PDA

View Full Version : Shaman vs Enchanter endgame toolsets

dangermule
03-31-2017, 05:36 PM
Seeing how expensive tears and torpor are these day... its not something i want to farm pp for or group for a chance at a drop

Is a 60 shaman with fungi/jbb no epic/torpor as powerful as an enchanter solo?

I want to play a powerful end-game solo class and wondering if I should just twink out an enchanter instead... I like both classes.

Thanks all.

Izmael
03-31-2017, 05:41 PM
Depends on targets, in WW or PoM for instance, shaman > enc, in some other zones enc > shaman.

Enc relatively cheap to twink though so just give it a go (total cost probably 15k or less including invis ring).

Samoht
03-31-2017, 05:47 PM
The advantage that the shaman has over the enchanter is that the shaman can tank and the shaman can heal, so if you cannot use a charmed pet (like in WW dragons), then the shaman is better.

But if you can kill it without getting hit, then the enchanter wins every time.

Teppler
03-31-2017, 06:15 PM
Torpor and epic are such great solo tools, losing them makes a big difference.

Without them I don't think shaman beats necro let alone chanter.

dangermule
03-31-2017, 08:48 PM
Thanks guys,

So what im getting is that a shaman without torpor/epic endgame wouldn't be able to solo hardly any of their endgame camps... where as an enchanter has their endgame solo potential right out of the gate, or with 15-20k worth of gear/spells - ring, bedlam etc.

Froakula
03-31-2017, 09:39 PM
You should go ench, a non epic torp sham is a travesty.

loramin
03-31-2017, 11:53 PM
So what im getting is that a shaman without torpor/epic endgame wouldn't be able to solo hardly any of their endgame camps...

I'm not sure what you'd count as an "endgame" camp but I can guarantee that a 60 (or even lower) shaman without Torpor (but with an epic) can still do tons of good solo cash camps. Not the best certainly, but enough to earn the plat for Topor if you're patient :) Without an epic that's still true, but to a lesser extent as there are a fair number of camps you just won't be able to keep up with.

Teppler
04-01-2017, 12:10 AM
I did ng to raise money for epic and torpor. That's a few k an hr.

branamil
04-01-2017, 03:40 AM
What is ng

Evia
04-01-2017, 07:19 AM
What is ng

North gate camp in sebilis.

loramin
04-01-2017, 11:37 AM
I did ng to raise money for epic and torpor. That's a few k an hr.

Any details you could share about soloing there as a shaman without torpor? I've always been a little intimidated by Seb when it comes to soloing because of the high level casters.

Teppler
04-01-2017, 12:10 PM
Any details you could share about soloing there as a shaman without torpor? I've always been a little intimidated by Seb when it comes to soloing because of the high level casters.

The biggest detail is to not mess with the roamer. First of all, all you want to do is the 3 bugs because they are the ones with loot and you'll get backed up with spawns if you try to fight the roamer anyway. If it's a knight roamer, you can kill it but the caster might spawn and they are dangerous because they have a chance to gate and summon you to the crypt entrance area and you never know which ones might be gaters.

There's two areas you can camp out of the roamers range that I've found worked. Hard to explain where they are exactly but they are corners where you can go to work.

Otherwise it's straight forward- pull with slow or malaise and dot the bugs up. You'll have to cc bug 2 and 3 because there's no way to single pull them. If you debuff them both early, your root and cc will be reliable.