PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect:Andromeda

joppykid
03-10-2017, 09:49 AM
Anyone else excited about this? I previously played the others ones on Xbox but this time around I pre-ordered it for PC since it has controller support now. I just hope my wife can hold out for a few days on having this baby so I can play for a little bit :D. I was reading a review talking about how huge the world is and to plan on playing through June til you finish haha.

Anyways, just curious if anyone else is getting it and what system they'll be playing it on!

AzzarTheGod
03-10-2017, 07:55 PM
Mass Effect is a beast. you have my blessing go forth and purchase.

Ahldagor
03-11-2017, 01:07 AM
Terrible series. Azzar, your cred is minimal levels. Why you slippin like Winter?

joppykid
03-19-2017, 10:21 AM
If you have Orgin Access you can download it now and play for 10 hours! You can also just buy it but I already have it pre-ordered and shipping so I'll get the 10 hours until Tuesday. So far its pretty sweet.

joppykid
03-21-2017, 09:02 AM
I'm enjoying it so far. I'm not sure what the deal is with people bitching about animations. https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2017/03/17/mass-effect-andromedas-facial-animations-are-flat-out-terrible/#4394d5963425 I've seen a few goofy facial expressions but to me they're kind of funny. The story and gameplay so far has been great.

joppykid
03-28-2017, 08:54 AM
What's everyone's take so far? I am about 38 hours in. There is almost too much to do haha. I like the crafting system in it a lot. I've messed around with different weapons and have respecced about 5 times already lol. I still need to check out the Multiplayer.

maskedmelon
03-28-2017, 08:57 AM
what kinda game is it jopps? i not heard of it and presently occupied with a online game, but interested in hearing more about it :3

joppykid
03-28-2017, 09:09 AM
It's an action adventure RPG. Open world once you get to a certain point in the game. This is the 4th game in the series though. This has been getting bad reviews because they decided to do it after the early release that was based on the first mission. Game completely opens up after that. I'm loving it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_Effect (here is the wiki for the series)

If you like games with big story-lines thats what the Mass Effect series is about, your decisions effect things later in the game etc. It's a fun series.

Nightbear
03-28-2017, 09:40 AM
i give it a 4/10

joppykid
03-28-2017, 10:15 AM
i give it a 4/10

Thank you for the thorough review. ;)

bigjerry
03-28-2017, 10:42 AM
what kinda game is it jopps? i not heard of it and presently occupied with a online game, but interested in hearing more about it :3

it's a really gay console game. it's enjoyed by ppl who like Bethesda games and ppl who saw the Assassin's Creed movie. if you like mass effect you don't hold one of these:

https://i.imgur.com/HRcKd9l.png

joppykid
03-28-2017, 02:56 PM
it's a really gay console game. it's enjoyed by ppl who like Bethesda games and ppl who saw the Assassin's Creed movie. if you like mass effect you don't hold one of these:

https://i.imgur.com/HRcKd9l.png

I think you're lost, this isn't RnF. You seem like a really cool guy though.

bigjerry
03-28-2017, 03:19 PM
I think you're lost, this isn't RnF. You seem like a really cool guy though.

thanks dude. im 98th percentile attractive for my age/racial cohort

Lune
03-28-2017, 03:24 PM
I enjoyed the first two mass effects, heard mixed things about the third and didn't really get into it, and hearing even more mixed things about Andromeda, it kinda sets off my cash grab alarms

bigjerry
03-28-2017, 03:33 PM
I enjoyed the first two mass effects

neil ciciriega, Bernie and Mass Effect 1 & 2 all fit in the same box yall

Lune
03-28-2017, 03:46 PM
neil ciciriega, Bernie and Mass Effect 1 & 2 all fit in the same box yall

Things that are popular and generally well-liked, and typically only dismissed on those merits by edgy teenagers and 30+ yr old ronery otakus?

bigjerry
03-28-2017, 03:52 PM
Things that are popular and generally well-liked, and typically only dismissed on those merits by edgy teenagers and 30+ yr old ronery otakus?

this like watching the headless horseman 360 slam-dunk his own pumpkin

Auvdar
03-28-2017, 04:07 PM
I enjoyed the first two mass effects, heard mixed things about the third and didn't really get into it, and hearing even more mixed things about Andromeda, it kinda sets off my cash grab alarms

This. I loved the trilogy, (even the 3'rd was great).

This really isn't a Mass Effect game. Just a bad looking space exploration game with the Mass Effect name on it. And no renegade/paragon meter? Bah.

