PDA

View Full Version : 100% new to EQ: Human monk

Rekloose
04-03-2017, 09:53 AM
Greetings fellow pixel adventurers!

My name is Rekloose and I am brand new to EQ, starting off with a human monk named.. well, Rekloose.

I've always wanted to play EQ but never gave it a shot. I tried out live until about level 5 or but then a friend told me about this classic experience. I enjoy a good challenge and a grandly chill adventure so I did some research and here I am!

Wow, let me tell you. When I first logged in.. boy was I lost. I began my journey in Freeport and the first thing I saw were about 15 corpses that I assume were killed by auto attacking a guard on accident. Thankfully, live taught me not to auto attack a guard so I was good on that front.

First things first I walked around the town for about an hour being lost as hell, hailing everyone like some sort of simpleton. Eventually I got it through my thick skull to open my inventory and read the note that told me to find my guildmaster, so I talked to him and after that.. I needed to start punching stuff!

I got super lost in some watery tunnels, found some shady guy with a sword behind the paladin temple, and then made my way to the gate by the big beautiful ogre for my first trip to the outside world. It was there I would meet my first death, beaten to death by a bat as I tried to hadouken him with my monk skills. Unfortunately I missed so much the bat regen'd to full somehow and t-bagged me.

All and all it has been fun so far. I've collected a ton of bone chips and I'm almost level 3. Just wanted to stop in and share and say I'm having a blast.

Of course, I have no clue what I'm doing or where to go.. I'll just keep killing stuff and see what happens.

-Rekloose

Kytross
04-04-2017, 09:39 PM
Nice post! Glad to have you here!

whippetofspades
04-04-2017, 10:21 PM
Welcome! Sounds like you're having a great time exploring the world (and dying a lot, which is part and parcel).

Definitely check these links out if you haven't already, although you might know some of it from live. Still, there are some pretty significant differences. http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Newbie and http://wiki.project1999.com/Jval2529%27s_Guide_for_People_Coming_from_Modern_M MOs

If you haven't found the wiki yet, check it out. It will become your bible.

Good luck!

Mirakk82
04-04-2017, 11:10 PM
Haha, just wait till you get kicked to death by a snake. Then you really understand that the game is not trying to be your friend. :D

EQBallzz
04-04-2017, 11:18 PM
10/10. Good read. Would read again. Use the wiki to help with getting questions answered but don't be afraid to use /ooc channel in game to ask stupid noob questions. Most are very helpful. The sense of character progression and power in EQ is great so the game just gets better as you unlock more of your abilities and find gear to tackler harder things. Have fun and don't forget to group up with others..that is where the game really shines...even if it's just a duo. Shaman/monk is a great duo.

Rekloose
04-07-2017, 09:31 AM
Thanks all, having a blast so far! Super slow leveler though.. still only level 4. Couldn't tell you how many times I've died.. ha ha ha

Maliant
04-07-2017, 01:25 PM
Re-roll an iksar, they level even slower but they have lots of innate bonuses, mainly regen that will be beneficial to you!

Aesop
04-07-2017, 02:45 PM
Re-roll an iksar, they level even slower but they have lots of innate bonuses, mainly regen that will be beneficial to you!

Iksar is the superior monk for many reasons, however if you really like the human just stick with it.

Izmael
04-07-2017, 03:46 PM
Keep us posted with your progress, A+ thread, brings back lots of memories to many of us.