PDA

View Full Version : IP exemption and so begins another wait for one.

A1rh3ad
04-07-2017, 01:48 PM
A few days ago we decided to let our son adventure with us (as he puts it). My wife and I are familiar with the waiting game that is the IP exemption. Applied for another one and now we are waiting. I changed IP so we could temporarily play and see how he enjoys the game and he is having an absolute ball! He decided to make a rogue because his roll wont be too demanding for the group and he loves the idea of stealthily stabbing the mobs from behind. Our team is wood elf druid (wife), barbarian warrior (me), and dwarf rogue (our son). I hope that someone sees this and pushes along our request. Training a new generation of everquest players is what we need to be doing. Kids today need to know their roots and where modern game concepts evolved from.

welly321
04-07-2017, 01:58 PM
GL three-boxing.

Mygicmeen
04-07-2017, 01:59 PM
lol

Lhancelot
04-07-2017, 02:04 PM
A few days ago we decided to let our son adventure with us (as he puts it). My wife and I are familiar with the waiting game that is the IP exemption. Applied for another one and now we are waiting. I changed IP so we could temporarily play and see how he enjoys the game and he is having an absolute ball! He decided to make a rogue because his roll wont be too demanding for the group and he loves the idea of stealthily stabbing the mobs from behind. Our team is wood elf druid (wife), barbarian warrior (me), and dwarf rogue (our son). I hope that someone sees this and pushes along our request. Training a new generation of everquest players is what we need to be doing. Kids today need to know their roots and where modern game concepts evolved from.

To really make this believable, you have to provide us with a photo of you all playing the game at the same time, otherwise your IP exemption will not be granted.

A1rh3ad
04-07-2017, 02:13 PM
GL three-boxing.

If I wanted to 3 way box the game I would just vpn all the computers. Why would I open myself to scrutiny by getting an IP exemption? No I don't box and I believe the GMs watched my wife and I play with the first exemption. I think if someone is 3 way boxing the game it would become very obvious. I don't even think I would have the dexterity to manually do that. Boxing ruins multiplayer games. When I was playing wow back in the BC days I would report anyone I saw using key programs where they all move at once. It became rather common around that expansion. I got in an argument with a GM about how messed up and unfair it was when he said there was nothing wrong with it. I guess when they charge sub fees they don't care because it is more money in their pocket. I was trolled about this the first time around an I expected it again. Keep the trolls coming its an absolute laugh.

welly321
04-07-2017, 02:16 PM
If I wanted to 3 way box the game I would just vpn all the computers. Why would I open myself to scrutiny by getting an IP exemption? No I don't box and I believe the GMs watched my wife and I play with the first exemption. I think if someone is 3 way boxing the game it would become very obvious. I don't even think I would have the dexterity to manually do that. Boxing ruins multiplayer games. When I was playing wow back in the BC days I would report anyone I saw using key programs where they all move at once. It became rather common around that expansion. I got in an argument with a GM about how messed up and unfair it was when he said there was nothing wrong with it. I guess when they charge sub fees they don't care because it is more money in their pocket. I was trolled about this the first time around an I expected it again. Keep the trolls coming its an absolute laugh.

So why post this in general ? Sounds like your "wife" and "son" will just happen to be away from the keyboard when you are giving a boxing test. Have fun with that 30 day ban.

A1rh3ad
04-07-2017, 02:24 PM
So why post this in general ? Sounds like your "wife" and "son" will just happen to be away from the keyboard when you are giving a boxing test. Have fun with that 30 day ban.

I doubt they would do a fly by ban like that. When I was searching about it the first time we got one I read about that one guy who claimed his son was scared of the GM and ran to the zone line. Sounds like a load of bs. He was boxing and got caught red handed. No sympathies from me.

A1rh3ad
04-07-2017, 02:27 PM
Bescides if two of us are going afk neither would be out of earshot. If they ban us for all 3 going afk that's just messed up on the GM's behalf and I really wouldn't want donate and play anymore.

A1rh3ad
04-07-2017, 02:30 PM
I would send pictures and video but not in a public discussion like this. I've seen how cruel and hateful the forum trolls can be.

coldslaw
04-07-2017, 02:31 PM
I need an IP exemption for my {family_member}.

