PDA

View Full Version : Why are GMs so soft these days??

EQsale
04-03-2017, 07:24 AM
I recall years ago that if one guild acquired so many bans/suspensions that rogean would force that guild too disband and or the suspensions would double each time actually meaning something

Wtf is with these limp 10 day bans??

Cwall 146.0
04-03-2017, 07:27 AM
well on the red server we have GMs suspending people for things they didn't even do and then refusing to overturn it when provided with proof

pick your poison

Ashintar
04-03-2017, 08:31 AM
Which guilds were forced to disband?

Transylvania
04-03-2017, 10:13 AM
Just wipe the damn thing.

rollin5k
04-03-2017, 10:23 AM
Let's all join hands for the circle of nerd tears

Loke
04-03-2017, 10:40 AM
I recall years ago that if one guild acquired so many bans/suspensions that rogean would force that guild too disband and or the suspensions would double each time actually meaning something

You recall incorrectly then, because I can't think of a single guild in the history of p99 that was forced to disband. There might be one I'm forgetting, but forcing guilds who cause problems to disband has never been common practice.

Also, there was never a rule regarding punishment severity. Punishments have always been at the whim of the GMs. They have on occasion made punishments more severe for repeated offenses, but there was never a hard and fast rule governing it.

Sorry this server doesn't measure up the the fantasy you've seemed to have created, but p99 has never operated in the manner you described.

Zemus
04-03-2017, 10:55 AM
They just handed out a 10 day for training LTK. In the past they have simply made the offending party rez those people who got trained, and not FTE anything until they are back up.

Not privy to the specifics of the situation, it seems to me that this is quite the escalation.

kotton05
04-03-2017, 11:28 AM
It used to be just single player suspensions for training. Could of easily just banned phatez but they applied it as a guild type status this time. There is more to it i bet.

No guild was forced to disband afaik. Zeelot did disband tmo after froovy gate I think, which iirc was closest we got so far?

Spyder73
04-03-2017, 12:10 PM
We are like 90 days into the year 2017 and Aftermath has been banned for a good 30 of those, seems like GMs are going hard in the paint if you ask me.

Maner
04-03-2017, 02:26 PM
We are like 90 days into the year 2017 and Aftermath has been banned for a good 30 of those, seems like GMs are going hard in the paint if you ask me.

And awakened has been suspended for 47 days? Seems like the GMs are getting a little biased.

Pokesan
04-03-2017, 04:05 PM
And awakened has been suspended for 47 days? Seems like the GMs are getting a little based.

Whirled
04-03-2017, 04:07 PM
I guess they just dont make cars like they used to. GM, Chevy, etc..

Bones
04-03-2017, 04:16 PM
inb4 deleted

Sadre Spinegnawer
04-04-2017, 01:55 AM
Basically, p99 players are disadvantaged kids just trying to get a second chance at life. The raid scene is Jerry Sandusky. The gm's are Joe Paterno who sometimes tells Jerry to cut it out, but they never actually change the game, and so shit keeps happening. And then it all blows up and the gm's are like, well, no one was forcing you to hang around with Sandusky, so tough bananas.

Swish
04-04-2017, 02:36 AM
You never hear about Omni/Rustle getting suspended tho...what are they doing that A/A aren't?

Troxx
04-04-2017, 06:02 AM
You never hear about Omni/Rustle getting suspended tho...what are they doing that A/A aren't?

The question is what are Omni/Rustle not doing? Clearly by not operating like A/A they don't get in trouble.

There is an established track record of Sirken and Rog being quite irritated by the behavior of the cutthroat raiding establishment, whatever guild(s) are occupying the niche at any moment in time. They want to see a healthier game at the end but the rabid competition for end game content has always driven the hardcore to play this game in a manner that effectively locks out the rest of the server. It's like a bunch of stingy toddlers hitting each other and throwing rocks at each other in the community daycare sandbox (Rog's box) when the rules are simply that people should behave like adults, not large man-children.

If A/A approached raiding in a more sane manner, they wouldn't have found themselves suspended for 33-50% of the potential raid days. The harder they compete the fewer pixels they get.

Dolalin
04-04-2017, 06:16 AM
If A/A approached raiding in a more sane manner, they wouldn't have found themselves suspended for 33-50% of the potential raid days. The harder they compete the fewer pixels they get.

