PDA

View Full Version : Chrome Mac Wiki Login Broken?

loramin
03-12-2017, 01:51 PM
TLDR: Can any other Mac Chrome users login to the wiki?

I just tried to login to the wiki on my work computer (a Mac) running Google Chrome. It failed with the following message:

Login error
Project 1999 Wiki uses cookies to log in users. You have cookies disabled. Please enable them and try again.

But the thing is, I don't have cookies disabled (and Chrome reports that one cookie has been allowed and none were blocked for that domain). So I opened up the dev tools and saw:

This page includes a password or credit card input in a non-secure context. A warning has been added to the URL bar. For more information, see https://goo.gl/zmWq3m.

However, I can still login just fine on my home PC (Windows) running Chrome, and it's running the exact same version (56.0.2924.87).

Sooooo ... either this security thing is unrelated and I can't login for some other reason, or else Chrome is getting more picky about secure sites and because our wiki software is so old it doesn't like it. Can any other mac users confirm or deny that the wiki login is working for them?

Lament Icarus
09-14-2017, 04:15 PM
I know this post is old, but it's the only thing I could find. I just encountered the same issue when trying to login to the wiki. On a Mac, using Chrome, just as you were.

loramin
09-14-2017, 05:01 PM
Unfortunately I can't help you: I only use Macs when I have to for work, and since I've left the company I was at when I wrote my post I no longer have access to one.

I don't specifically remember solving the problem, but I also don't remember it bothering me, so either I just gave up or I did something like updating Chrome/OSX which fixed it as a side effect.

Sorry I'm not much help but good luck.

Bummey
09-14-2017, 05:33 PM
I got this for a while on my mac using Firefox despite it working for many months before hand. I tried disabling addons and altering browser settings and still got the cookie error. I ended up switching over to Chrome to edit the wiki. But it works for me now on Firefox, for some reason. Nothing changed on my end as far as I can tell.