PDA

View Full Version : Try red server <3

Swish
04-06-2017, 03:47 AM
http://i.imgur.com/cbTIv3y.gif

Blue is overcamped, inflated and even the little level 1s are close to spawning with a full set of Velious armor.

Red on the other hand is a new frontier, it's the equivalent of the American dream...anyone has the chance to start a new life and succeed while having fun and making new friends.

For anyone who's already tried it, perhaps its time to give it another go. Most of you though have still yet to experience the fun and you're missing out.

There's no start lines, far fewer rules (but there is a play nice policy that applies to prevent corpse camping), and there's various guilds recruiting right now.

Put down the EC tunnel and give it a try <3

Troxx
04-06-2017, 03:49 AM
#tryghosttownservertoplaywithyourselfandgetgriefed bytwinksrecruitthreadno.386638857

Swish
04-06-2017, 05:31 AM
Judging by the guy's location he isn't a big fan of the good work I do in this community. Lets keep this a positive thread guys, thanks :)

Egilmn
04-06-2017, 06:15 AM
No thank you, it is a mostly dead server of aspergers with one guild that raids uncontested. EQ pvp is not balanced or skillful at all, maybe some find it fun despite that but for the most part it is just grief pvp. Almost all of you on red just want to gank new low levels on your dumb twinked alt or 5v1 someone on your main. Very few of you are actually honorable pvpers.

KEWLGET
04-06-2017, 06:28 AM
no actually a new guild came back to red last week and the top, previously uncontested, guild has crumbled

TheBiznessTZ
04-06-2017, 06:28 AM
No thank you, it is a mostly dead server of aspergers with one guild that raids uncontested. EQ pvp is not balanced or skillful at all, maybe some find it fun despite that but for the most part it is just grief pvp. Almost all of you on red just want to gank new low levels on your dumb twinked alt or 5v1 someone on your main. Very few of you are actually honorable pvpers.

It's odd you say that.. cause we just over threw the "#1 guild" raiding uncontested and now we are raiding uncontested?

Damn
04-06-2017, 06:36 AM

link your pvp record please

Whirled
04-06-2017, 06:37 AM
Try red server = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDXTJa6TrKE

Lhancelot
04-06-2017, 07:07 AM

Blue is overcamped, inflated and even the little level 1s are close to spawning with a full set of Velious armor.

Red on the other hand is a new frontier, it's the equivalent of the American dream...anyone has the chance to start a new life and succeed while having fun and making new friends.

For anyone who's already tried it, perhaps its time to give it another go. Most of you though have still yet to experience the fun and you're missing out.

There's no start lines, far fewer rules (but there is a play nice policy that applies to prevent corpse camping), and there's various guilds recruiting right now.

Put down the EC tunnel and give it a try <3

The kinder, gentler Swish. ^^^ :p

Ravager
04-06-2017, 09:42 AM
OP still doesn't understand that everyone who wanted to try red already has and saw first hand how much it sucked.

Cylock
04-06-2017, 12:48 PM
Ok guys, there has been some changes to red server as of late. If you have tried it in the past, and didn't like it due to ooc spam, training, and overall player griefing, I suggest you try it again. The staff has really cracked down on red, and it is a better server overall. For those that don't know you can play blue and try red at the same time! For those that want to make comments like "Red is dead" and "Wipe it clean 2017" and things of that nature. I would like to point out that red was hovering around 75 or so people a few months ago, but has recently had a surge of population. We are nearly breaking 200 people during prime time on some nights.

All I ask is before you trash it based on past experience, try red today and see if its still the same.

With that said, I FULLY support this thread title! :)

trite
04-06-2017, 12:52 PM
Why is this guy (Swish) allowed to post outside of rants and flames, he's incapable of starting any other kind of thread.

trite
04-06-2017, 12:55 PM
Ok guys, there has been some changes to red server as of late. If you have tried it in the past, and didn't like it due to ooc spam, training, and overall player griefing, I suggest you try it again. The staff has really cracked down on red, and it is a better server overall. For those that don't know you can play blue and try red at the same time! For those that want to make comments "Red is dead" and things of that nature. I would like to point out that red was hovering around 75 or so people a few months ago, but has recently had a surge of population. We are nearly breaking 200 people during prime time on some nights.

All I ask is before you trash it based on past experience, try it today and see if its still the same.

With that said, I FULLY support this thread title! :)

Global ooc was really bad....However, EXP MOD is what turned me off to red forever. If there is a huge permanent exp bonus it's not a real classic server. EXP Mod ruined that server forever.

chevy79bu
04-06-2017, 12:58 PM
Global ooc was really bad....However, EXP MOD is what turned me off to red forever. If there is a huge permanent exp bonus it's not a real classic server. EXP Mod ruined that server forever.

