PDA

View Full Version : P99tunnel needs your help!

Aluin
04-05-2017, 06:12 PM
Hi all,

As some of you may be aware, a friend of mine and I have created a new auction site to attempt to fill the void where p99auctions.com used to be. We did a soft launch of p99tunnel.com (http://p99tunnel.com) a few weeks ago and so far we're happy with the results (though there is still much to do).

Currently, the biggest issue we're having is a lack of loggers. Basically, we need some trusted volunteers to run our logging client on their machines while they are sitting in EC (or anywhere in the case of the red server). We'd like to limit the loggers to a few people who spend a lot of time in EC rather than just letting everyone log.

So if you're pretty active auction-wise and would like to help out, send me a pm and we'll get you set up! We need loggers for both red and blue.

Thanks!

paulgiamatti
04-05-2017, 06:15 PM
Pras

shuklak
04-05-2017, 06:17 PM
Sounds a lot like one of those "paid to shop" scams you see all over the internet.

Low post count and old account = beware folks!

Speedi
04-05-2017, 06:18 PM
Very nice! One person you may want to contact is Drumas. He spends a lot of time AFK at the tunnel. He might help you out.

Good luck on this project!

Aluin
04-05-2017, 06:32 PM
Sounds a lot like one of those "paid to shop" scams you see all over the internet.

Low post count and old account = beware folks!

Hey there! I guess I sort of understand the apprehension. I was really never too active on these forums.

If it puts your mind at ease, our site is completely open source (https://github.com/eqdata) and we're not asking anything from our loggers besides the log information they send us. We'd do it ourselves, but neither of our connections are super reliable and we built our service such that it can accommodate and reconcile multiple loggers.

We do have a link for donations, but that's just to cover server costs. No one's obligated to do anything.

kgallowaypa
04-05-2017, 07:17 PM
A++++

shuklak
04-05-2017, 08:25 PM
Hey there! I guess I sort of understand the apprehension. I was really never too active on these forums.

If it puts your mind at ease, our site is completely open source (https://github.com/eqdata) and we're not asking anything from our loggers besides the log information they send us. We'd do it ourselves, but neither of our connections are super reliable and we built our service such that it can accommodate and reconcile multiple loggers.

We do have a link for donations, but that's just to cover server costs. No one's obligated to do anything.All I'm saying is before you hand over your credit card info do your due diligence first!

mickmoranis
04-05-2017, 11:23 PM
All I'm saying is before you hand over your credit card info do your due diligence first!

mods plz ban this person that uses his CC for in game things.

shuklak
04-06-2017, 02:19 AM
mods plz ban this person that uses his CC for in game things.

Whoa whoa whoa don't make the mistake that I use my credit card.

Caiu
04-06-2017, 09:50 AM
I got done with setup this morning. Should have a lot better coverage till I get bored of phinny. Cheers :)

Swish
04-06-2017, 03:57 PM
+1 OP, 10/10 for subtlety <3

http://i.imgur.com/L0Bmmr3.png

Tupakk
04-06-2017, 04:44 PM
Bump, I am loving the avg med all time in the item box. Well done :)

Aluin
04-06-2017, 05:04 PM
Bump, I am loving the avg med all time in the item box. Well done :)

Glad you like it! We still have a few things on our todo list that should be pretty useful as well. Also, everyone please keep in mind that P99Tunnel is still very much in beta so you will probably find a few bugs or inaccuracies due to how we parse the auctions. I'll try to get a bug report feature up soon.

I got done with setup this morning. Should have a lot better coverage till I get bored of phinny. Cheers :)

Thanks! Now if we could only get a couple of people to log for red.

+1 OP, 10/10 for subtlety <3

;)

NachtMystium
04-06-2017, 05:29 PM
All I'm saying is before you hand over your credit card info do your due diligence first!

you sound like you look exactly like your forum avatar. i can't imagine how insufferable you must be irl.

sfc
04-06-2017, 06:09 PM
This is awesome. Thank you!

Triiz
04-07-2017, 04:04 PM
Great work guys. Really glad to see a p99auctions-like site back up. Despite what the resellers say, this is a huge help to those of us that can't sit in the tunnel 12 hours a day. The fat cat's trying to raise the price of fungi's 15k in the last few weeks will not be happy.

A few questions. Will there be a "raw auction" function, like p99auc's had? I often found the "raw auction" data on p99auctions to be extremely useful.

A second question. I notice Coldain Skin Gloves have an "average price" of 6.5k for the week, in reality they are about 2.5k on average atm. It appears this is due to the logger picking up 2.5k as 25k on two different occasions. Will there be a system to block auctions that are extremely far out of the average price range to prevent manipulation and mistakes like 2.5k being read as 25k?

Again, great work. I'll be sure to give the link to everyone I know.

Lhancelot
04-07-2017, 04:11 PM
A second question. I notice Coldain Skin Gloves have an "average price" of 6.5k for the week, in reality they are about 2.5k on average atm.

Says who? I trust P99tunnel more than you. If P99tunnel says Coldain Skin Gloves are worth 6.5k, then so they are.

Triiz
04-07-2017, 04:14 PM
Says who? I trust P99tunnel more than you. If P99tunnel says Coldain Skin Gloves are worth 6.5k, then so they are.

Then you may be interested in the Coldain Skin gloves I'm selling for the low low price of 6k. 500 plat less than p99tunnel average! PST

Pokesan
04-07-2017, 04:20 PM
chat tends to drop the final character at times, need everyone to start using 'pp' on the ends

Swish
04-07-2017, 10:27 PM
...and so begins another chapter of manipulating auction site averages to dupe players into paying more to the fat cats.