I think the visuals will get patched, but otherwise it's just a mediocre game at best.

aMindAmok
03-29-2017, 08:36 PM
I contemplated acquiring this game but found myself leery of a 4th installment. Bethesda does make great games. But they have a habit of cocking up new installments of their popular franchises. So, I just bought Nier Automata instead.

bigjerry
03-29-2017, 11:21 PM
o mass effect is literally a bethesda game? i thought it was ea or somethin

Swish
03-30-2017, 04:46 AM
This is an EA Game (Bioware is just a sticker), why is anyone surprised about day 1 DLC and cash grabbing?

AzzarTheGod
03-30-2017, 04:52 AM
skip it? heard the crafting sucks

maskedmelonpai
03-30-2017, 09:16 AM
i never purchased DLC. butt I don't really do consoles much either. i don't fella play games I guess if I honest :c last console game i play was eso and d3 (awful once you realize you only think you having fun playing with yourself) before that. best console game i play in last 10 year is Eternal Sonata. it super good :3 i realized a long time ago that i just don't enjoy games without other people. i feel like I'd rather write or draw or read or watch a show than run around pressing buttons if i not with someone. I fine pressing buttons though if someone else pressing with me /shrugs

does this game have multiplayer?

bigjerry
03-30-2017, 11:17 AM
i never purchased DLC. butt I don't really do consoles much either. i don't fella play games I guess if I honest :c last console game i play was eso and d3 (awful once you realize you only think you having fun playing with yourself) before that. best console game i play in last 10 year is Eternal Sonata. it super good :3 i realized a long time ago that i just don't enjoy games without other people. i feel like I'd rather write or draw or read or watch a show than run around pressing buttons if i not with someone. I fine pressing buttons though if someone else pressing with me /shrugs

eternal sonata really? omg melon. did you play it coop?

AzzarTheGod
03-30-2017, 05:52 PM

ur a good person.

Yeah I think more people are enjoying premium TV series over these games.

Just installed Might and Magic 6.

Holy good game and nostalgia rush. This is the game that got everyone interested in the marketing for an open world MMO (EverQuest immediately followed after people had just completed this game)

Try it out. The sense of character development and roleplay is amazing in it. As another guy said "it's on par with Skyrim if not better"

Avail on steam as bundle or GOG/pirate

Lune
03-30-2017, 06:12 PM
ur a good person.

Yeah I think more people are enjoying premium TV series over these games.

Just installed Might and Magic 6.

Holy good game and nostalgia rush. This is the game that got everyone interested in the marketing for an open world MMO (EverQuest immediately followed after people had just completed this game)

Try it out. The sense of character development and roleplay is amazing in it. As another guy said "it's on par with Skyrim if not better"

Avail on steam as bundle or GOG/pirate

I never quite saw the appeal of Might and Magic, but Heroes of Might and Magic (3 specifically) is one of my all-time favorites

bigjerry
03-30-2017, 06:18 PM
hmm3 is dope. what's the hmm where ur in the windows maze screensaver walking around in 1st person with random encounters? is that 6? that one's gay. wrpgs are gay.

AzzarTheGod
03-30-2017, 06:19 PM
I never quite saw the appeal of Might and Magic, but Heroes of Might and Magic (3 specifically) is one of my all-time favorites

Might and Magic 6 was a legit critically acclaimed classic that marked the final renaissance of Western RPGs. And to a lesser extent the followup part of the storyline continued in MM 7 is as well. After that, nobody cares.

anything before 6 is trash.

appeal? risk/reward heavy heavy sense of danger (scary as fuck to be honest, spine chilling, eerie, ethereal, all at the same time), exploration (cant do this in any other game to the same extent you can in MM 6/MM7), massive world with no quest marks or map indicator, character development of the best of its kind. unrivaled outside of Skyrim which is not technically as good.

bigjerry
03-30-2017, 06:26 PM
Might and Magic 6 was a legit critically acclaimed classic that marked the final renaissance of Western RPGs. And to a lesser extent the followup part of the storyline continued in MM 7 is as well. After that, nobody cares.

anything before 6 is trash.

appeal? risk/reward heavy heavy sense of danger (scary as fuck to be honest, spine chilling, eerie, ethereal, all at the same time), exploration (cant do this in any other game to the same extent you can in MM 6/MM7), massive world with no quest marks or map indicator, character development of the best of its kind. unrivaled outside of Skyrim which is not technically as good.

"immersion" trash if ur trolling me with the skyrim refs I'm taking the bait family

hmm3 was actually fun. it was a game. not some gay thought experiment immersion demo.

AzzarTheGod
03-30-2017, 06:31 PM
forgot how downright scary and terrifying just being outside the city is, or even INSIDE the city....there is no protection. if you fuck up an overland battle or get in over your head your dead. too much stuff to list really.