How is this a rant and flame topic? I started on Red two weeks ago and have to say I haven't seen as much of the negative that everyone has been claiming... given my little druid is still under lvl 20 but I have been enjoying myself. I have ran across lots of people that don't just start firming on me immediately. They stop and talk to me and have even partnered up with a few

branamil
04-06-2017, 01:02 PM
Blue = People actively try to help your game experience. When I was a newbie people gave me advice, free items, and help killing things.

Red = People actively try to ruin your game experience. Get grief killed while trying to complete a quest, told to uninstall and kill yourself IRL.

Jimjam
04-06-2017, 01:03 PM
I also didn't like the xp bonus. I understand it was implemented to help people get into top end pvp easier.

I always enjoyed scrubbing it out in crushbone, etc. Only problem there being fungi/epic twinks. Obviously epics twinks are no longer a problem, but fungi can be. Fortunately many of the fungusmen have stopped playing.

Personally, I think red EQ would be stronger without expansions, just vanilla content, maybe even no planes and no legacy items such as manastone.

@branamil it is not as simple as that. I completely agree that red should be the competitive server and blue should be the collaborative server. However, some people think being an elf stockmarket trader or monopoly megacorp is fun. Perhaps there is actually more 'player blocked' content blue than there is on red?

All said though, I do play blue a heck of a lot more than I do red. Red is a fun place to do RP and themed characters though. I feel more of a survival/horror theme on red, which to me is more classic than the feel of blue.

DaddyTrollzBerg
04-06-2017, 01:06 PM
no thanks!

Troxx
04-06-2017, 01:17 PM
A pvp racial teams server locked in vanilla would be fun.

Humans vs elves vs short dudes vs evils

Human team could field all classes
Evil races would miss out on bard paladins and monks
Shorts would miss out on bard, shaman and monks
Elves would miss out on sk, shaman, monk, and necro

Locked in classic only, no fungi or epic twinks. Would be a bunch of newbs running around in rags having a grand old time. It'd be fun ... really fun. The racial team dynamic made tallon zek very fun.

Red99 even near its peak was bad due to the community. For all it's problems, the community is what makes blue worth playing. Raid scene isn't pretty but the population is healthy even at off hours.

Caiu
04-06-2017, 01:18 PM
Lift the permaban on the duke and sure.

Phenyo
04-06-2017, 01:21 PM
Ill come play red if someone gives me a plat package, accepting fungis.

kgallowaypa
04-06-2017, 02:00 PM
Please lets not mass recruit to red, this server is just fine with a population around 100-200

mcoy
04-06-2017, 02:30 PM
Why is this guy (Swish) allowed to post outside of rants and flames, he's incapable of starting any other kind of thread.

Not true! He started the puzzle thread:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267929

Cen
04-06-2017, 02:56 PM
I might play a bit on red, I'm originally from RZ and only played it and sullon zek ever. Spent many years in Flowers of Happiness and other guilds. I always wanted to make a PvP shadowknight or magician since I can't really make use of those classes on blue

feanan
04-06-2017, 03:22 PM
Normally I used to be against the Swish red thread, but if he can convince even a few people to leave blue, that makes blue even better!

As mentioned earlier in the thread, most ppl find p99 to recreate classic. Nothing about red 99 is classic.

enjoy your 600% leveling bonus or whatever it is

kgallowaypa
04-06-2017, 03:25 PM
Imagine if you will...the only way to gain access to the red server is once you have at least 1 in-game character on blue reach 60..It is like prestige in call of duty..it is pvp..right?

Sorn
04-06-2017, 03:40 PM
Not true! He started the puzzle thread:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267929

I think that might've been a fluke, especially considering his first puzzle was 'try red server'.

A1rh3ad
04-06-2017, 03:50 PM
This game is tilted way too far in a twinked alts favor. Plus the class/race advantage is too rock paper shotgun for my taste. I see the appeal but I'll sit pvp out. When I was younger I'd play nothing but pvp on MMOs but in my current state I really really really dont have fun with it. The game is hard enough by itself let alone avoiding other players. I've grown past my min/max mindset and just want to have fun. My sig says it all.

Swish
04-06-2017, 03:53 PM
I might play a bit on red, I'm originally from RZ and only played it and sullon zek ever. Spent many years in Flowers of Happiness and other guilds. I always wanted to make a PvP shadowknight or magician since I can't really make use of those classes on blue

Honestly a SK is a good pick and a popular one. If I wanted to just item farm I'd farm SK gear all day because there's plat to be made just for the popularity of them :)

Ravager
04-06-2017, 04:21 PM
In all seriousness, the best way to get more people to play red is to open another blue server. It'll attract more people to the project and you can get some fresh rubes for PvP.

branamil
04-06-2017, 07:45 PM
They do need a second blue. Everything even mildly worthwhile is perma camped.

