PDA

View Full Version : New Installing Issues (eqgame)

Palian
03-14-2017, 08:40 PM
I downloading All the necessary files extracted as so told by the Guide. When I launched Titanium The emu came up with this " C:\EQEmu\EQTitanium>start eqgame patchme" But then and error window pops up with the following "Windows cannot find 'eqgame'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again'

I am trying to figure out since I have the EverQuest Red99 files, that maybe I have the file(s) in the wrong location. But I do have a separate directory for this game title just as the guide suggested. But the Red99 files are not located on the same file as the launch titanium is. they were put in an additional folder titles EQTitanium. I am thinking that may have to do with my issues.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

I will continue to troubleshoot.

Palian
03-14-2017, 10:10 PM
So I followed the FAQ troubleshooting guide and created the shortcut in so. Now I can get into the game past the EULA and the login screen..But I don't think I am going to the correct login server. It takes me to the login screen like on Live QverQuest. I adjusted the eqhost.txt as well.

Palian
03-14-2017, 11:57 PM
UPDATE: So I managed to make it to the character select screen now. But I see the character named text "You spells file is outdated. Please visit project1999.com and get the latest files from the getting started post.. what do i need to fix now?

Ashintar
03-15-2017, 06:51 AM
Download the latest patch .zip file from the home page and extract it into your EQ directory.

Palian
03-15-2017, 09:41 AM
I Have the latest patch already. Question: Does the red99 file have to be in the same file as everything else or can there be an additional folder in the same file with this content? I believe that is what happened originally. For instance these are folder names EQTitanium and inside this folder are the folder names:EverQuest Red99, Resources, SpellEfffect, uifiles, and then the following files ActorEmitter..., dbstr_us, dsetup.dll and so on. So the P99 extraced files are in a seperate folder but in the same directory...

derpcake
03-15-2017, 10:16 AM
Download the latest patch .zip file from the home page and extract it into your EQ directory.

In the same directory as the rest, overwrite stuff that is already present.

Palian
03-15-2017, 12:50 PM
I Was able to fix it. I think i just had the files in the wrong spot. Now I am able to get to the character screen and actual create one :)..I am glad that I was actually able to fix these problems with a little help. Now I can share my experiences. See you in Norrath!!

ffemtmike
03-15-2017, 09:06 PM
Still doesn't work for me. No matter what dirk or location I get. I get to the server select screen, launch, flashes, and goes back to login. When I try and launch again, it tells me either apply newer patch or check my connectivity. Matched screen resolution, launched in SP2, as Admin, with and without using the .Bat file. Same error regardless.