PDA

View Full Version : Dear Paladins,..

Vidar
03-22-2017, 10:35 PM
Please stop training the gate guards in WFP through the city to get to NFP...there is an underground passage for people who are kos to the militia. Please use it.

Deadlyfury
03-22-2017, 10:47 PM
just to be clear, this isn't just paladins, LOTS of people kill lucan for the soulfire, including myself, im a lvl 60 druid and I am KoS as well :)

I don't train however, just sayin... it aint just the pally's!

Vidar
03-22-2017, 11:00 PM
True, its just that the people i have seen tonight have been pally's. Plus pallay's and the militia are enemies.

Karasawa
03-22-2017, 11:00 PM
no

Vidar
03-22-2017, 11:04 PM
So training people is somehow ok?

tolinwiz
03-22-2017, 11:28 PM

Yikes

Beastagoog
03-22-2017, 11:30 PM
lol.

Deadlyfury
03-22-2017, 11:33 PM
I think this is a tough area, they aren't intentionally training you, as they wouldn't know you are in the way, and they are trying to get to a zone line, so it's like saying to someone, don't train to the exit of seb... this is one of those things you will have to put up with unfortunately

XnderXcore
03-22-2017, 11:41 PM
Well, if you're not kos what does it matter? Why does it bother you?

Swish
03-22-2017, 11:48 PM
ITT: Army of fat cats doing soulfires justifying the slaughter of young adventurers.

Ennewi
03-23-2017, 12:42 AM
Please stop training the gate guards in WFP through the city to get to NFP...there is an underground passage for people who are kos to the militia. Please use it.

From the gate to the NFP line is a small fraction of the zone. Easy to avoid. Now if you want to be irked about something, the guards being trained out to EC zoneline for Lucan is more disruptive. But it's similar to when people kill the EC inn guards / dark elf guards at the Nektulos bridge...or the skeleton guard at Paineel elevator and you have to wait for him to respawn to get key. Sucks but then you are playing a MMOrpg.

Lhancelot
03-23-2017, 01:58 AM

Proof paladins are not the goody-two-shoes they pretend to be!

Borak
03-23-2017, 01:08 PM
From the gate to the NFP line is a small fraction of the zone. Easy to avoid.

This. Besides, if you are KoS and are INSIDE the gates, and NOT moving to NFP, the only two reasons you are there are 1) trying to setup a Lucan pull, in which case you should be aware of people running thru your path to NFP, and 2) killing guards, in which case there are safer areas to park, such as near the the zone to NFP that's closer to the bank, by the small pool of water and halfelf vendor.

Also, the gate guards don't see invis. There is one wanderer that does (Guard Ledshin ? I forget the name), so if you're invis, you should be safe from the gate guards.

khandman
03-23-2017, 02:07 PM

It's only training people if the people being trained are also kos. And if that is the case, why aren't they using the tunnel ;)

Munkh
03-23-2017, 02:40 PM
I'm still failing to understand Vidar's issue. LOL. If your KOS then you should have invis up or be on the outskirts of the open area outside the gates. If you're not KOS what the hell difference does it make if someone's who's KOS goes running by to go to NFP and the guards chase them.....

Grows some balls and be prepared!

skarlorn
03-23-2017, 03:30 PM
killing sir lucan d'lere is a lot of fun

mattydef
03-23-2017, 05:37 PM
I'm a paladin that trains to NFP, I love training evil KOS races that are trying to exp at the zone line. /spit

Vidar
03-23-2017, 07:53 PM
Let me get the crayons...

Im killing guards...
Im using an animation...
Animations cannot be controlled so i cant move from where he starts fighting...
So killing the guards in the miltia house/entrance is tough to get clear from the people training the guards.

Also, There is a sepperate way to get to NFP... they should use it instead of training people. Freeport is the busiest city in the game. there are always people in it...use your head.

Now, this wouldnt be a big deal if it wasnt happening all the time. I was trained 5 times last night. Thats 5 times of zoning, rezoning, summoning etc. Twice i almost died. So yah. it is a problem.

Vidar
03-23-2017, 07:56 PM
Oh and it happened 10 minutes ago too

Cygenx
03-23-2017, 09:11 PM
I do this often. It's never intentional. Just the quickest way to the bank.

Vidar
03-23-2017, 10:23 PM
yah but if i die and loose xp because you dont care...just sayin

Swish
03-23-2017, 10:36 PM
Let me get the crayons...

Im killing guards...
Im using an animation...
Animations cannot be controlled so i cant move from where he starts fighting...
So killing the guards in the miltia house/entrance is tough to get clear from the people training the guards.

Also, There is a sepperate way to get to NFP... they should use it instead of training people. Freeport is the busiest city in the game. there are always people in it...use your head.

Now, this wouldnt be a big deal if it wasnt happening all the time. I was trained 5 times last night. Thats 5 times of zoning, rezoning, summoning etc. Twice i almost died. So yah. it is a problem.

Have you tried the guards in East Freeport?

Vidar
03-23-2017, 11:37 PM
yes, but not in a while. i should try them again.

Swish
03-23-2017, 11:42 PM
I'd say between the doable ones there and around the back (away from the guard house with Lucan in) you might be okay? I haven't done them in forever but it was fun.

KENAK
03-23-2017, 11:48 PM
Pretty sure I am KOS to the people in the tunnels. If this is not the case, please show me where to run and I will gladly start doing that instead.

Lune
03-24-2017, 12:11 AM
Never get tired of that wonderful GIF

http://i.imgur.com/U2QwgM2.gif

indiscriminate_hater
03-24-2017, 12:21 AM
I intentionally train the guards so that scumbags like OP stop killing them. L2roleplay

Swish
03-24-2017, 12:51 AM
I like to roleplay too, shame they nerfed pickpocketing :/

Vidar
03-24-2017, 09:04 PM
I intentionally train the guards so that scumbags like OP stop killing them. L2roleplay

i dont kill gate guards. Just inside FP.

Swish
03-24-2017, 09:05 PM
All gate guards were adjusted on the live servers (mirrored here) as new players were dying without the intended protection. They're all really difficult to kill, and rightly some might say :)

Jimjam
03-25-2017, 03:08 AM
Download fraps and get it running. These people have been on the server long enough to know even 'accidental' training is illegal. If it looks like your train is going to 'accidentally' go over someone you have to turn it around or eat the death at a safe distance.

I think we have all trained someone sometime. We all have lapses in our behaviour. However, the trainers laziness or inconsideration is no excuse for ignoring the rules.

If they do end up training you the least they could do is try make amends some how (anything from an apology to finding a rez and paying blood money seems like a good penance to me).