Lhancelot
04-06-2017, 08:07 PM
Blue = People actively try to help your game experience. When I was a newbie people gave me advice, free items, and help killing things.

Red = People actively try to ruin your game experience. Get grief killed while trying to complete a quest, told to uninstall and kill yourself IRL.

rofl. I think the caveat here is when you first start out Blue is these things.

Then you get to 50+ start dabbling with raids and find that actually how you describe red above is how p99 blue raiders typically operate.

Swish
04-06-2017, 09:26 PM
The only reason you've got petitionquest and guilds trying to deny each other kills is because they can't beat each other with pvp.

The pvp approach is much better because every encounter doesn't end with petitions and players quoting rules or assumed precedents. If you died, you died. It's clear cut.

Videri
04-06-2017, 09:35 PM
The only reason you've got petitionquest and guilds trying to deny each other kills is because they can't beat each other with pvp.

The pvp approach is much better because every encounter doesn't end with petitions and players quoting rules or assumed precedents. If you died, you died. It's clear cut.

I'm not sure it's as clear-cut as one would hope. Sometimes, when a player dies in EQ pvp, that player claims it is invalid because it was due to circumstances or something unfair. How many times have you seeen people whine about being killed while fighting mobs, medding at low HP, AFKing, or being unbuffed? Some players have claimed that it should be illegal to attack players who are engaged on mobs. To the old-hand pvpers, that's obviously incorrect.

One must draw the line somewhere, and it is not obvious or clear-cut where that line should be. There is no final ruleset that will please all parties. It will end up being some kind of arbitrary compromise, and I guarantee some players will complain. There will always be opportunities for crying about losing. Don't you think so too?

Swish
04-06-2017, 09:46 PM
I'm not sure it's as clear-cut as one would hope. Sometimes, when a player dies in EQ pvp, that player claims it is invalid because it was due to circumstances or something unfair. How many times have you seeen people whine about being killed while fighting mobs, medding at low HP, AFKing, or being unbuffed? Some players have claimed that it should be illegal to attack players who are engaged on mobs. To the old-hand pvpers, that's obviously incorrect.

One must draw the line somewhere, and it is not obvious or clear-cut where that line should be. There is no final ruleset that will please all parties. It will end up being some kind of arbitrary compromise, and I guarantee some players will complain. There will always be opportunities for crying about losing. Don't you think so too?

You can't steal someone's Ancient Cyclops or whatever if they're out of pvp range. If you can't pvp each other then blue rules apply. Same with training, you can't just flop mobs on other players. It's not a lawless server.

If you afk and don't camp to character select, you're asking for it. Holodock safety protocols are off ^^

Come on down guys, these are the kinds of groups you'll find (more new starters, far less twinks... the roots of EQ):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq_q-hioGkU

A1rh3ad
04-06-2017, 10:22 PM
Coming from someone who plays on blue, someone complaining about getting killed while fighting mobs is a sore loser. If someone gets the jump on you someone gets the jump on you. Suck it up buttercup. The idea of pvp is to treat other factions like mobs. You can be killed at any time by a pathing mob. Players are no different.

Ivah
04-06-2017, 11:47 PM

You obviously suck at EQ if this is your viewpoint. Please stay on blue.

A1rh3ad
04-06-2017, 11:59 PM
You obviously suck at EQ if this is your viewpoint. Please stay on blue.

He actually has a legitimate point. The character class/race is completely unbalanced and if you notice on the forums the players who are on red mostly troll and act like total jerkoffs to others. I've known many people with mild autism and while none of them played EQ that I know of, most were poopsocking min/max pvpers in other games. Damn good ones too. The idea of being better than someone else because of their autistic traits goes to their heads. Normal people don't act or think like them and Pvp becomes an echo chainbor.

A1rh3ad
04-07-2017, 12:11 AM
No offence to anyone on the spectrum of course. It's common place in games like this. The whole game is an aspies wonderland.

Ivah
04-07-2017, 12:58 AM
He actually has a legitimate point. The character class/race is completely unbalanced and if you notice on the forums the players who are on red mostly troll and act like total jerkoffs to others. I've known many people with mild autism and while none of them played EQ that I know of, most were poopsocking min/max pvpers in other games. Damn good ones too. The idea of being better than someone else because of their autistic traits goes to their heads. Normal people don't act or think like them and Pvp becomes an echo chainbor.

