PDA

View Full Version : Character's Gone?

loramin
03-22-2017, 03:36 PM
I recently logged on to a friend's account to help him MQ a JBoots. It went fine, but when I switched back to my main account I found all of my characters were gone. I then logged in to Red and was surprised to find that all of my characters were gone there too.

So, I tried ...

waiting overnight
re-patching my EQ install
re-installing (from a completely different torrent than my original) and re-patching EverQuest

But even the completely fresh install has the same problem, which makes me think the issue is server-side. Has anyone had this happen before, and were you able to fix it by yourself or did you have to bother the staff?

khanable
03-22-2017, 03:40 PM
Did you log into the wrong server?

loramin
03-22-2017, 03:40 PM
No (I've done that before :) ). I have checked and double-checked and I logged in to Blue/Red each time. But thanks for the suggestion.

khanable
03-22-2017, 03:49 PM
You sure you're logging into the right account?

Outside of that you may need to petition

loramin
03-22-2017, 03:52 PM

Outside of that you may need to petition

Yup, positive. I think I may too ... any idea how I can do that since I can't login and /petition? The only thing I can think of is to PM Rogean, and I can't imagine he wants to deal with this kind of nonsense.

*EDIT:* I wound up PMing Sirken. Not sure if he's the right person or not, but hopefully he won't mind.

khanable
03-22-2017, 04:25 PM
Petition forum!

loramin
03-22-2017, 04:28 PM
Strangely enough I'd completely forgotten (or never realized in the first place) that that existed. Guess I've just been lucky ...

Thanks for the help Cucumbers!

Llandris
03-22-2017, 04:31 PM
Characters are fine on our side. You patched V44 correct?

loramin
03-22-2017, 04:37 PM
Yes, twice: once on my old install and once on a new one ... and I think the old one already had it. Also everything was working fine before I logged in to my friend's account.

I've submitted my account details to the petition forum (mentioning this so I don't waste your time and whoever checks the petition forum's time ... but thanks for the response!).

loramin
03-22-2017, 04:49 PM
I'm a moron, and it took server GM extraordinaire Llandris to help me realize it. It turns out I had created an account god-knows-how-long ago with the same exact password as my real account. When I switched back from my friend's account I used the name of the account I'd forgotten about, not remembering that my real account name (which had always been stored in the game before I changed accounts) was different.

So, moral of the story: if you don't see characters and you're CERTAIN you're on the right server ... you're probably on the wrong account. And if, like me, you're stupid enough to create two accounts where on is wrong but has a name you use often, this whole thing may require a very embarrassing petition to figure out.

Thanks again Cucumbers and Llandris!

/em walks away in shame

Doctor Jeff
03-22-2017, 05:38 PM

Yup, positive.

I'm a moron

lol'd

khanable
03-22-2017, 07:30 PM
hahah

glad you got it resolved