PDA

View Full Version : Returning 45 shaman, group duties and where to begin.

Hakubi
03-29-2017, 10:48 PM
Title pretty much says it all, 45 shaman in mostly banded w/ JBB, 5/55 rings, clay guardian shield, shrunken gob earring. Haven't played in a long while and want to make sure I do don't drop the ball on my duties and set my order of priorities. All I remember is never having a break and getting carpal from it.

Priorities for grouping:
1) root mobs for cc or warrior aggro
2) malo/slow if they hit hard or don't die within a few ticks (When should I not malo? only if resists are a problem?)
3) heal
4) canni dance

5) buff: Haste melee, SOW on everyone, STR on rogues/monks, AC / HP / STA / DEX on tank, CHA on ench (or pal/CLR if lulling).

Now that epic is priced way out of reach of the common man (not to mention Torpor being even worse) should I spend money money on some Wisdom/mana/HP/AC gear? Does it ever get "easier" on the constant no down time for shaman at higher levels in the pick up group game? My heals felt super weak when I quit/downtime high, and constant juggling of buffs for people who didn't want to stop pulls until I was nearly at low HP aggro, not to mention managing my pet. Might be better off rolling a lower bullshit class like cleric or rogue for seb $$$?

Is it worth pushing him to 60 as a solo-only class or should I just roll a necro? Shaman is currently my highest level.