PDA

View Full Version : Static Duo Options Pre Kinark no Gear

Mzy12345
03-22-2017, 09:32 AM
Hello,

Like some other on the boards I'm intrigued by the idea of the Agnarr server. Not sure I'll actually follow through on it but if I do it would be in a static duo. What would be some good duo classes that would be effective right off the bat with no gear? We've both played enchanters so I'm not sure either of us would want to do that again. These don't have to be min/max combos either just something that would be fun in rags.

At the moment thinking a Shaman and Rogue duo could be fun just having Shaman tank. Also, always been a fan of wizards but understand how undesirable they are on P99. Without gear inflation on a new server they may have more of a shot so any duos with that would be cool. Thanks in advance!

articnv
03-22-2017, 09:34 AM
shaman necro in rags would probly be the best combo

Yasi
03-22-2017, 09:39 AM
I guess shaman/mage would work as well.

I'm just afraid we will end up with only casters on Agnarr, because ppl are afraid of melees being too gear dependend early on ;)

Mzy12345
03-22-2017, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking necro would be fun but I think it would always bug me to not be an iksar necro and I couldn't do that right off the bat. From what I have seen the lich difference at higher levels seems huge and I'd like to roll something I can do in original old world and not regret it once Kunark drops.

claypigeons
03-22-2017, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking necro would be fun but I think it would always bug me to not be an iksar necro and I couldn't do that right off the bat. From what I have seen the lich difference at higher levels seems huge and I'd like to roll something I can do in original old world and not regret it once Kunark drops.
Will Agnarr have classic xp penalties?

Monk/shaman.
Mage/cleric
Enchanter/cleric
Druid/necro
Shaman/necro

xKoopa
03-22-2017, 09:58 AM

Live eq sells race potions doesnt it? Can roll whatever race and change to iksar in kunark

Mzy12345
03-22-2017, 10:07 AM
I don't know if the exp penalties will be in the game or not. Is there anywhere to look this up? Also, this is the first I've heard about the race potions. If they are in the game that would probably change my my mind and necro sham would be appealing or necro Druid.

Anyone on Phinny know if they have race pots?

Yasi
03-22-2017, 10:09 AM
Edit:
There were race pots on TLPs. LJ and RF didn't have Iksar race Change pots for a months after Kunark Launch though. Phinny hat them with Launch.

dude
03-22-2017, 01:41 PM
Shaman and necro all the way. if you want to live on easy street.

SK and rogue if you want something a little more complicated.

bard and wizard if you want to live on the edge.

Muggens
03-22-2017, 02:00 PM
Wrong forum

Metham
03-22-2017, 02:25 PM
I guess shaman/mage would work as well.

I'm just afraid we will end up with only casters on Agnarr, because ppl are afraid of melees being too gear dependend early on ;)

Rolling a warrior on day 1

bum3
03-22-2017, 03:20 PM
Shaman and necro all the way. if you want to live on easy street.

SK and rogue if you want something a little more complicated.

bard and wizard if you want to live on the edge.

Wife and I started this server as necro and sham. both iksar. Very powerful. We got to 26 before she was bored to death as necro and we switched to different classes.

Usernamegoeshere
03-22-2017, 03:36 PM
Iksar's regen is much less important on live then it is on p99, first the lich line of spells take away less hp, Live lich (http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=644&source=Live) vs p99 lich (http://wiki.project1999.com/Lich) also add in the enhanced hp regen for sitting extended periods of time(this is different from the out of combat regeneration added in TSS), necro races play more or less the same.

MerkelMacron
03-22-2017, 07:02 PM
whats agnarr?

a new eq pvp server????