No, Blue is far more of shit-hole then red. Been there done that. The whole unbalanced thing is just shit players not understanding the game. Please inform me which classes are unbalanced and why? Also, zero difference on on blue/red trolling on forums. You either don't read blue RNF or very naive.

Cylock
04-07-2017, 02:14 AM
We have added new rules recently to deter what was going on over on the red server. We are cleaning it up, if you have played in the past and log on today I have NO DOUBT you will notice a difference. These new rules made some people upset, we can't always make everyone happy. But we are doing what we think is best for the server for the long haul.

To encourage more actual PvP combat and less just griefing each other, and due to the previous standard of a couple players interfering with a raid target while having no actual raid or PvP force present in game to contest or kill, we have added this rule:

"A player that interferes with a raid target with no raid force present to kill or contest the target is against the rules and will be addressed swiftly."

A Raid Force is 12 or more players - Again we are talking about the RAID TARGET, if you only have a couple of players and you want to attack players thats fine, but you cant interfere with the raid target unless you have a RAID FORCE

This above rule may be revisted at a later date to adjust if needed.

Also, guilds will be held accountable for their members actions. We are adding this to deter the constant trains and griefing that has went on in the past.

Example: If Guild A is engaged on a raid target, and a player from Guild B trains Guild A on purpose, Guild B will be held accountable for that train.

So come on over and see the NEW RED

Swish
04-07-2017, 02:51 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Q20TBzT.gif

Swish
04-07-2017, 02:55 AM
http://i.imgur.com/OHy7ixN.gif

Cylock
04-07-2017, 03:07 AM

http://i.imgur.com/OHy7ixN.gif

AMEN BROTHER AMEN!

Phenyo
04-07-2017, 03:12 AM
The twist is swish is cylock, stop replying to yourself

Swish
04-07-2017, 03:31 AM
I thought I was Llandris? It gets confusing.

Egilmn
04-07-2017, 04:43 AM
No, Blue is far more of shit-hole then red. Been there done that. The whole unbalanced thing is just shit players not understanding the game. Please inform me which classes are unbalanced and why? Also, zero difference on on blue/red trolling on forums. You either don't read blue RNF or very naive.

The only skillful and balanced pvp mmo to have ever been released was darkfall 1.0, not unholy wars. Any mmo with rng or that is heavily gear based will never be skillful. Many of them also have overpowered classes, especially with certain gear. Ultima online, eq, daoc, wow, etc are all either rife with rng and/or very gear based, or have overpowered classes. Asheron's call may have been a close second in skill to darkfall, though I missed out on it so I cannot say.

You can think that eq pvp is fun, which is fine, but it doesn't change the fact that it is not skillful or balanced. Red server is only bad because of many of the people who congregate there. For some reason eq pvp seems to attract that type, probably because it is easy to grief pvp in eq.

Egilmn
04-07-2017, 04:50 AM
On red many monks/sks or even necros will "accidentally" aggro a bunch of mobs, and then feign near someone or a group that they are fighting. It is impossible to really prove what went down there unless you run fraps. For any of you wanting to play on that server, you will get to run fraps 24/7 as a bonus for dealing with red players. Some advice for you lucky souls.

A1rh3ad
04-07-2017, 05:06 AM
Yeah these conversations are making me really want to try red.
/sarcasm

Jimjam
04-07-2017, 05:44 AM
The only skillful and balanced pvp mmo to have ever been released was darkfall 1.0, not unholy wars. Any mmo with rng or that is heavily gear based will never be skillful. Many of them also have overpowered classes, especially with certain gear. Ultima online, eq, daoc, wow, etc are all either rife with rng and/or very gear based, or have overpowered classes. Asheron's call may have been a close second in skill to darkfall, though I missed out on it so I cannot say.

You can think that eq pvp is fun, which is fine, but it doesn't change the fact that it is not skillful or balanced. Red server is only bad because of many of the people who congregate there. For some reason eq pvp seems to attract that type, probably because it is easy to grief pvp in eq.

Games entirely determined by RNG are unskilful, such as Snakes and Ladders where the player has no meaningful input in to the outcome of the game. Agreed.

However, having an RNG element does not necessarily reduce the skill of a game.

A game that includes RNG encourages increased contingency planning and cost benefit analysis; both skills.

derpcake
04-07-2017, 05:45 AM
On red many monks/sks or even necros will "accidentally" aggro a bunch of mobs, and then feign near someone or a group that they are fighting. It is impossible to really prove what went down there unless you run fraps. For any of you wanting to play on that server, you will get to run fraps 24/7 as a bonus for dealing with red players. Some advice for you lucky souls.

I've never run fraps, and have never had a PVP issue I had to petition after my 2nd week on red.

