PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to say thanks

Pilgrimzero
03-27-2017, 01:38 PM
Not just to the creators of this fan server for all their hard work but to everyone.

EQ is probably one of the most defining games I played back in the day. And I wouldn't trade those memories for anything. Being there when Derv rings were special. The thrill of going to Kinark when it opened. And the awe of Velious when it came out.

Not to mention all the old EQ buds and guild mates long gone and the stories and RP (and camping spawns) we enjoyed in Norrath.

And here is this fan server that has brought it back. EQ live long ago changing into something almost unrecognizable (though still fun in its way). And I have met some of the nicest people here on P1999, it's almost like being back in it originally.

And yeah this server has issues. Mainly via the economy but you know what, it also makes people more generous. I was just a newbie SK (Hesperax)and a fellow DE took time out to get me some bronze armor, I nice weapon, and a few hundred plat so I could fill in the gaps. And I have since then been trying to pay that kindness forward. I don't have the 1000s of plat that others seem to have but what I can pass on a few play or some bags to others I see just starting out.

Also want to throw Dial A Port some thanks for helping me get my little lvl 11 rear across the country and not accept a donation.

Anyways, just want to say thanks to the creators of this server and to the people playing in it. You're all awesome. And being able to play old EQ again is such a treat.

Swish
03-27-2017, 10:00 PM
pras, and when you're ready there's an exciting pvp server to try <3

good luck on your adventures :)

Mytral
03-27-2017, 10:05 PM
Welcome home.........

Larkverdin
03-28-2017, 12:00 AM
Welcome home.........

Spyder73
03-28-2017, 09:27 AM
pras, and when you're ready there's an exciting pvp server to try <3

good luck on your adventures :)

Avoid the red server - it is full of drug addled man children pretending to be trannies (I really wish I was joking but I am not).

Welcome back to Blue

Expediency
03-28-2017, 02:32 PM
Server is great, forums are a cesspool. As you can see from the very first response, someone is already trying to hijack and derail your thread. Get the info you need and evacuate.