PDA

View Full Version : Worth trying seafururies?

chevy79bu
04-05-2017, 06:32 PM
Would it be worth trying to kill some seafuries with a 45 necro? I figure it would be a platform generator plus some xpow at this lvl. Obviously it is not the most efficient source of xp... what are some pros and cons other than the slower xp?

Stunnah
04-05-2017, 06:38 PM
overcamped. you wont have fun :(

Pokesan
04-05-2017, 06:39 PM
No. Stay far away from FTE island, it is a shithole.

Mzy12345
04-05-2017, 07:05 PM
I would say a lot depends on how bad you need plat. As others have said you won't enjoy it and the experience is terrible. As a necro you are an excellent class for it and I know some necros making 70k plus while leveling there.

In my experience I would say it is not worth it unless you are very hardcore. I was there on a Monk so my goal was to try to hold down 2 static spawns and I usually found the cash to be 600-800 pp per hour. As a pet class you do have an advantage and you may be able to hold down more but overall I just don't think it is worth it.

Bubbles
04-06-2017, 02:35 AM
You want quicker xp? Duo. You want more plat? Camp rare items like the Gazuhri ring and See Invis bracer from LOIO... or Grachnist for the shrunken earring.

You want a good xp + plat spot on a server that averages 1k level 45+ toons on most days at peak time... Even if it truly existed, no one would willingly give up the location. :)

If you literally HAVE to be solo because you can't converse with people.. Charm-killing undead will be your best bet in guk and CoM.. but neither is going to be great loot.

chevy79bu
04-06-2017, 03:14 AM
Appreciate the responses. I loosely follow the guides online for xp I just like to explore some while lvling I ended up finding myself killing some raptors in temerous tonight. Obviously no money was had but was a new experience that I had never done before so it was a success. I am not geared all that well on my necro at this point so that was where the original question of the seafururies came in. Gear will come in time I know... especially if I can ward off my although addictions lol. Thanks again!

chevy79bu
04-06-2017, 03:15 AM
Alt addictions***

articnv
04-06-2017, 03:23 AM
as necro that has done seafurries at 45 the island willc hew you up and spit u out unless your playing off peak hours :)

Swish
04-06-2017, 03:38 AM
Spectres still good at 45 for a couple more levels.

If in Oasis bind at the gypsies and sell there.
If in Feerott bind at the vendors near the river and run back (might need skellie on to sell to them)

Troxx
04-06-2017, 03:46 AM
Seafuries are frustrating to try and camp. It's a headache.

debuilder
04-06-2017, 08:48 AM
On red server you can just slay everyone on the island and make like 2-3k an hour pretty easily

Cecily
04-06-2017, 09:15 AM
Seafury island is probably my favorite place in the game. Then again I enjoy the chaos and maybe get a kick from watching the corrupted my ranger spawned walk into shaman fury piles. It's the closest thing to PvP we have on the server.

kgallowaypa
04-06-2017, 09:17 AM
It's not a cesspool if you have quick reflexes and have a fast casting, medium range lure spell like tash for an enchanter. Jboots/sow pot helps a lot here as a mob will pop and wander for on average 3 seconds before getting tagged.

jolanar
04-06-2017, 09:57 AM
Seafuries is terrible money unless you are there at ghost town hours. Waste of time honestly.

Amyas
04-06-2017, 10:24 AM
Crazy over camped by 60s that grab them as soon as they spawn.

indiscriminate_hater
04-06-2017, 10:33 AM
Nice try seafury fatcats. Don't listen to these guys OP there be gold in them hills

radda
04-06-2017, 10:51 AM
i fucking love seafurries. i enjoy my time there. seriously

kotton05
04-06-2017, 10:58 AM
If you can level while making bank it's the way to go.

Unsure the best level for a necro to go there tho.

Bones
04-06-2017, 11:41 AM
I did alot of 46-50 there back in the day pre-kunark but it was far less camped then obviously and also corrupted/quag did not spawn at the time, so it is possible to kill them at 45 but its not optimal.

As others have said it can be better in off-peak hours but to be honest there really isn't even an off-peak hour for seafury island that I have been able to find. Although, I havent really tried going at 4 am est because I can't but I have gone at like noon on a day off work and its still slammed. Many people get the same idea of going to the island during "off-peak" hours thinking it will be less camped and it can actually be more camped then than it is during primetime raid hours. I've done /who all oot and see 2 people on list, wait for boat, zone in and there's 13 fucking people with anon on and not a single static seafury spawn point that isn't being sat on.

Spectres are very easy to charm kill at lvl 45 and while they don't yield as much cash as seafuries you will get a lot more exp and still make some decent plat while being far less frustrated. I would suggest oasis specs since there is quite a few spawns and you can kill sand giants for extra plat as well as check on AC spawn in SRO at 9pm game-time or whenever he spawns and if you are lucky enough to get him if you don't need the jboots yourself its an easy 7kpp in EC tunnel for 1 easy kill.

chevy79bu
04-06-2017, 04:55 PM
Ok so seems to be mixed feelings on the seafururies idea. I have been doing specs since 39 and have made some decent money. And as Bones said I was checking on the AC and actually got him late last week! So I now have a fresh pair of jboots (unless you count the 1000 times I clicked them in the first 5min of owning them lol) Again I like running around killing anything that I find so maybe I'll pop over to the seafururies eventually and see what the fuss is about. Thanks again everyone!

kaluann
04-06-2017, 05:27 PM
I leveled my necro from 49 to 53 exclusively on seafury island, and loved it. It was pretty slow exp-wise, but the money and excitement made it well worth it. As a necro (especially when you get splurt), you'll be well equipped to handle anything the island throws at you, including Quag and tainted/corrupted that people leave up and avoid like the plague.

Don't expect to get many kills until you know all the spawn points and there will be tons of competition as many others have said, but at least give it a few hours before you run away forever. Most people are actually pretty nice, its just super cutthroat to get FTE once they spawn. Like I said, learn the spawn points and if its too crowded just play an alt or something (or go somewhere else)

My favorite day on P1999 was getting lvl 51 (splurt), a ring from AC, and buying my CoS all in one morning. Very fond of OOT and seafury island in particular!

Silken
04-06-2017, 06:31 PM
I have never personally done Seafuries to any extent, though I have spent enough time listening to ooc in the zone to know that you will spend a lot of time fighting to get FTE on them with level 60's, and then arguing about it for 45 minutes. It is the only zone in the game that I usually turn off ooc for.