EQ pve is harsh for newbies, EQ pvp is harsh for newbies .. play well, improve, and the learning curves are similar.

I could see how people on red would try to grief you with your attitude though, and they'd most likely succeed.

"better fraps this" as I 2-shot your 23% hp gimp as you are sitting and my rogue arrives, am sure you'd entertain me for it.

derpcake
04-07-2017, 05:51 AM
We have added new rules recently to deter what was going on over on the red server. We are cleaning it up, if you have played in the past and log on today I have NO DOUBT you will notice a difference. These new rules made some people upset, we can't always make everyone happy. But we are doing what we think is best for the server for the long haul.

To encourage more actual PvP combat and less just griefing each other, and due to the previous standard of a couple players interfering with a raid target while having no actual raid or PvP force present in game to contest or kill, we have added this rule:

"A player that interferes with a raid target with no raid force present to kill or contest the target is against the rules and will be addressed swiftly."

A Raid Force is 12 or more players - Again we are talking about the RAID TARGET, if you only have a couple of players and you want to attack players thats fine, but you cant interfere with the raid target unless you have a RAID FORCE

Also, guilds will be held accountable for their members actions. We are adding this to deter the constant trains and griefing that has went on in the past.

Example: If Guild A is engaged on a raid target, and a player from Guild B trains Guild A on purpose, Guild B will be held accountable for that train.

Can we please have a stickied thread in the red section of forums?

Also need a MOTD update so people know to check for the new rules. This will also prevent people from claiming they were unaware.

I doubt these rules will work btw, I have chars in 2 guilds, can I get either one punished by breaking the rules? That sounds bad.

How about you delevel offenders instead? Give them a good old chain-DTing. This will force them to xp which will increase the activity on the server.

Repeat offenders need the perm-ban of course.

Don't like the raid force rule at all. If a char is in range it should be able to do whatever it can to disrupt a raid, whether that's dispelling slow or bashing the cleric or flashing the rogue.

The new rule will just pose more issues long term as its borders are tested an exploited.

If I bring a lvl 56 bard and 11 lvl 1 ogres to Kael Drakkal, can I dispell mobs on the bard? We have 12 people so thats a raid force according to your rules! What if I bring the bard and 11 lvl 34 druids, that surely counts?

Think that's dumb? Well prolly not, u seen the petitions ;)

Egilmn
04-07-2017, 06:31 AM
"better fraps this" as I 2-shot your 23% hp gimp as you are sitting and my rogue arrives, am sure you'd entertain me for it.

Yes I am sure you enjoy 1 shotting someone at 23% hp on your rogue, being that you are a highly skilled elite pvper. Red players think they are "hardcore" because they play in a world of training and ganking, grief pvp. The world of zerging and 5v1ing, twinking dumb alts vs new low levels, training a few mobs on someone by "accident" in a fight, and other such elite pvp tactics of unmatched skill.

Phenyo
04-07-2017, 06:43 AM
Yes I am sure you enjoy 1 shotting someone at 23% hp on your rogue, being that you are a highly skilled elite pvper. Red players think they are "hardcore" because they play in a world of training and ganking, grief pvp. The world of zerging and 5v1ing, twinking dumb alts vs new low levels, training a few mobs on someone by "accident" in a fight, and other such elite pvp tactics of unmatched skill.

Did somebody kill you?

derpcake
04-07-2017, 07:18 AM

I enjoy learning people to at least try to sit out of sight when out of resources.

That being said, I don't enjoy it half as much as salty posts from tried-red-didn't-git-gud players such as you.

Sorry it didn't work out bro.

Also TMO that cucked blue for so long came to red and it was embarrassing for them as players. I remember them wiping to draco with ~30 players pre-fear update.

TMO failed because "we already know how to play EQ"+ "in 3 weeks we take over red" claims.

8-bag strat not so great it turns out, who could have guessed.

Ivah
04-07-2017, 08:17 AM

Come and show red players that eq pvp takes no skill. 100 percent guarantee you are all talk and can't hang.

Ivah
04-07-2017, 08:22 AM

Ya cause you don't need fraps on blue lmfao. I don't think you understand either server very well tbh. I've also seen more shady ass training on blue then red there is a reason your server is more policed.

Brut
04-07-2017, 08:29 AM
Wipe red and keep it in classic pls. Will sign up.

kotton05
04-07-2017, 08:42 AM

Make red Great again.

burkemi5
04-07-2017, 09:09 AM
ITT: Red players taunting people and telling them they suck. Oh boy, sign me up to Red ASAP!!!

#burnitdown

Whirled
04-07-2017, 02:46 PM
thread is sad on a cracker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=pyXsiWETMAw

FoxxHound
04-07-2017, 04:10 PM
Sure, you all have a point. There are a quite a few toxic people there. However, that could be said for nearly any gaming group/community. There are lots of good/chill peeps there too though.

