PDA

View Full Version : Halfling Warriors - Can they still sneak pull?

Lhancelot
03-21-2017, 08:28 PM
I am just wondering if they still can do this, or did the latest nerf to sneak mechanics alter it so that halflings can no longer sneak pull as warriors?

***What about rogues, can they still sneak pull?

SoekiWiz
03-21-2017, 09:32 PM
Sneak pulling is still a thing. It doesn't have the same effect as previously. Patch notes said mobs of the same faction are more likely to notice their friends being engaged for battle now.

Feanol
03-22-2017, 12:41 AM
In my experiences so far, two important variables now exist:

a. The proximity of one MoB to another

b. The racial or 'faction' link between two MoB's

Before the patch two identically named MoB's could be nearly standing on top of one another, but as long as the ranged pull using Sneak was made from behind one MoB's field of view the other would come alone.

It appears to me now that the directions in which NPC's face have less of an effect than their proximity to each other. Even if both are turned away from you, it is not easy to pull the single when your targets are arraigned around a table or pathing in close formations.

The 'safe' proximity is even further reduced when the MoB's have some form of allegiance, whether being the same race/type or thralls of the same master.

These are just observations, and I have little in the way of proper data. I myself am curiously awaiting another player to get scientific about these associations or present some kind of 'code laws' that govern it.

Mainly I'm just glad that classes with "Calm" spell lines can really shine in this new era =)

Rygar
03-22-2017, 08:39 AM
I've had extremely limited success, it is almost as if sneak doesn't matter anymore, but I haven't gotten all scientific with it either (like sneak pulling and getting a single, flopping, then trying pull again without sneak to verify I get a double).

Basically SKs are beasts of pullers now, agro and snare one, FD, bring single back when rest reset. Lull pulling rules, as does crowd control and root parking.

EQBallzz
03-22-2017, 09:34 AM
The main thing that changed is that sneaking from a FD position no longer mem blurs mobs at all.

You can still use sneak to pull if you are not on the hate list. One big caveat to that is they also increased the social aggro radius of mobs so theoretically sneak pulling on the initial pull is still possible but in practice is going to be very situational IMO.

The previous social aggro radius was pretty small so you could pull a mob close to another mob from sneak without added aggro so long as it was not in LOS. Now they have to be much farther apart.

Lhancelot
03-22-2017, 02:15 PM
Alright thanks for all the input. Clears a lot up in my mind.

skarlorn
03-22-2017, 03:45 PM
oh my god filbus got nerfed