Most modern comparison I'd give is Dark Souls. Which tried to capture a lot of what MM6 was but they are a completely different in a lot of ways. The danger and adventure, itemization, skill development system, character development systems, exploration, upgrades are all stuff that Dark Souls fell short on.

also a storyline that wove mideaval fantasy with a 16th century monarch with a rival interstellar alien race (WHOOPS SPOILED!!!!!!!!!!!) with eventual laser guns (SPOILED) and advanced technology? yikes kids dont know what they are missing today.

bigjerry
03-30-2017, 06:32 PM
its like I'm in the game mom *pops on 3d glasses*

AzzarTheGod
03-30-2017, 06:37 PM
no point playing anything else. if u didnt play 6 you really shouldnt load another game ever again. no joke u lose your game card for life.

if you purchased anything in the last 10-15 years and didnt play MM6 consider suicide fam slice them wrists up

AzzarTheGod
03-30-2017, 06:38 PM
i earned the right to try new games by having a game card obtained through MM6

did u? doubt it

bigjerry
03-30-2017, 06:38 PM
i done played it kid its gay. step to that

AzzarTheGod
03-30-2017, 06:39 PM
i done played it kid its gay. step to that

done

bigjerry
03-30-2017, 06:39 PM
game card more like u got a gay card from enjoying western filth

AzzarTheGod
03-30-2017, 06:40 PM
garbage

this was the renaissance that put west on the map for the final time

AzzarTheGod
03-30-2017, 07:12 PM
also a storyline that wove mideaval fantasy with a 16th century monarch with a rival interstellar alien race (WHOOPS SPOILED!!!!!!!!!!!) with eventual laser guns (SPOILED) and advanced technology

Woke. who you know in any other game that got it poppin with both swords and sorcery and guns? the spell system whooped enough ass ase as it is, ARMAGEDDON was a WIDE AREA death spell. Whats poppin now big boi.

i completed the game therefore i got it poppin with the guns. did u?

little taste for the Lune's out there who had their head up their ass.

Create Food: Costs 20 spell points. Creates food for all characters if they have less real food than would be created by this spell.

Normal: Creates 1 day + 1 day per 10 skill points.
Expert: Creates 1 day + 2 days per 10 skill points.
Master: Creates 1 day + 3 days per 10 skill points.

Golden Touch: Costs 25 spell points. Converts a single item selected in the inventory into gold equal to 40% of the item’s actual value. There is a 10% chance per skill point that this spell will succeed. If the spell fails, the item is broken.

Normal: Converts item to 40% gold value.
Expert: Converts item to 60% gold value.
Master: Converts item to 80% gold value.

Dispel Magic: Costs 30 spell points. Removes all spells on all creatures in the caster’s sight, both helpful and harmful. Recovery is reduced by an amount equal to skill in Light Magic.

Normal: Moderate recovery rate.
Expert: Faster recovery rate.
Master: Fastest recovery rate.

Slow: Costs 35 spell points. Halves the walking speed and doubles the recovery rate of a single monster. Slow makes sure a monster will attack half as often, and will have a harder time catching up if players choose to run. The duration of this spell is 3 minutes per skill point.

Destroy Undead: Costs 40 spell points. Calls upon the power of Heaven to undo the evil magic that extends the lives of the Undead, inflicting 16 points of damage plus 1-16 per skill point upon a single, unlucky target. This spell only works on the Undead.

Day of the Gods: Costs 45 spell points. Simultaneously casts Power, Meditation, Speed, Lucky Day, Precision, and Guardian Angel on all characters. Day of the Gods is cast according to caster's skill in Light Magic.

Normal: All spells cast at twice skill in Light Magic.
Expert: All spells cast at three times skill in Light Magic.
Master: All spells cast at four times skill in Light Magic.

Prismatic Light: Costs 50 spell points. Inflicts 25 points of damage plus 1 per skill point on all creatures in sight. This spell can only be cast indoors.

Hour of Power: Costs 55 spell points. Simultaneously casts Haste, Heroism, Shield, Stone Skin, and Bless on all characters according to caster's skill in Light Magic.

Normal: All spells cast at twice skill in Light Magic.
Expert: All spells cast at three times skill in Light Magic.
Master: All spells cast at four times skill in Light Magic.

Paralyze: Costs 60 spell points. Paralyze temporarily prevents a monster from moving or attacking for the duration of this spell, which is 3 minutes per skill point. Players are free to attack the helpless target - paralyzed monsters cannot retaliate.

Normal: Slow recovery rate.

