PDA

View Full Version : Coldain ring quest #8 : how many people are required on average ?

maxlaurent
04-06-2017, 07:44 AM
Hey all,

I just got my 7th ring and would like to try the Coldain ring quest#8.
On average, how many people are required to do it ? Most of my friends / guildies are casual players with kunark gear (no Veilous BiS items at all !).

Thanks for help,

kotton05
04-06-2017, 07:48 AM
First got to find the ring roll time. show up , roll , then win. Call in the pals.

Takes a duo trio depending on classes , more if underleveled. Good luck sir. Want to say the roll time is god awful like 5am est.

Vilkata
04-06-2017, 11:34 AM
First got to find the ring roll time. show up , roll , then win. Call in the pals.

Takes a duo trio depending on classes , more if underleveled. Good luck sir. Want to say the roll time is god awful like 5am est.

Now that monks cant sneak pull, bring a druid or ranger to harmony. Even after that, an orc shaman will always come with the chief so you must deal with being slowed.
And move fast. I lost my 8th ring cause I took too long. Garadain charges the fort and dies after a short time.

Edit, quoted the wrong one.

Sadiki
04-07-2017, 03:28 PM
it isn't particularly difficult, but people love finding creative ways to die.
- Win roll, turn in marching orders to Gloridain
- Invis inside the fort to the right wall. This is a safe area but DON'T go near the inner fort. Mobs aggro through walls. (These mobs will despawn when the event actaully gets started in a few minutes)
- 3 named orcs and 2 giants spawn in the middle. Just smacking the chief brings the 3 orcs and not the giants, but harmony them and just pull the chief (oracle will come too)
- Kill chief, loot head. If your group can handle the rest without you, INVIS out of the fort and go find Garadain up the hill.
- Wait until Garadain shouts charge (he respawns as a different NPC at this point) and hand in the chief's head.

You can kill all 3 named orcs for loot that sells really easily. You also don't need to rush it, you just need to not sit around doing nothing once the mobs spawn. Almost everyone who pulls the chief as he spawns will kill him before Garadain gets to the frontlines. Rushing will get you killed though. You can usually ask people there to help as well, the ones who aren't dead tired will stay on and help.