It's an older excuse sir, but it checks out.

welly321
04-07-2017, 02:34 PM
Nice triple post. Your really eager to get the three mage army going huh?

A1rh3ad
04-07-2017, 02:36 PM

Lol honestly for what other legitimate reason would someone need one? Maybe roommate could be one. Or someone who commonly has p99 parties with friends. There arent that many reasons for an exemption

A1rh3ad
04-07-2017, 02:37 PM
Nice triple post. Your really eager to get the three mage army going huh?

Lol good roast.

Ashintar
04-07-2017, 02:41 PM
Yep guessing you're just seeking attention, there is no other reason for posting your "plea" in the server chat forum... go back to "Nyriak" and await your exemption...

Spyder73
04-07-2017, 02:44 PM
Reposts of OP's multiple meltdowns

Ugh. I havent been able to play because of family time and christmas shopping. I should murder them all so I can play more often. Nobody would ever find the bodies.

Yep... we tried all routes. Betternet vpn is giving us problems with windows 10 and her computer ended up sucking a lot of data from my mobile internet hotspot. I'm starting to outlevel her because I get to play alone more often than she does. She only wants to play with me because she gets bored by herself. GMs can run around with speed hacks and make people scarecrows for Halloween but can't do an IP exemption so we can play together the way MMOs were meant to be played. Well i think I'm done with this game. I thought it would be fun to play classic EQ with my lovely but apparently thats not the case. We will find something better to do. Enjoy paying for your servers with the money the freeloaders will pay you. I was going to give you good money too because I respect this project. I had high hopes but if you cant take care of a simple IP exemption then I'm out. I wish I could refund the money I already donated but go ahead and keep it. Bye. Queue the "don't let the door hit you" and troll comments.

I can understand the need to stop multiboxing but this is seriously a load of crap. I'm trying to play the game with my wife and they cant respond. We were using my phone so her computer could connect using a different IP but something sucked up all of our data in an instant so now not only can we not play together for the rest of the month but now I am out my mobile internet. This is a serious flaw in this server. And dont sit there and l give me that "It's a free service" crap because I am a donator and was planning on donating monthly. No I don't expect special treatment for it, I just want people to know I'm not a freeloader complaining about something free. I understand the people in charge are volunteering but this is a serious flaw in how they run things.

I'm an idiot. I say stupid things. I'll go sit in the corner with a dunce cap like the dummy I am.
I cant quit and I wont. I understand the severe need for IP exemption. Put yourself in my shoes for a minute.
I'm sitting there trying to get the VPN to give me an ip. It's not working. "Hang on babe, this mmo is the father of all mmos. Best one ever with actual challenge instead of faceroll." Still no IP. Shes looking at me like wtf. "Lets try using my cell phones internet!" It works for a while and then shes hooked. "See I told you it was great. Let me show you around since there's no map." Internet goes out. Something on her computer sucked up all my data. I complain and someone tells me about a new vpn. "Okay we got this, its working." Computer freezes and we lose connection. "Wtf is going on?" Restart computers and still pull the same IP. Now its been hours and she looks like she is ready to fall asleep. "Babe, just go to bed." I sit there and stew and stew as the nerd rage flows. Restart computer, try vpn again. "Damn! Still no luck. Maybe if I change DNS server. IDK at this point. Shit, I gotta work tomorrow. I need to go to sleep." Groggy I reach for my phone and let out a bunch of dumb shit that should have never left my fingertips. I just want to play the evercrack with the woman I love. We managed to play for such a short time and it was fun. Im almost Lv10 and she is 7 or something. I met plenty of nice people. I even have grown attached to you guys on the forums. It's the same few people every time and believe it or not the stuff you say makes me giggle and eases my frustration. Sorry guys I'm an asshole. You guys are assholes too. Lets rub our assholes together and make it work.
And mad props to the people who do run this project. Even though I'm having trouble with this I've still been recommending p99 to anyone who is looking for something with some actual gameplay and not something my cat walking across the keyboard could play.

TLDR - OP will be banned for boxing in the near future and then rage post about how his wife was AFK and its not fair.