Swish
04-07-2017, 10:15 PM
If my only window into blue was the A/A raiding issue threads in RNF I wouldn't touch it.

mcoy
04-07-2017, 10:42 PM
I'd try Red just to please Swish, but a cleric in pvp? Maybe if red went to luclin...

Jmcwrestling
04-07-2017, 10:43 PM
McCoy, I'll roll a tank and level with you :)

Swish
04-07-2017, 10:51 PM
I'd try Red just to please Swish, but a cleric in pvp? Maybe if red went to luclin...

Now this will get a few laughs but Gaffin's cleric was a good pvper on red, it's possible... the problem is if people have high MR your nukes/roots/etc are nearly worthless.

Druid is a good choice if you like healing and want to pvp effectively too. Druids shine on red.

mcoy
04-07-2017, 11:08 PM
Now this will get a few laughs but Gaffin's cleric was a good pvper on red, it's possible... the problem is if people have high MR your nukes/roots/etc are nearly worthless.

Druid is a good choice if you like healing and want to pvp effectively too. Druids shine on red.

Give druids 96% and maybe I'd consider it...

Cylock
04-08-2017, 12:34 AM

Putting this here again so people can actually read some facts instead of all the garble in this thread.

I hope to see some of you soon! :)

Troxx
04-08-2017, 12:55 AM
You can drop the e-gangster rhetoric, not for one second would I imagine a > PVP < server to be a warm and inviting place. However when you have the server population intentionally coercing new players to be griefed by a running joke of a local player then it makes you wonder how you expect the population to rise.

Red is intended to be a PVP server, not a who can pretend to be the biggest thug straight out of compton club. Ever heard of the phrase don't shit where you eat?

Sorry u lost

The red server community is responsible for the current state of red.

Cylock
04-08-2017, 04:02 AM
Look at all the top shelf critters just waiting to be killed on RED. These raid targets are just a few examples. Most raid mobs are just there for the taking. ZERO waiting in line.

http://i.imgur.com/gkUbYwz.png

http://i.imgur.com/KGwVwKU.png

http://i.imgur.com/sXgxbvK.png

A lot of people on red are willing to help out new players! Give it a try!

A1rh3ad
04-08-2017, 04:18 AM
I dont hate the idea behind red. If I was still younger I'd make a character on the server. I feel like I'm getting old because all I want is some gool ol teamwork pve. I don't feel like looking over my shoulder for players as if I'm always running through the middle of kithicor forest at night with a lv1 alt. It really doesn't seem fun anymore. That shit got old fast.

Jimjam
04-08-2017, 07:52 AM
A lot of team work goes into red. I levelled a character in the lavastorm area and had no problems for dozens of levels.

The ganking/fungus men seem to be much rarer. It is a fast road to 50 and from there it is teamwork!

Swish
04-08-2017, 08:02 AM
A lot of team work goes into red. I levelled a character in the lavastorm area and had no problems for dozens of levels.

The ganking/fungus men seem to be much rarer. It is a fast road to 50 and from there it is teamwork!

Troxx
04-08-2017, 09:33 AM
Cyclock now the official red99 GM? Shame if so, he has been (or was) great for blue. We were at seb king a few weeks ago and he popped in to make us all unicorns.

In the words of our rogue, we were majestic as fuck.

I appreciate trying to clean up red server, but piggybacking threads by Swish is not going to help your case. Swish has been trolling/spamming blue forums for years with this mess and relentlessly raging over BDA's actions regarding some rotation or somesuch. He apparently used to be cool and well liked until he ragequit blue and ran off to red.

Pvp servers on EQ are fun. They work out well when you have a healthy population both in total players and across the full spectrum. Red has neither of these. The xp bonus means you blast through the fun part of eq too quickly only to reach the end which is full of raid geared toons at 60 with excessively twinked alts to cover all level ranges from 46-55. Gear makes eq pvp even more lopsided.

The playerbase is tiny and full or caustic folks at this point. Pvp is fine and all, but the chest thumping and sour attitude at large is not appealing to most.

The best chance for a pvp server is literally to start fresh and with a pvp teams setup. Population would be large and healthy as long as GMs work hard to minimize the toxicity.

Lhancelot
04-08-2017, 09:54 AM
Look at all the top shelf critters just waiting to be killed on RED. These raid targets are just a few examples. Most raid mobs are just there for the taking. ZERO waiting in line.

http://i.imgur.com/gkUbYwz.png

http://i.imgur.com/KGwVwKU.png

http://i.imgur.com/sXgxbvK.png

A lot of people on red are willing to help out new players! Give it a try!