You can't expect guilds based around a 24/7 raid availability and racing to ever behave like adults. The entire premise draws people with mental illness. It's not an environment that encourages people to play the game healthily. These sorts of guilds will attract the socially maladjusted now and in the future. They historically always have.

They also operate with a locker room mentality that glorifies childishness.

Detoxx
04-04-2017, 06:22 AM

They are doing nothing. Nothing to petition, no supensions. If A/A didn't compete on mobs we wouldn't get suspended either.

Dolalin
04-04-2017, 06:43 AM
They are doing nothing. Nothing to petition, no supensions. If A/A didn't compete on mobs we wouldn't get suspended either.

The whole idea of "competing" needs to be deconstructed. It's really just griefing other players by denying them dragons to kill.

That there's some value in that sort of "competition" is an impressive delusion. Not sure why the staff here enables it.

Then again it is classic.

kotton05
04-04-2017, 08:21 AM

Nothing? Maybe Omni... get the fuck outta here. What we do diff is pick and choose our battles. You guys on the other hand fucking train us on sontalak and try to vulture it like we are awakened. Holy shit pull your head out your ass unless you want that fraps to go up too.

Spyder73
04-04-2017, 08:36 AM
The problem is with the nature of EQ/P99. The simplest solution to keep people from being crazy is to only allow raid creatures to die at a sane time, something like "Raid mobs may only be killed between 8est - 12est". This eliminates pretty much every issue people have with raiding (the employed at least). The problem is now you have 700 players in ToV contesting raid mobs because every slap d!ck guild on the server wants in on the pixels. Every fight becomes a desync sh!t fest and its fun for no one.

There are no winners in Elf sim – remember these words and hold them close.

fadetree
04-04-2017, 08:39 AM
The problem is the nature of people.

Bones
04-04-2017, 09:00 AM

I guess awakened petitioned aftermath for training CSG for your current suspension then :rolleyes:

You can't expect guilds based around a 24/7 raid availability and racing to ever behave like adults. The entire premise draws people with mental illness. It's not an environment that encourages people to play the game healthily. These sorts of guilds will attract the socially maladjusted now and in the future. They historically always have.

They also operate with a locker room mentality that glorifies childishness.
http://i.imgur.com/A3I57Wo.gif

kotton05
04-04-2017, 10:35 AM
The hills have eyes. No telling who's pming sirken juicy fraps.

Caiu
04-04-2017, 10:39 AM
Nothing? Maybe Omni... get the fuck outta here. What we do diff is pick and choose our battles. You guys on the other hand fucking train us on sontalak and try to vulture it like we are awakened. Holy shit pull your head out your ass unless you want that fraps to go up too.

Do it. Their warm bodies aren't brainwashed like AW and would consider jumping ship if multiple suspensions were eaten.

Victorio
04-05-2017, 12:45 AM
The question is what are Omni/Rustle not doing? Clearly by not operating like A/A they don't get in trouble.

There is an established track record of Sirken and Rog being quite irritated by the behavior of the cutthroat raiding establishment, whatever guild(s) are occupying the niche at any moment in time. They want to see a healthier game at the end but the rabid competition for end game content has always driven the hardcore to play this game in a manner that effectively locks out the rest of the server. It's like a bunch of stingy toddlers hitting each other and throwing rocks at each other in the community daycare sandbox (Rog's box) when the rules are simply that people should behave like adults, not large man-children.

If the development staff actually didn't want the hardcore players around, they wouldn't be choking off loot just to retain those players longer, and they'd have enforced a rotation long ago. They'd also do more weekend repops rather than the 4am weekday ones.

From the available evidence I'd say they like a player base that's positively ravenous.

Nuggie
04-05-2017, 01:54 AM
The simplest solution to keep people from being crazy is to only allow raid creatures to die at a sane time, something like "Raid mobs may only be killed between 8est - 12est".

This would completely deny raid content to europe and asia. Thereby forcing them to play during less sane hours. 4am est works pretty well for europa(noon) and asia(7pm). 4am sounds pretty good for them.

Swish
04-05-2017, 03:37 AM
http://i.imgur.com/qTid8pq.jpg

Lhancelot
04-05-2017, 04:21 AM
The whole idea of "competing" needs to be deconstructed. It's really just griefing other players by denying them dragons to kill.

