PDA

View Full Version : "Taking offers" for low-value items

indiscriminate_hater
03-27-2017, 11:38 AM
What's your opinion on people saying "taking offers on X" for low-value items? Anything less than about 20k has a pretty well-defined price.

Sure, sometimes it helps the seller get a higher price than they normally would. But it's ridiculous. Don't pretend like you have a valuable item.

Recent examples:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269210&highlight=offer
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269206&highlight=offer
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268829&highlight=offer

That last one is especially bad. It's a fucking Peacebringer, you're going to get 3k for it whether you like it or not.

Rustled,

xKoopa
03-27-2017, 11:41 AM
I take this as something like "flexible on price, make an offer and ill take as long as it isnt ridiculously low"

Not sure why anyone would be rustled

Jmcwrestling
03-27-2017, 01:55 PM
I think people just don't want to ruin their chance of getting a high offer than the standard. Honestly I say just make everyone's life easier and just decide what the lowest amount you would accept for the item and stay firm to it.

And if someone is being priced at something low / standard , I don't see the need to try and get it super cheap. There's nothing more annoying than selling something reasonably priced, like a fungi for 41k and being asked "well would you do 39k?"

THIS goes doubly so for cheap items.

Jimjam
03-27-2017, 02:10 PM
Offer me enough more than the vendor to justify being in this zone, and more than you think anyone else will in the next 5 mins and it is yours.

maskedmelonpai
03-27-2017, 02:13 PM
i only ever say that if liek I don't actually need to sell it, but wouldn't mind having extra monies. i just sume that other peoples doing it are lookin for premiums too, but still low ball them if it something i want /shrug

Mzy12345
03-27-2017, 04:55 PM
Laughed out loud when I saw my post made the cut. I said offer on the Peacebringer because I've had it for a long time and don't know if the price has gone up with the changes that are supposed to be coming for 2 hand blunt similar to what happened with Tranquil Staff. Still haven't sold it :(

Pokesan
03-27-2017, 05:38 PM
WTS Slime Crystal Staff PM offer

fastboy21
03-27-2017, 07:18 PM
Has anyone else noticed the the general forums is more and more treated like it is rants and flames over the last year?

Lhancelot
03-27-2017, 07:33 PM
Has anyone else noticed the the general forums is more and more treated like it is rants and flames over the last year?

It's this new generation of kids man. No respect for how things used to be. All these young whippersnappers, I swear...

Spyder73
03-28-2017, 09:21 AM
Offer me enough more than the vendor to justify being in this zone, and more than you think anyone else will in the next 5 mins and it is yours.

I routinely sell things for about 50%-75% market value just so I don't have to sit in EC

jolanar
03-28-2017, 05:10 PM
I routinely sell things for about 50%-75% market value just so I don't have to sit in EC

Depending on the item it may even make financial sense to do this as well, because every minute you spend in EC is opportunity cost you are accumulating.

bum3
03-28-2017, 05:50 PM
My favorite is when someone says make an offer when you ask how much. You low-ball it by 5% they return with a 50% markup higher than average. You say no thanks. They say your loss. lol ok.