PDA

View Full Version : Question about jewelry making

maxlaurent
03-27-2017, 10:28 AM
Hey all, I got a question about jewelry making.

Let's say I want to make a Velium Blue Diamond Bracelet, will i have to pay any other costs if I find a friend who has the skills and if I provide the materials (1 enchanted velium bar and 1 blue diamond in this case).

I'm asking this, because it seems to be much more expensive to buy the crafted item than giving the materials to a jewel maker.

Thanks for help !

Ashintar
03-27-2017, 10:36 AM
It depends if your friend fails on the combine or not... if they succeed, and they do the combine for free, then there are no additional costs.

EQBallzz
03-27-2017, 10:36 AM
I don't do jewelcrafting but I think the added cost is from the failure rate. At best the success rate for combines is 75% (I think?) so there is a very real chance you will lose your mats. Providing mats might reduce cost for you but it also increases risk and if you have to provide mats for 2 or 3 combines you will have paid a lot more. A completed item doesn't have that problem.

Joyelle
03-27-2017, 11:38 AM
If you provide the materials and they do the combine there is no "required" extra cost, but tips are a a recommended courtesy given that jewelcrafting is expensive to level up. That person has likely spent a good chunk of money raising their skill to that level.

Busher
03-27-2017, 12:17 PM
I do JC with a 250 skill and the cost does come from losing materials on failures. I've not any statistics, but Velium Blue Diamond Bracelets do seem particularly hard. I've only attempted 12-15 though.

Decad
03-27-2017, 09:06 PM
Velium BD bracelet has an approximate 27% failure rate (if u follow wiki trivials and assuming 250 skill).

Assuming you buy your materials it costs 1252 plat to buy them and the average (not high nor low ) market price for BD bracelet is 2.1k.

Also, any trivials there is 5% failure rate