PDA

View Full Version : Can an enchanter with Collaboration wander in Kael without being attacked ?

maxlaurent
03-28-2017, 10:24 AM
Hey guys,

Assuming I never attacked any giants or dragons in Velious, can an enchanter with Collaboration wander in Kael without being attacked ? (I'd like to make the run from Eastern Wastes to Wakening Land without any danger).

Thanks for help !

Emmin
03-28-2017, 10:50 AM
Sort of. As far as I know, there are three factions in Kael - the frost giants, the storm giants, and King Tormax. I was able to get to dubious with either the frost giants or storm giants when I first set foot on Velious, but couldn't get non-KOS with mobs on King Tormax faction. However, you can only have Collaboration active on one faction at a time, so if you're in an area with both storm giants and frost giants (for example, near the bank) you won't be able to get non-KOS with both. Having said all that, you can just invis and run safely from the EW to WL zonelines regardless of faction.

Dolalin
03-28-2017, 11:22 AM
Just invis yourself. Nothing sees invis on the run through.

Sorn
03-28-2017, 11:59 AM
Just invis yourself. Nothing sees invis on the run through.

* unless one has wandered near the path or they've been trained there

EQBallzz
03-28-2017, 01:40 PM
I think mobs north of the bank start to see invis. Just stay south of that area and you should be fine so long as your invis holds.

SoekiWiz
03-28-2017, 01:57 PM
Giants in Kael are on a -30 Kromzek/Kromrif/Tormax (spelling?) faction.

Same as, for example, spiders in Velk's. In Velk's I know you can werewolf and collab to hit dubious, not sure if the same would work in Kael as I'm not sure how the giants would react by default to werewolf illusion.

Try it, con one of them when you zone in. I'm curious as to the answer too.

As the others said if you're just looking to run through, should be fine. Anything that pops as a trap would default as threateningly to whoever pops said trap. Dunno that I know of any in Kael, just figured I'd throw that in there.

Jimjam
03-28-2017, 02:07 PM
I have a suspicion on live that Giants had a preference to ogres and barbarians, as well as followers of Zek. Nothing to back that up though. And even if that were true, it might not carry over here. Try cycling through some of your more 'Zek aligned' illusions and see what happens?

EQBallzz
03-28-2017, 03:10 PM
I have a suspicion on live that Giants had a preference to ogres and barbarians, as well as followers of Zek. Nothing to back that up though. And even if that were true, it might not carry over here. Try cycling through some of your more 'Zek aligned' illusions and see what happens?

I had a lvl 1 ogre on live that I parked in KT's room for KT tracking purposes and he wasn't KOS iirc so I assume the same is true here but not 100%.

Izmael
03-28-2017, 05:40 PM
If you never killed in Kael, go ogre form and Collaboration on something which isn't on Tormax faction and you're good to go - except on Tormax factionned mobs, but they aren't wandering all over the place. If you see something that still scowls - that's a Tormax factionned mob and you have to steer clear of that area (and past it).