That there's some value in that sort of "competition" is an impressive delusion. Not sure why the staff here enables it.

Well said. Everything you wrote is exactly my sentiment on the raid scene here and the players involved. As soon as a raider uses the word "compete" or any variation of the word I can't help but roll my eyes.

Whirled
04-05-2017, 07:09 AM
The problem is the nature of people.
the nature of some of the raiders on P99.

Basically, p99 players are disadvantaged kids just trying to get a second chance at life. The raid scene is Jerry Sandusky. The gm's are Joe Paterno who sometimes tells Jerry to cut it out, but they never actually change the game, and so shit keeps happening. And then it all blows up and the gm's are like, well, no one was forcing you to hang around with Sandusky, so tough bananas.
Funny, and yet, sadly true about the top raid scene.

Picture if you will, the neckbeariest of them all, driving their spouse (or blow up doll?) to the mall during the holidays. They bring snacks in the car to poopsock the best parking spot. Once they FTE this spot; they scream at the other drivers that they are cucks and should try harder. After exiting the car and disposing of all the pee jugs and cheetos wrappers, they once again manage to gain FTE @ the door, while holding it for no one else. Slinging insults at each store attendant and shop keepers due to the mad house rush for their holiday gains. Instead of "Merry Christmas my beloved family" it is, "HURRY UP AND GET IN THE CAR YOU WORTHLESS MAGGOTS! I've got pixels to deprive those casuals!"

Ravager
04-05-2017, 08:18 AM

http://lesswrong.com/lw/nu/taboo_your_words/

But it won't help. The few that (for some idiotic reason) get to force the many to play by their rules or not at all, have already drawn the conclusions they want. They won't look at any arguments against (no matter how good they are) and will continue to twist their own arguments for (no matter how stupid they are).

fadetree
04-05-2017, 09:00 AM
The whole idea of "competing" needs to be deconstructed.

Your concept of competition is what needs to be deconstructed. Namely, there's nothing wrong with competition in general but you don't like *this* particular kind of competition.

So, curious - what kind of competition would be OK here? What kind would not simply be 'griefing' other players? Or do you advocate no player on player competition and just PvE?

Ravager
04-05-2017, 09:15 AM
Your concept of competition is what needs to be deconstructed. Namely, there's nothing wrong with competition in general but you don't like *this* particular kind of competition.

So, curious - what kind of competition would be OK here? What kind would not simply be 'griefing' other players? Or do you advocate no player on player competition and just PvE?

8 teams want to play soccer on one field. 2 of 8 play on that field night and day, sometimes against each other, sometimes with each other, generally with each other when one of the other 6 teams decides they will try to play. All the while, the 2 ignore the rules of the game, they pick up and carry the ball, they knock other players down, they might even go so far as park a truck in front of their own goal. All goals the first 2 teams score counts as points against the other 6 teams. When the 6 teams remark about how they can't even play the game, let alone "win", the 2 chastise them for not "competing" at their level.

What kind of "competition" do you advocate?

Oh, and the ref says, "ref yourselves".

kotton05
04-05-2017, 09:18 AM

It's always have and have nots. I think the general consensus is to forgo trying to get every pixel norrath has to offer on a mob or two each week and rotate those around etc. I don't think anyone wants full rotations. But something similiar to what happened during awakeneds 2nd suspension.

You can never make everyone happy. It's all about a solid fair middle ground. I mean giving trak and vp rots are gone. That could be a good start something small but in the end really not gonna hurt the mouthbreathers in tov. Shrug idk. Lots of personalities and egos come into play so organizing anything of the sorts will take miracle.

Dolalin
04-05-2017, 09:20 AM
Guilding as many long-term unemployed people as possible in order to engage targets at all hours isn't "competing" at anything except the special olympics.

Ravager
04-05-2017, 09:23 AM
It's always have and have nots. I think the general consensus is to forgo trying to get every pixel norrath has to offer on a mob or two each week and rotate those around etc. I don't think anyone wants full rotations. But something similiar to what happened during awakeneds 2nd suspension.