Post pictures fay gate

welly321
04-07-2017, 02:49 PM

Ugh. I havent been able to play because of family time and christmas shopping. I should murder them all so I can play more often. Nobody would ever find the bodies.

Yep... we tried all routes. Betternet vpn is giving us problems with windows 10 and her computer ended up sucking a lot of data from my mobile internet hotspot. I'm starting to outlevel her because I get to play alone more often than she does. She only wants to play with me because she gets bored by herself. GMs can run around with speed hacks and make people scarecrows for Halloween but can't do an IP exemption so we can play together the way MMOs were meant to be played. Well i think I'm done with this game. I thought it would be fun to play classic EQ with my lovely but apparently thats not the case. We will find something better to do. Enjoy paying for your servers with the money the freeloaders will pay you. I was going to give you good money too because I respect this project. I had high hopes but if you cant take care of a simple IP exemption then I'm out. I wish I could refund the money I already donated but go ahead and keep it. Bye. Queue the "don't let the door hit you" and troll comments.

I can understand the need to stop multiboxing but this is seriously a load of crap. I'm trying to play the game with my wife and they cant respond. We were using my phone so her computer could connect using a different IP but something sucked up all of our data in an instant so now not only can we not play together for the rest of the month but now I am out my mobile internet. This is a serious flaw in this server. And dont sit there and l give me that "It's a free service" crap because I am a donator and was planning on donating monthly. No I don't expect special treatment for it, I just want people to know I'm not a freeloader complaining about something free. I understand the people in charge are volunteering but this is a serious flaw in how they run things.

I'm an idiot. I say stupid things. I'll go sit in the corner with a dunce cap like the dummy I am.
I cant quit and I wont. I understand the severe need for IP exemption. Put yourself in my shoes for a minute.
I'm sitting there trying to get the VPN to give me an ip. It's not working. "Hang on babe, this mmo is the father of all mmos. Best one ever with actual challenge instead of faceroll." Still no IP. Shes looking at me like wtf. "Lets try using my cell phones internet!" It works for a while and then shes hooked. "See I told you it was great. Let me show you around since there's no map." Internet goes out. Something on her computer sucked up all my data. I complain and someone tells me about a new vpn. "Okay we got this, its working." Computer freezes and we lose connection. "Wtf is going on?" Restart computers and still pull the same IP. Now its been hours and she looks like she is ready to fall asleep. "Babe, just go to bed." I sit there and stew and stew as the nerd rage flows. Restart computer, try vpn again. "Damn! Still no luck. Maybe if I change DNS server. IDK at this point. Shit, I gotta work tomorrow. I need to go to sleep." Groggy I reach for my phone and let out a bunch of dumb shit that should have never left my fingertips. I just want to play the evercrack with the woman I love. We managed to play for such a short time and it was fun. Im almost Lv10 and she is 7 or something. I met plenty of nice people. I even have grown attached to you guys on the forums. It's the same few people every time and believe it or not the stuff you say makes me giggle and eases my frustration. Sorry guys I'm an asshole. You guys are assholes too. Lets rub our assholes together and make it work.
And mad props to the people who do run this project. Even though I'm having trouble with this I've still been recommending p99 to anyone who is looking for something with some actual gameplay and not something my cat walking across the keyboard could play.

TLDR - OP will be banned for boxing in the near future and then rage post about how his wife was AFK and its not fair.

Post pictures fay gate

OP confirmed to have robot wife

A1rh3ad
04-07-2017, 02:52 PM
Haha yeah I remember that. Fun stuff. Wife and I got a handle on things now. Now we just need our son. The GM I ended up talking to was really cool and got everything worked out swiftly.

Thanks for the heads up on the stupid spelling mistake. Fixed it. Now I dont look like an idiot.

Lhancelot
04-07-2017, 02:58 PM
Post pictures fay gate

Preferably with the wife in a bikini or something else seductive.

Feel free to leave the kid out of the photos we believe the part about wanting to have the exemption for the kid, it's the wife part that's harder to believe.

