PDA

View Full Version : New\help

robgs1990
04-01-2017, 11:52 PM
New to eq for the most part. Druid, lvl 6. In game name elogenis. Tried to go to knoll cave atnd get group. Nope. Died. Went back down to lvl 5. Went get my corpse. Died again and lost more exp (my fault). Back to 6 looking for advice or even a group. Thanks guys

robgs1990
04-02-2017, 07:28 PM
Sorry everyone for two topics I didn't see the message that the post must be approved the first time and figured there must've been an error so I reposted. Stupid... I know lol

Muggens
04-03-2017, 09:54 AM
Hey welcome to P99. Exp in Q Hills area is good, then move into Blackburrow. Theres a door leading down to more gnolls if you go right after entrance, just be careful with trains. Collect the gnoll fangs and turn em in to Captain Tillin standing overlooking the arena in South Qeynos. Good luck!

EQBallzz
04-03-2017, 10:32 AM
If you are new to EQ the game can be quite overwhelming starting out. Stick with it and it gets somewhat easier as you level and gain more strength and game knowledge. Sorry I don't have many tips for that starting area.

Cult
04-03-2017, 11:04 AM
Blackburrow is a great zone for your level, but if you're starting entirely from scratch it can be a little rough. Some tips you may already have figured out:

The tunnels leading into BB from Qeynos Hills and Everfrost both have gnoll guards that are easier than the gnolls inside Blackburrow, and still have a chance to drop gnoll fangs (turn the fangs into Captain Tillin in South Qeynos for awesome xp), if you're having trouble staying alive inside you can beat up on the easier outer gnolls for a level or 2 before moving in

Qhills also has rabid wolves and grizzlies, these always drop diseased pelts you can turn into Priestess Caulria at the Temple of Life in North Qeynos for great xp and some okay plat. At 6 the grizzlies are probably too tough but the wolves should be pretty easy.

You can summon your corpse to you by targeting yourself and typing /corpse, it only works if you're close enough but the cool thing is that it ignores vertical distance; in a multi-floor zone like Blackburrow this means that if you die deep down you may be able to summon your own corpse from the relative safety of the top floor.

Lastly, I THINK Blackburrow counts as an outdoor zone, meaning you might be able to prevent some trains by casting Harmony on groups of mobs before pulling.

Good luck and welcome to EQ :p

Mirakk82
04-03-2017, 01:23 PM
Hey! This is Quinlinn, the Halfling Druid that saved you from that nasty bear.

Another suggestion I might make due to the comparatively low number of people in that area is to get yourself a TP to Butcherblock to go hit up the Orc Hill outside of Kelethin. If you go this route, maybe explain you're a new player and would need a guide. If I'm around I might be able to scrounge up a port from another guild member, and I'd be happy to help you get there and settled.

Or you can get a TP to WC so you can level in East Commonlands. There's a ton of players at the tunnel there to buff you while you hunt there a bit until you're strong enough for the Orc Camps and many are willing to give pity pixels to newbies as well. You're near a major trading hub there, and the city of Freeport is closeby. As a human (If I remember right), you'll have no faction issues as long as you avoid going into Nektulos Forest.

I'm going to add you in game, so I can help out if I can. As a brand new player with nothing to lose, maybe consider becoming an Auld-timer. You can find out more about our unique guild here

http://auldlangsyne.gamerlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11342575&gid=529720

I'll talk to you soon!

robgs1990
04-03-2017, 10:00 PM
Thanks guys!!! This is very appreciated. And Quinlinn I remember hehe. I actually think that going to where you suggested is what I wanna do. Also, I just added you. Anyone else that wants to add me is welcome as I am looking for players to have fun with.

titanshub
04-04-2017, 02:59 AM
Welcome to classic EQ! Yes it can be tough, especially starting out. Typically I would suggest for an entirely new player starting in Greater Faydark or near East Commonlands would be the best (for those without scales and tails). I think <dial a port> the guild is pretty friendly about helping newbies port from place to place but you might want to let them know that you probably don't have much to tip beforehand because they are often busy.

Alternatively, if you can catch me on Spacepope I'd be happy to give you a ride wherever free of charge. :)

raengrey
04-04-2017, 06:18 AM
Hey welcome to P99. Exp in Q Hills area is good, then move into Blackburrow. Theres a door leading down to more gnolls if you go right after entrance, just be careful with trains. Collect the gnoll fangs and turn em in to Captain Tillin standing overlooking the arena in South Qeynos. Good luck!

The bolded part is critical. At level 5 or 6 it won't take very many gnoll fangs to level you. The gnolls standing outside BB are the easiest.

Cen
04-05-2017, 09:51 AM
Oh I saw you at the tunnel! Gave you the split paw tunic. Your level 8 at least now which is awesome with meditate. 9 is a great level too, hope its going well

robgs1990
04-10-2017, 02:40 PM
About to hit lvl 13. Been hunting around the commonlands

Cen
04-10-2017, 05:45 PM
your doing good man! almost time for spirit of wolf, you'll have to head to rivervale for spells though :D