You can never make everyone happy. It's all about a solid fair middle ground. I mean giving trak and vp rots are gone. That could be a good start something small but in the end really not gonna hurt the mouthbreathers in tov. Shrug idk. Lots of personalities and egos come into play so organizing anything of the sorts will take miracle.
The answer is instances or another server with it's own play rules, which is essentially an instance and very classic.

We would have seen the levels of retardation we have here on classic live if they only had one server for raiding.

Joyelle
04-05-2017, 09:28 AM
8 teams want to play soccer on one field. 2 of 8 play on that field night and day, sometimes against each other, sometimes with each other, generally with each other when one of the other 6 teams decides they will try to play. All the while, the 2 ignore the rules of the game, they pick up and carry the ball, they knock other players down, they might even go so far as park a truck in front of their own goal. All goals the first 2 teams score counts as points against the other 6 teams. When the 6 teams remark about how they can't even play the game, let alone "win", the 2 chastise them for not "competing" at their level.

Find another soccer field.

kotton05
04-05-2017, 09:29 AM
The answer is instances or another server with it's own play rules, which is essentially an instance and very classic.

We would have seen the levels of retardation we have here on classic live if they only had one server for raiding.

True that.

Sirken already said don't let the door hit you on the way out. I don't care how the chips fall but it's just silly that this pixel mouthbreathing horde is still here Taunting people over kunark dragons when awakened you've wiped to more in the last month than we have all year with more than double our numbers (our 1 wipe to your 3 wipes LOL).

It's just the Zerg mentality that's native to non instanced EQ even as I poke at awakened i know it's just Years of butt hurt coming to fruition due to TMO.

Ravager
04-05-2017, 09:31 AM
Find another soccer field.

Point me to a classic soccer field where the players aren't able to play with robots or kill other players.

Joyelle
04-05-2017, 09:33 AM
Point me to a classic soccer field where the players aren't able to play with robots or kill other players.

Oh man that probably would be the only way i'd be interested in watching soccer.

kotton05
04-05-2017, 09:40 AM
I'd prefer us to settle guild disputes in twisted metal tournaments tbh

fadetree
04-05-2017, 11:45 AM

I don't advocate, I just wanted to understand what you meant. Your point is that competition can only exist within a given set of rules, and if one 'team' habitually breaks the rules then it's not really competition any more, it's just cheating.
I agree with you in principle, but I don't know how that gets expressed in EQ unless its PvP and/or a vigilant, rules oriented group of GMs that enforce a rule set.

Instancing 'solves' the problem by removing the competition, and brings it's own problems, but I don't know that some kind of controlled or limited instancing is such a terrible idea.

Lhancelot
04-06-2017, 07:29 AM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2459074&postcount=280

Maybe go to TaKP with Nemce if you want to raid whenever it works best for you. What you want is to go to the soccer field and play by different rules than that are used on that field.

You know what is sad though... This raid scene on p99 could function in a fashion where it would be fun for all if people were willing to negotiate and not be so selfish.

On RZ the players coordinated and communicated via alliances. They even set up political wars, and pacts or truces.

I hated it then, because honestly I felt like PVP was about killing the other players.

These truces made open PVPing a kind of crime, and players like myself and others were essentially blackballed from the server forcing us to join small "PVP" guilds which ended up unable to raid while the larger active raid guilds called themselves "Anti," as in Anti-PVP. Yes, the PVP server was ruled by a majority that called themselves anti-pvpers.

Anyway, my point is, thousands of players were able to negotiate and coordinate raids and even manage aggression that could be unleashed on one another via PVP.

How is it possible that on a blue server, on p99 the playerbase here fails at simple diplomacy, diplomacy that was even used quite effectively years ago on Live under much harsher conditions?

You'd think back then on a PVP server diplomacy would have been even harder yet, it flourished and raid guilds were able to manage the raid scene quite well.

Salelor
04-06-2017, 07:49 AM
On RZ the players coordinated and communicated via alliances. They even set up political wars, and pacts of truces.

How is it possible that on a blue server, on p99 the playerbase here fails at simple diplomacy, diplomacy that was even used quite effectively years ago on Live under much harsher conditions?

Back then each update, each patch and each expansion offered something NEW... Players had to imagine what it was going to be like to play a moon-cat, or a berserker, and Vulak's strat wasn't readily available on the net.