Phenyo
04-07-2017, 02:58 PM

Post pictures fay gate

Damn spyder with the big dunkz

A1rh3ad
04-07-2017, 03:02 PM
Yeah I know they are trolling me. I expected that and it keeps the thread bumped. It's what I had to do to get the last one. I waited for a long time and started posting about it an someone saw the thread and my rant and then personally approved it. I believe he was Australian but I could be thinking of someone else. He said he had no idea why it took so long and it should have been approved already.

Lhancelot
04-07-2017, 03:25 PM
Yeah I know they are trolling me. I expected that and it keeps the thread bumped. It's what I had to do to get the last one. I waited for a long time and started posting about it an someone saw the thread and my rant and then personally approved it. I believe he was Australian but I could be thinking of someone else. He said he had no idea why it took so long and it should have been approved already.

Whenever someone tells me they are from Australia, I can't help but think of Men at Work, the music band from the 80s.

And, that song that mentions a "vegemite sandwich." Which sadly, I never have tried!

Lowako
04-07-2017, 03:31 PM
Just use a VPN until the IP exemption gets approved. I don't see what would be wrong with that.

A1rh3ad
04-07-2017, 03:34 PM
Whenever someone tells me they are from Australia, I can't help but think of Men at Work, the music band from the 80s.

And, that song that mentions a "vegemite sandwich." Which sadly, I never have tried!

I hear vegemite is good when used sparingly. People on youtube put way too much on and I've been told that the strong flavor makes it disgusting like that. I too want to try it.

A1rh3ad
04-07-2017, 03:38 PM
Just use a VPN until the IP exemption gets approved. I don't see what would be wrong with that.

Yeah I've been doing that at the moment. I used betternet on his PC which causes some lag but it is doable. I've played eq on dial up so it cant get much worse than that. I also want him to be able to just log in and play instead of going through all the trouble.

Cylock
04-07-2017, 03:51 PM
If I recall correctly you posted something similiar for your first IP exemption?

Also so more people know, we do them in batches. We don't do them one at a time.

With that said, just be a little more patient and your request will be addressed.

A1rh3ad
04-07-2017, 04:22 PM
If I recall correctly you posted something similiar for your first IP exemption?

Also so more people know, we do them in batches. We don't do them one at a time.

With that said, just be a little more patient and your request will be addressed.

Cool, he must have done a batch on the spot then. I'll be waiting and thank you for the response.

mickmoranis
04-07-2017, 04:56 PM
dude even CNN and MSNBC have tutorials on how to use VPN now

Cylock
04-07-2017, 05:20 PM
About to do a batch now, get your bodies ready! :)

Jimjam
04-07-2017, 05:27 PM

Are you gonna disable ip exemptions and see the EC pop drop?

A1rh3ad
04-07-2017, 05:33 PM

Ok, let me know when I am approved! Tyty! Will I get a response to the thread like last time?

Jimjam
04-07-2017, 05:39 PM

I want to see an IP Request back story generator, please.

I'm always entertained by peoples need to post a story justifying whey they and their close ones need an exemption instead of just making the formal request and waiting quietly (as I assume most people do).

mcoy
04-07-2017, 06:04 PM
I'm trying to play with my two dogs, my cat, my goat, and my chicken (don't worry, they're all well trained, and who doesn't like fresh milk and eggs?) any idea how long mine will take? It's been so long I'm about to retire the chicken to something she's better suited for - casserole!

A1rh3ad
04-07-2017, 06:20 PM
I want to see an IP Request back story generator, please.

I'm always entertained by peoples need to post a story justifying whey they and their close ones need an exemption instead of just making the formal request and waiting quietly (as I assume most people do).

Because it gets a response. Also its conversation. I have enjoyed the forum posters trolls.

Cylock
04-07-2017, 06:32 PM
its done, enjoy

welly321
04-07-2017, 07:03 PM
in b4 OP is crying about a ban for boxing

A1rh3ad
04-07-2017, 07:08 PM
its done, enjoy

We will very much. We're taking the boat right now :)

Jimjam
04-07-2017, 07:12 PM
Boating? Is that a portmanteau for Box Gloating? :D

mcoy
04-07-2017, 07:13 PM
We will very much. We're taking the boat right now :)

Hell, I think I was on it with the three of you, lol.

-Mcoy

A1rh3ad
04-07-2017, 07:15 PM
Hell, I think I was on it with the three of you, lol.

