PDA

View Full Version : duo questions

Felicity
04-05-2017, 01:43 AM
hi my name is felicity and me and my wife both want to play this game together we both want to play dps classes she wants to play a ranger now i have been told to play a paladin because someone has to tank im not sure what to play along side of her but we both prefer melee dps. what would go good together.

Caiu
04-05-2017, 04:47 PM
Shaman Ranger. Slow will allow the ranger to tank well and as a shaman you can melee mobs till the 40's.

bum3
04-05-2017, 05:31 PM
Shaman with poison wind censer does pretty good meleeing. Could also do monk. Bind wound healing is slow but better than no healing.

onics187666
04-05-2017, 06:15 PM
Dont forget to pick a troll shaman

Darkatar
04-06-2017, 02:50 AM
Dont forget to pick a troll shaman

I'm normally the guy that says ogre all the way with shaman, but if you're planning on consistently having a second person (or more) then troll is probably the best option. (Ogre is the solo king imho though)

A ranger can tank absolutely fine with a shaman (slows). Ranger buffs stack with shaman buffs, Rangers are gonna need some haste buff from the shaman until/unless they can get their 50% hastecloak (at which point you have 1 less buff to maintain on your teammate)

In a pinch, downtime, or plain full mana, the ranger can give you heals to fuel canni (until you obtain torpor someday).

I'd definitely recommend sham/ranger over paladin/ranger. Your melee needs haste. Your kills need slowed.

Edit: Also, ranger tracking is OP. There's lots of plat farm options that open up with tracking + slows.

Darkatar
04-06-2017, 04:49 AM
play a wizard/ranger

once your wizard can get staff of temperate flux, they can have 100% aggro no matter what. ranger snares, wizard spams flux staff on a hotkey, ranger walks behind the mob and kills it. unlimited kills with zero downtime. only limiting factor is the dps from the rangers weapons

That stops being viable in your 50s when things start summoning. Then that combo kind of breaks. At which point you're gonna wish you had slows/haste/healing

Swish
04-06-2017, 05:37 AM
I'm just going to suggest monk/shaman... because it really is the best duo out there that involves melee dps <3

Neetas1320
04-06-2017, 08:57 AM
yea for sure a monk/sham. They are so powerful together. with a monk pulling and a shamans slow/heals/buffs the things you can do together are limitless.

Darkatar
04-06-2017, 09:28 AM
Monk/Sham is super OP for sure, can negate lots of the first-character-monk money/weight issues having a trustworthy non-monk to hold the loot, I had assumed feli's wife was set on ranger and feli was trying to adjust class to match.

eqravenprince
04-07-2017, 03:13 PM
I would go with Ranger/Cleric - starting at level 9 can fear kite, but can still tank if necessary on occasion with Cleric heals. If you want an odd combo, play Ranger/Wizard, the two least played classes, would be super safe kiting.