It fostered a team-work type atmosphere and given how encompassing EverQuest was back in its prime, people tended to take their in-game actions a bit more seriously. (Adults acting like adults???)

On progression locked servers you have a couple dozen d-bags with aspergers and a "I'MA DO WUT I WANT!!!11!....IF YOU DONT LIKE IT LEAVE"

There is no reason to play nice, outside the play nice policy.

Nothing is new or will be new again on this progression locked server. You get Velious, You knew that when you signed up.

Whirled
04-06-2017, 08:15 AM
B
There is no reason to play nice, outside the play nice policy.

http://www.distractify.com/geek/2016/01/16/mariam-science-explains-why-youre-a-jerk
http://www.higherperspectives.com/assholes-1565133416.html

Some people just never learned to play nice. Mandatory military training; like other countries already do, would snap a few thorny twigs in their asses to be more neighborly, imo. Some people even make a life style on "getting one over on others."

It's more about the latest gadget, bragging item#9912, or any other over-consumption piece of flare of the hour, for some. It should be about caring for that elderly neighbor, 2 houses down, who has no family to look after her/him. Picking up that newspaper that landed in the rain and placing it in a safe spot for the subscriber. Holding a door for that handicapped person. Smiling and conversing with all your neighbors to get to know them; instead of secretly loathing (or avoiding) them without knowing who they are.

Instead, you have what the 21st century has brought us. Self absorbed, google wielding, know-it-alls, that will take any troll worthy issue (like someones grammar mistakes) then the actual idea of what they speak of.

Leave the PvP on the PvP servers. PvE should be about competing against the game itself & not another player fashioned game within the game of Everquest.

aaezil
04-06-2017, 08:50 AM
"8 teams want to play soccer on one field. 2 of 8 play on that field night and day, sometimes against each other, sometimes with each other, generally with each other when one of the other 6 teams decides they will try to play. All the while, the 2 ignore the rules of the game, they pick up and carry the ball, they knock other players down, they might even go so far as park a truck in front of their own goal. All goals the first 2 teams score counts as points against the other 6 teams. When the 6 teams remark about how they can't even play the game, let alone "win", the 2 chastise them for not "competing" at their level.

Easy solution to that - permaban the two downs syndrome autistic teams...

Ravager
04-06-2017, 10:24 AM
Oh man that probably would be the only way i'd be interested in watching soccer.
It does sound pretty cool now that you pointed it out.

Erati
04-06-2017, 10:28 AM
tell me again what rules are being broken during the soccer game?

Can anyone translate what 'parking a truck in front of the goal' in terms of EQ mechanics is...?

Seems like a bunch of nonsensical complaining, as far as I am aware anyone playing on the soccer field follows the commissioners rules because typically the games are always being watched.

Dreenk317
04-08-2017, 11:45 AM

Their is competing, and then their is breaking the rules. Competing does not get you Raid banned. Just saying.

Ravager
04-08-2017, 12:17 PM
You know what is sad though... This raid scene on p99 could function in a fashion where it would be fun for all if people were willing to negotiate and not be so selfish.
This has been tried for years and years. The vast majority of players want to share nicely as there are many historic examples of it. It always comes down to 1 or 2 parties that say, "We're happy to work with you guys on this, but you have to do things the way we want" which always happens to be exactly as things have been going anyway, so there's no negotiating at all.

The answer is another sandbox, one for those who want to share, one for those who don't. It'll be fun to watch the one where people don't share get reduced to a 1 guild server and have a population 1/10 the size of the "welfare pixel" server.

Ravager
04-08-2017, 12:19 PM
tell me again what rules are being broken during the soccer game?

Can anyone translate what 'parking a truck in front of the goal' in terms of EQ mechanics is...?

Seems like a bunch of nonsensical complaining, as far as I am aware anyone playing on the soccer field follows the commissioners rules because typically the games are always being watched.
I'm sorry analogies confuse you.

Alanus
04-10-2017, 12:40 PM

It's definitely classic. Although it's worse on here because even on live people weren't poopsocking individual NToV dragons (except Vulak) because they usually cleared yardtrash and usually stuff like Lendi was up.

Dreenk317
04-10-2017, 12:43 PM
It's definitely classic. Although it's worse on here because even on live people weren't poopsocking individual NToV dragons (except Vulak) because they usually cleared yardtrash and usually stuff like Lendi was up.