Cylock, I have to ask you mate.

Are you secretly Swish? :D

kotton05
04-08-2017, 10:00 AM
Cylock, I have to ask you mate.

Are you secretly Swish? :D

I don't care, cylock looks super sexy in those photos

Lhancelot
04-08-2017, 10:08 AM
I don't care, cylock looks super sexy in those photos

I don't care either, I like that he is actively hitting the forums with some positivity and using his personal cache to try to cultivate a better future for Red.

Swish, if that's you, keep it up and showcase more mobs that Blue nerds could have access to. This just might make some of them think and leave Blue to try Red!

Cylock, if you are not Swish, keep it up anyway!

I am pretty sure the allure of such huge, shiny pixels will draw some players off Blue eventually to try Red.

It appears Red is a smorgasbord of ultra-powerful raid mobs waiting to be taken down, with the most BiS items found on P99!

Surely a little PVP doesn't scare you Blue nerds THAT much, does it?

I personally support this thread!

Try Red!

SamwiseRed
04-08-2017, 10:15 AM
if you dont mind being doxed and harassed in RL, join red.

Swish
04-08-2017, 03:43 PM
Cyclock now the official red99 GM? Shame if so, he has been (or was) great for blue. We were at seb king a few weeks ago and he popped in to make us all unicorns.

In the words of our rogue, we were majestic as fuck.

I appreciate trying to clean up red server, but piggybacking threads by Swish is not going to help your case. Swish has been trolling/spamming blue forums for years with this mess and relentlessly raging over BDA's actions regarding some rotation or somesuch. He apparently used to be cool and well liked until he ragequit blue and ran off to red.

Pvp servers on EQ are fun. They work out well when you have a healthy population both in total players and across the full spectrum. Red has neither of these. The xp bonus means you blast through the fun part of eq too quickly only to reach the end which is full of raid geared toons at 60 with excessively twinked alts to cover all level ranges from 46-55. Gear makes eq pvp even more lopsided.

The playerbase is tiny and full or caustic folks at this point. Pvp is fine and all, but the chest thumping and sour attitude at large is not appealing to most.

The best chance for a pvp server is literally to start fresh and with a pvp teams setup. Population would be large and healthy as long as GMs work hard to minimize the toxicity.

Nice bait but this isnt RNF, if you're mad please make your way there and set up a thread about this thread. Thank you for checking in and taking a look here :)

On a separate note I was having a good time on red last night and will be on again later <3

Vidar
04-09-2017, 05:18 PM
Nice bait but this isnt RNF, if you're mad please make your way there and set up a thread about this thread. Thank you for checking in and taking a look here :)

On a separate note I was having a good time on red last night and will be on again later <3

Troxx's post doesnt belong in RnF it belongs here. He just stated the truth about red. I find it funny how you feel it is ok to bash blue and point out everything that you dont like about it, but no one else is allowed to do the same thing to red. When anyone talks about red like you talk about blue well then it belongs in RnF.

Maybe next time you start a thread about recruiting for red dont talk about blue. Just say all the good things about red and all the things you like about it. But stop stirring up things between red and blue.

'Blue is overcamped, inflated and even the little level 1s are close to spawning with a full set of Velious armor.' That was the first thing you wrote in this thread. And yes you were trashing blue. Spread the love not the trash.

Swish
04-10-2017, 09:45 AM
Troxx's post doesnt belong in RnF it belongs here. He just stated the truth about red.

Red is the topic. If you want to attack a player, do that in RNF.

I find it funny how you feel it is ok to bash blue and point out everything that you dont like about it, but no one else is allowed to do the same thing to red. When anyone talks about red like you talk about blue well then it belongs in RnF.

This is a constructive thread to talk about players who want to try something new. People do their best to get these threads moved, I get it. But honestly, lets stay on track here.

Maybe next time you start a thread about recruiting for red dont talk about blue. Just say all the good things about red and all the things you like about it. But stop stirring up things between red and blue.

How do you talk about an EverQuest server with a different ruleset without referencing the server people are coming from? Care to give that a try?

'Blue is overcamped, inflated and even the little level 1s are close to spawning with a full set of Velious armor.' That was the first thing you wrote in this thread. And yes you were trashing blue. Spread the love not the trash.

That's the truth. You can argue against facts but they're still facts. I tried to give out some old stuff about 3-4 months ago and every low level player in Gfay had better. I went and buffed people and saw Velious armor or at least some Kunark stuff.

You're not going to find that on red most of the time. There just aren't the items circulating to hand out. Basically I'm saying the inflation isn't there so the comparative wealth between a level 1 new starter and a high end trader isn't so ridiculous. Sorry for bringing blue server into it, but as any new player to red is coming from blue I don't see how you can get around not mentioning it. Sorry about that.

