PDA

View Full Version : Leveling advices for bad races

Klimt
03-24-2017, 06:16 AM
Hello !

I'm back on EQ after a looooooooong time.
I have chosen to create an Ogre Shaman and I'm actually level 3 (youhou).

I was playing on the good side of Norath when I used to play EQ, so I don't know the actual starting area I'm in.
My question is : Is there any repeatable quests, like the bone chips quest in Kaladim (for level 1-10) or the Crushbone belts quest (10+) for the bad side of Norath?

I looked at the p99wiki for Oggok quests, and it seems that pretty much every repeatable quests are lowering a faction inside Oggok (Sk guild VS Warrior guild, etc).
Should I go to Neriak or the Troll City?

I did read a lot the newbie part of the wiki, but any other tips are welcome !

Thanks ! :)

Subidoo
03-28-2017, 01:56 PM
I never did any repeatable quests on my troll shaman. I just went to EC tunnel, got tons of buffs and pwned everything,lol.

SoekiWiz
03-28-2017, 02:08 PM
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126844

Keggernuts
03-28-2017, 04:14 PM
I believe you can turn in fire beetle eyes and froglock tax flesh in Grobb repeatedly.

I just started a troll shaman last week. 1-13 exclusively in innothule swamp. It got stupid slow so I moved to oasis. Hit me up if you wanna chill. I am Kegluk

jolanar
03-29-2017, 10:40 AM
Ogres get a quest to turn in lizard meat. The exp isn't great but you get a rusty two handed sword each time so the money does add up enough to buy some spells.

You have no reason to ever enter the shadowknight guild, so turn them into the warrior guild and you'll be fine. Or you can alternate between them as the positive hit is larger than the negative hit so it will be a net positive for both.

Really though, none of the quests in evil cities come even close to the exp gains from things like bone chips in Kaladim, or various orc belts.

Amyas
03-29-2017, 11:48 AM
Send tell to Amyas in game and i'll help you get started buddy.

Gustoo
03-30-2017, 05:19 PM
Mostly just level up the hard way. Enjoy the quest. The journey is the destination.

Vandil
03-31-2017, 02:35 PM
Reroll Dark Elf. Nektulos, EC/NK, Lavastorm (by Najena), The Overthere, Rathe Mountains (Giant Skeletons), Gorge (build Pickclaw faction), Misty Thicket (guards), Velious.

Skinned
04-01-2017, 04:26 PM
Good cities are dungeons for bad characters. Eventually bad cities become that too. I play two Iksar characters and I've leveled in pretty much every player city between my shaman and necro. The ROI is just too good for how low risk it is when you get the hang of it.

phacemeltar
04-01-2017, 04:46 PM
hang out around the druid rings, eventually you can find a druid to help take you to commonlands. hunting there will open you up to far more exp/loot than soloing in feer.
make sure to get a soulbind, and if you go early enough you can find many xp-yielding orcs to help your factions with good races.
as a shaman (unless you worship innoruuk), not everyone is going to hate you.

Zoggren
04-09-2017, 06:23 PM
I leveled in Blackburrow which gave me some positive Freeport faction hits, and turned in ton of gnoll fangs, which also got me other factions. Then I went to EC and WC and killed a ton of Orcs to get up dubious and am stuck there for now. I never go back to evil cities, but I used to pop in the Troll town and I never became kos there.