Live also experienced new content, which kept the guilds progressing through, leaving older content for people that hadn't progressed yet.

This won't happen here, making this servers Raid experience very much not classic.

TimTheToolmanTaylor
04-10-2017, 04:27 PM

OP is still heated that he lost his green scale to Wulli and left AM / got shown the door. then app'd to awakened and got shown the door there too. Maybe one day you'll cooldown bra.

bclements87
04-11-2017, 04:46 PM
Hey their has been perma bans lately. Soft hell if they are soft ANYTHING BUT. What would be the point in making a whole guild disband. So the same people make another guild? OR with that point lets say they do make AW and AM disband. Would you really like to see AM and AW merger into one guild called *whatever name. Their would really be no spawns left for the casuals to kill. All the top guilds in Kunark merged into what is known as AM and AW and with two guilds being in control their is less content to go around vs when their was 10 hardcore guilds fighting over everything the guilds not knowing what the others where doing had each other running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Know back when a casual guild could get a kill in because the hardcore raiders where worried about each other. The problem is their is only two hardcore guilds. If everyone is so worried SOMEONE start a hardcore guild to throw in a curve ball.

Joyelle
04-11-2017, 05:04 PM
Their is there and there is their, capisce?

Maner
04-11-2017, 05:12 PM
Their is competing, and then their is breaking the rules. Competing does not get you Raid banned. Just saying.

Accidentally training a group of people who are still forming and not even looking to pull a mob into camp is a suspension, not sure how it's cheating though. Cheating would require you benifiting from your actions in some way. With the 1 hour FTE there is no reason to train another entity on purpose but accidents are still punishable.

Bubbles
04-11-2017, 06:56 PM
+1 on Ned's sentiments.

It's literally an 8 year social experiment in understanding why all mmorpgs to follow went directly to instancing and avoiding any form of the scarcity model.

Lhancelot
04-11-2017, 07:49 PM
+1 on Ned's sentiments.

It's literally an 8 year social experiment in understanding why all mmorpgs to follow went directly to instancing and avoiding any form of the scarcity model.

Even so, newer MMOs are equally addictive.

Just because the games are running instances, or have other systems of loot doesn't diminish the fact your dopamine receptors get flushed by pixel rewards.

Every MMO after EQ1 I played has had addictive qualities to them. If they didn't, they would not be as successful as they are.

Anyone that logs into SWTOR, EQ2, EQ1 Live, or any other active MMO who says they are not addicted are in denial.

I aint judging people who play these types of games, as I play them myself.

I am just saying no MMO gamer should feel self-righteous because they no longer play p99, or EQ1, or any other MMO because in all honesty they are no better (or worse.)

We just people doing what people do.

Sancta
04-11-2017, 09:41 PM
Their is competing, and then their is breaking the rules.

Hey their has been perma bans lately.

Their would really be no spawns left for the casuals to kill.

The problem is their is only two hardcore guilds.

http://www.grammar.cl/english/there-their-they-are.htm

Sadre Spinegnawer
04-11-2017, 10:28 PM

You can't go by that kind of measure. Most members of all these guilds are spoofed accounts that are run out of Seoul internet cafes, where I am currently stationed, and when one guild gets banned, the cafe just switches its boxes to another account/guild, and carry on. On any given day I have to check which guild/char I am logging in to, but that is SOP here.

On the central downtown block I am currently on, there are 4 internet cafes dedicated to various internet games -- you pay by the hour, and you earn login time by winning shit in game -- ranging from WoW to Hexen 2.

This is basically the only game in town, so to speak, when your base does not have wifi. It's basically, "What cafe has what?" and we log on, lots of us just to play enough to earn enough login time to skype with our families back home.

Cheers
Sadre

Sancta
04-12-2017, 04:17 PM
you pay by the hour, and you earn login time by winning shit in game

Hand over your Staff of Elemental Mastery:Earth to the employees for 10 hours free internet game time at the Everquest Cafe

Fryhole
04-14-2017, 11:51 AM
Wipe it clean twenty-seventeen.

Cylock
04-15-2017, 01:37 AM
Are we soft?

I guess I need to harden up some.

Thanks for the suggestion!

fan D
04-15-2017, 01:51 AM
o god

Phenyo