PDA

View Full Version : Future melee patch - affects 2h weapons how?

Lhancelot
03-23-2017, 11:10 AM
I am just curious as to how the melee update that is supposed to happen benefits 2h weapons?

Is the change also including some stat increases to specific 2h weaps, or will the patch simply improve upon melee damage making 2h weapons more efficient?

I am asking this because over the past few weeks T-staffs have gone from 30k to 55k, Exquisite Velium 2h weapons have gone from 10k to 15k, Narandi's Lance went from 30k to 45k, etc.

I don't understand the increase in price because the weapons are still dropping at the same rate, will continue to drop... Also, the patch doesn't even have a tentative date for when it will be added.

So, exactly why are 2h weapons so expensive now? I am wondering if I should start hoarding 2h weapons in case they are altered and made better in the future, or if this weird price jump is just a manipulation of the market for no good reason.

Spyder73
03-23-2017, 12:22 PM
I remember it being that certain "post epic" 2H weapons with high delays will get an added bonus... So basically T Staff raising in value is crazy because it only has a delay of 30 and it is certainly not post epic. Just my 2 cents but I don't think I am wrong

Troxx
03-23-2017, 12:39 PM
Demand for these items will increase thus driving the price up. Price will settle over time to whatever supply and demand dictate. If the goods move at the selling price point, it will stay there. If not, it will drop.

Demand for them in anticipation of this patch has already risen.

Lhancelot
03-23-2017, 12:58 PM
Demand for these items will increase thus driving the price up. Price will settle over time to whatever supply and demand dictate. If the goods move at the selling price point, it will stay there. If not, it will drop.

Demand for them in anticipation of this patch has already risen.

Yes, but why? That's my question I understand demand has risen for them, but why?

Is it as mentioned above, weapons with high delays will get a damage bonus? Which if that's the only change, how does that make a T-staff more valuable? Or Velium Exquisite weapons when the 2h variety have a relative fast delay of 36?

kotton05
03-23-2017, 01:09 PM
Triple attack + tstaff can almost = like 4-5 swings if you proc (savage dps)

Then with the 2hb bonus things with more than 30 dly should be hitting harder than ever. It will be the era of the bo staff again and a few other weapons will shine too but that's the jist lhance.

Thiefboy777
03-23-2017, 01:28 PM
This patch will never happen so don't worry about it.

Lhancelot
03-23-2017, 01:29 PM
Triple attack + tstaff can almost = like 4-5 swings if you proc (savage dps)

Then with the 2hb bonus things with more than 30 dly should be hitting harder than ever. It will be the era of the bo staff again and a few other weapons will shine too but that's the jist lhance.

Ah ok, so anything with 30+ delay should get a damage bonus then? That would make some sense. I just was wondering. Maybe I need to hoard 2h weapons too then.

xKoopa
03-23-2017, 01:58 PM
28 delay is the sweet spot to get the most of new dmg bonus

Also average 2h dmg should increase, along with triple attack and knights will get maxed combat skills (probly not)

Kelor
03-23-2017, 10:37 PM
http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5782 is a good read on it imo.

Rygar
03-24-2017, 08:35 AM
I seem to recall when this was patched on live, the 2h weapons had a new field called 'Dmg Bonus: X', so it told you what the actual bonus was on that weapon. Furthermore, they had 'recommended levels' on the weapons.

So lets say you are a level 1 monk and equip a TStaff, instead of seeing 29/30 you may see it say 10/30 in your UI, and as you leveled up to the recommended level it would scale accordingly. Unsure if delay was also affected, but it was something to this effect.

Vdub
03-24-2017, 09:40 AM
I seem to recall when this was patched on live, the 2h weapons had a new field called 'Dmg Bonus: X', so it told you what the actual bonus was on that weapon. Furthermore, they had 'recommended levels' on the weapons.

So lets say you are a level 1 monk and equip a TStaff, instead of seeing 29/30 you may see it say 10/30 in your UI, and as you leveled up to the recommended level it would scale accordingly. Unsure if delay was also affected, but it was something to this effect.

The recommended level only happened with with new weapons added either in Luclin or PoP.

Munkh
03-24-2017, 10:50 AM
So is this going to happen on P99 or not? I guess that's the ultimate question.

kotton05
03-24-2017, 10:57 AM
chardok revamp, one day they will patch that in and it will be live (which would capstone the whole p99 project as prolly it's last patch)

Currently they're fixing the leashing mechanics to turn Tunare into an all day clear again and vulak leashing mechanics afaik. Could be tomorrow could be 4 years from now when you've quit.

Munkh
03-24-2017, 11:13 AM
I'm quitting in 4 years?

kotton05
03-24-2017, 11:27 AM
I'm quitting in 4 years?

It was a general statment, I hope you stay here forever tbh, but I was just pointing out it's most likely gonna b awhile (hope not)

Nightbear
03-24-2017, 01:19 PM
Also average 2h dmg should increase, along with triple attack and knights will get maxed combat skills (probly not)

yea

knights still dont have defense cap maxed and that's been like almost what, 2 years?

Sage Truthbearer
03-24-2017, 03:15 PM
I have several 1:1 ratio 1h and 2h weapons and my anecdotal experience is that the maximum hit damage on 2h weapons is very mediocre at the moment. This is especially noticeable when fighting velious mobs because they simply have too much AC. My 1h weapons are significantly better dps in velious, in classic/kunark the 2h may have a slight edge.. but the 2h damage is still ridiculously variable.