Vidar
04-11-2017, 09:10 PM
1) His topic was red. Sorry you don't like the truth about your precious red.

2) Your constructive thread started with you trashing blue. Plus your thread isn't a place for people to come together to try something new. It is a place for you to try to get people to come try your dead server. Numbers dont lie. There are many reasons people dont play red. Many reasons.

3) Hey guys, come try red! It is a totally different experience from blue. And improvements have been made! -- something along those lines. NOT---> Hey guys. Blue sucks the people suck the camps suck Come try red, we suck too just not in the same way!!

4) Yes and every bad thing people people say about red is true too. Sorry you dont like it. I have chars on red...you cant buy shit from anyone. ive tried on there and on these forums. It is a ghost town until a twink comes along and kills you. And yes there are a ton of twinks on blue...thats what happens when an mmo ages. if you dont like it maybe you should be making a thread about a restart of blue.

Varren
04-11-2017, 09:39 PM
I don't understand why people get so upset about these threads. Who tf cares if he says why he doesn like blue and prefers red. I mean its interesting to see the drama, but cmon

Swish
04-12-2017, 02:45 AM
1) His topic was red. Sorry you don't like the truth about your precious red.

2) Your constructive thread started with you trashing blue. Plus your thread isn't a place for people to come together to try something new. It is a place for you to try to get people to come try your dead server. Numbers dont lie. There are many reasons people dont play red. Many reasons.

3) Hey guys, come try red! It is a totally different experience from blue. And improvements have been made! -- something along those lines. NOT---> Hey guys. Blue sucks the people suck the camps suck Come try red, we suck too just not in the same way!!

4) Yes and every bad thing people people say about red is true too. Sorry you dont like it. I have chars on red...you cant buy shit from anyone. ive tried on there and on these forums. It is a ghost town until a twink comes along and kills you. And yes there are a ton of twinks on blue...thats what happens when an mmo ages. if you dont like it maybe you should be making a thread about a restart of blue.

You seem to have not read my previous post after his post which was before your post...which basically said that you can't recruit from one server to another without some kind of comparison between the servers.

Am I the only one on these forums "trashing blue"? Look at the Phinny players, look at people in this forum outside of red threads. Please be even and call everyone out on words that offend you <3

On a more positive note, the red population is going up. People are trying it, and I myself buffed a bunch of people last night and helped them on their adventures.

Whirled
04-12-2017, 07:48 AM
Am I the only one on these forums "trashing blue"?

I don't understand why people get so upset about these threads. Who tf cares if he says why he doesn like blue and prefers red. I mean its interesting to see the drama, but cmon

1) There are many reasons people dont play red. Many reasons.

Many reasons.

Now recruiting for the new guild <Many Reasons>
Apply within.

LuckyBones
04-12-2017, 11:23 AM
Pst to Hazelnut for druid buffs! Join red today!!

Vidar
04-12-2017, 09:02 PM
You seem to have not read my previous post after his post which was before your post...which basically said that you can't recruit from one server to another without some kind of comparison between the servers.

Am I the only one on these forums "trashing blue"? Look at the Phinny players, look at people in this forum outside of red threads. Please be even and call everyone out on words that offend you <3

On a more positive note, the red population is going up. People are trying it, and I myself buffed a bunch of people last night and helped them on their adventures.

So you admit that you are trashing blue to try and get a few more people to try deadRed. Finally..how constructive of you. Good luck with trying to trick people into trying red. Numbers dont lie.

PS. People have been saying that reds pop is going up...its not. Ive been watching it for a very long time now. Now if you mean by 1 or 2 sure i can give that to you...but they will leave in a week or month or so.

kelsoider
04-12-2017, 09:20 PM
Swish are you the one dropping those Tryredserver corpses in tactical spots like the NFP bank?

Zekayy
04-12-2017, 10:00 PM
I tried red but had no one to play with. so I stopped.

Swish
04-12-2017, 10:13 PM
Swish are you the one dropping those Tryredserver corpses in tactical spots like the NFP bank?

http://i.imgur.com/RXk2OLs.gif

bolo
04-13-2017, 02:26 PM

/popcorn

Swish
04-13-2017, 11:20 PM
The population is rising guys. If choosing to give red a go, see if you can speak to someone in <Sanctuary> and get an invite. Typically starting on Faydwer is going to be the best option in terms of leveling :)

In advance, the blue population drops down to about 500ish offpeak and I know people like to post offpeak numbers to make the point about no Euro zone players playing red much ;)

bclements87
04-13-2017, 11:27 PM
no