-Mcoy

Haha nice. With the laggy VPN I went LD at the zone line. My son and I had to wait on the island.

mcoy
04-07-2017, 07:18 PM
[Fri Apr 07 18:38:08 2017] ######## says out of character, 'went linkdead on boat'
[Fri Apr 07 18:38:13 2017] ######## says out of character, 'damn it'
[Fri Apr 07 18:38:22 2017] ####### says out of character, 'swimming to island'

A1rh3ad
04-07-2017, 08:33 PM
[Fri Apr 07 18:38:08 2017] ######## says out of character, 'went linkdead on boat'
[Fri Apr 07 18:38:13 2017] ######## says out of character, 'damn it'
[Fri Apr 07 18:38:22 2017] ####### says out of character, 'swimming to island'

Yeah thats me. Thanks for covering the name. Only god knows what the trolls would do if they knew who we were in game. Happy ending though. Someone there gave me a Purity Belt.

Phenyo
04-07-2017, 10:05 PM
Yeah thats me. Thanks for covering the name. Only god knows what the trolls would do if they knew who we were in game. Happy ending though. Someone there gave me a Purity Belt.

Hate to break it to you but you arnt important enough for anyone to funk with ingame. You'll get shitposted on here because its quick and easy on break, on the toilet, inbetween huffs of paint from a bag or whatever it is they do.

Most the people that shitpost here probably dont even play any more, forumquest ya dig?

Glad you and your wifes son are having fun ingame! Welcome!

tiadashi
04-07-2017, 10:16 PM
I would send pictures and video but not in a public discussion like this. I've seen how cruel and hateful the forum trolls can be.

Just dont reply to them at all - a reply only feeds them

Swish
04-07-2017, 10:19 PM
Sad how much trolling has occurred in this thread. Blue server really doesn't deserve the population it has based on it.

Grats on your IP exemption OP.

mcoy
04-07-2017, 10:27 PM
Sad how much trolling has occurred in this thread. Blue server really doesn't deserve the population it has based on it.

Grats on your IP exemption OP.

That's why I'm working to fix that!

The easiest faction to maintain is your rep. It's also the hardest to repair...

Now stop posting here and update your puzzle thread!

-Mcoy

branamil
04-08-2017, 05:44 AM
"My son" hahahah Jesus dude you are so transparent.

There are no kids out there that want to play a 20 year old mmo with his parents. 3-boxing pos.

Swish
04-08-2017, 08:08 AM
Actually I think Minecraft kids would adapt to it quite well

turbosilk
04-08-2017, 08:58 AM
The trolls can't believe people have families and kids 15+ years later because they never will.

I have exemptions for my wife and 2 kids be patient it takes a while. Sadly my kids prefer to play mine craft and haven't gotten past level 10 in 9 months.

Mirakk82
04-08-2017, 09:21 AM
It's rare, but people do want to try new things. I managed to get a 16 year old at my work to install P99 yesterday, actually. He wanted to give it a try because he heard it was difficult but rewarding. About a month prior, I'd gotten a 20 year old to take the plunge on it too with no prior MMORPG experience.

When you've got friends and family, you can do that. Which is something these trolls will never fathom. Glad you're having fun.

Lhancelot
04-08-2017, 09:28 AM
It's rare, but people do want to try new things. I managed to get a 16 year old at my work to install P99 yesterday, actually. He wanted to give it a try because he heard it was difficult but rewarding. About a month prior, I'd gotten a 20 year old to take the plunge on it too with no prior MMORPG experience.

When you've got friends and family, you can do that. Which is something these trolls will never fathom. Glad you're having fun.

This is not helping others, this is introducing them to a drug. Why would you destroy innocent young people's lives by leading them to EQ? smh. :confused:

Darkatar
04-08-2017, 09:31 AM
This is not helping others, this is introducing them to a drug. Why would you destroy innocent young people's lives by leading them to EQ? smh. :confused:

http://i.imgur.com/UtGq3VC.jpg

Zal22
04-08-2017, 09:40 AM
Word to the wise. Dont ever help your keyboard turning wife or your obviously abused son (Anyone who introduces a child to p99 is sick).

You will get banned anyway even if this sad story is legit.