the guards but with illusion troll and collaborate I am dubious. I'm not sure why that would be the case for a high elf versus a dark elf who with the same illusions and faction buff can't get to dubious and is still kill on sight.

Kawhi
04-08-2017, 05:15 PM
Ahh I'm not sure either then.

Swish
04-08-2017, 07:05 PM
Dark elves have it kind of rough really. You'd think the evil guards at Paineel would let an Innoruuk cleric in wouldn't you? Hell no, threatening by default.

Izmael
04-09-2017, 06:47 AM
There has to be a drawback for being the (by far) best looking studs.

PoptartOnRye
04-12-2017, 03:03 PM
as far as I'm aware, faction, race, and deity are all separate checks, and illusion should be able to completely mask your race. My guess is that your friend isn't actually agnostic, or he's casting collaboration on a vendor and then checking faction with the guards. The vendors and guards are on different factions.

Swish
04-12-2017, 10:26 PM
The vendors and guards are on different factions.

That's a good point. Though in some places they're on the same faction so the mistake is easy to make. Find the lowest guard you can and try again ^^

Mzy12345
04-14-2017, 01:39 PM
Ok thank you all for the feedback. Like the poster above I thought illusion and collaboration would fix all of this as long as he was illusion troll and faction buffing the guards not vendors regardless of race. I'll give it a second chance. Thanks again for all the help.

Aalderon Crystafire
04-14-2017, 06:12 PM
The reason has to do the way the faction system currently works as opposed to classic.

Right now,

The scale is (mostly) -2000 to +2000

As a High Elf, you have a much greater negative modifier than your brother who is Dark Elf.

I'm going to give arbitrary faction modifier #s just as an example.

Suppose High Elf placed you at -1800 faction and Dark Elf placed him at -50, to start out.

This means that you only had 200 kills (and 200 faction hits) before reaching "could not possibly get any worse." So when you cast your Troll Illusion you are receiving no racial penalty (a small bonus even), maybe a small class penalty, no deity penalty and then -200 from your 'personal faction.' Personal faction being your faction from 'hits' ... questing or killing.

Your brother who is a Dark Elf, starting at -50 was able to take -1950 faction hits before hitting "could not possibly get any worse." This means that when he casts troll illusion, he has all the same modifiers as you except his personal faction is -1950 instead of -200 like you. That is why he is KOS and you are not.

Again, these are arbitrary numbers I'm throwing out there to give you as an example.

Eventually, when we overhaul faction it will work like in classic EQ where no matter where you start on the faction table you can lose 2000 points and gain 2000 points from that starting position. When that happens, you would both remain KOS in your illusion form.

For now though, you can move anywhere on the -2000 to +2000 table no matter where you start -- unless you start at below -2000, like with some Cabilis factions.

Swish
04-14-2017, 08:59 PM
The reason has to do the way the faction system currently works as opposed to classic.

Right now,

The scale is (mostly) -2000 to +2000

As a High Elf, you have a much greater negative modifier than your brother who is Dark Elf.

I'm going to give arbitrary faction modifier #s just as an example.

Suppose High Elf placed you at -1800 faction and Dark Elf placed him at -50, to start out.

This means that you only had 200 kills (and 200 faction hits) before reaching "could not possibly get any worse." So when you cast your Troll Illusion you are receiving no racial penalty (a small bonus even), maybe a small class penalty, no deity penalty and then -200 from your 'personal faction.' Personal faction being your faction from 'hits' ... questing or killing.

Your brother who is a Dark Elf, starting at -50 was able to take -1950 faction hits before hitting "could not possibly get any worse." This means that when he casts troll illusion, he has all the same modifiers as you except his personal faction is -1950 instead of -200 like you. That is why he is KOS and you are not.

Again, these are arbitrary numbers I'm throwing out there to give you as an example.

Eventually, when we overhaul faction it will work like in classic EQ where no matter where you start on the faction table you can lose 2000 points and gain 2000 points from that starting position. When that happens, you would both remain KOS in your illusion form.

For now though, you can move anywhere on the -2000 to +2000 table no matter where you start -- unless you start at below -2000, like with some Cabilis factions.

Aalderon, putting the FACT in factions...