Sun Ray: Costs 70 spell points. Sun Ray is the second most devastating spell in Enroth, concentrating the light of the sun on one unfortunate creature. Since Sun Ray must focus the light of the sun, it can only work outdoors and during the day. Sun Ray does 20 points of damage plus 1-20 per skill point.

Normal: Slow recovery rate.

Divine Intervention: Costs 75 spell points. Once per day during the rising or setting of the sun, casters may call upon the heavens to heal the characters of all damage, restore their spell points, and remove all adverse conditions. The gods exact a price, however, aging the caster 10 years for each Divine Intervention. Recovery from this spell is shortened with skill in Light Magic.

Normal: Works once per day.
Expert: Works twice per day.
Master: Works thrice per day.

that is like...1/100th of the aspect of the game.

AzzarTheGod
03-30-2017, 07:17 PM
just a little taste of how Japanese this game was.

Option between turn based combat, and real-time combat CHECK. owned.

Sick ass spell system that Japanese shitbags never had. CHECK. owned.

Game so difficult and development so deep, that you needed a 1,000 page guide to make sure you didn't gimp yourself? CHECK, owned.

Small taste here of a scrub in this thread not having a clue which spells are actually essential (probably Lune/bigJ) https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/41610-might-and-magic-vi-the-mandate-of-heaven/57639801

owned again. anyone else want a piece? can literally copy and paste stuff to dunk on any nerd who steps up to the plate. big J just got ate. is anyone left?

bigjerry
03-30-2017, 07:18 PM
yo idk what the fuk im talking about itt. what's the 1 with the overworld screen and like RTS combat?? that's the 1 I like

i thought u were referring to this game that got a Sega port with the hmm6 talk??? like a OLD ass game. but it's from 2011???? my brain messed up bro will u help me??

Lune
03-30-2017, 07:18 PM
Woke. who you know in any other game that got it poppin with both swords and sorcery and guns? the spell system whooped enough ass ase as it is, ARMAGEDDON was a WIDE AREA death spell. Whats poppin now big boi.

i completed the game therefore i got it poppin with the guns. did u?

little taste for the Lune's out there who had their head up their ass.

that is like...1/100th of the aspect of the game.

looks autistic, ill have to try it

AzzarTheGod
03-30-2017, 07:25 PM
yo idk what the fuk im talking about itt. what's the 1 with the overworld screen and like RTS combat?? that's the 1 I like

i thought u were referring to this game that got a Sega port with the hmm6 talk??? like a OLD ass game. but it's from 2011???? my brain messed up bro will u help me??

lmao i thought something was up when you kept mentioning Heroes but i wasnt gonna have no civil discourse about it.

Heroes 2 and 3 were def classic RTS games tho, hella fun there too. I was more of a Heroes 2 guy personally, used to play online against my pal on Dial-up. thats a whole nother rush of nostalgia im saving for later days.

maskedmelonpai
03-30-2017, 07:31 PM
eternal sonata really? omg melon. did you play it coop?

mhmm, i sure did and i even accidentally done beat it! it the second game i ever beat ^^

AzzarTheGod
03-30-2017, 07:41 PM
looks autistic, ill have to try it

Designers definitely don't put this kind of effort into itemizaton/skill systems today because it might hurt someones brain because they have to make a tradeoff or they can't have EVERYTHING.

There is still stuff that I learned in 2017 about the start of the game from watching a few mins Beginning video on youtube the other night. Its one of those games that either you hit success with, or you fail at. Example, there is a fucking NPC in the starting town that you can hire into your party and then you can interact with it to make it cast Town Portal and global teleport spells to the other cities.

None of my friends knew about that back in 1998, and the 1k page PRIMA guide doesn't mention it. We walked everywhere, no portals, ever. Brad McQuaid would have been proud of us.

as far as the sprites/graphics go, people say its like a book, it leaves it to your mind to detail your own mental picture. The world is actually so dangerous that you really don't pay any attention to sprites anyway, and when you discover a monolith or a weird cult temple in the middle of nowhere, you care about the temple, raiding the interior for rare artifact loot, and how much aggro you have, not how good the sprites are. It is a loot intensive game.

your mostly cycling bow-shots, running, kiting, hauling ass, healing or something along those lines. I preferred ranged bow combat, melee tanking wasn't my thing.

If the sprites bother you, best way to mitigate is to design a ranged-based party. All bow users/spell casters. but really, if you flip the turn-based switch on in melee range, the sprites are fine.

Worst case, you can use a character editor if you need a boost/correction because you built wrong or your party composition sucks.

Party composition, and being able to gimp yourself by selecting a shitty party, is also something modern RPG are lacking and won't be returning to.

The pleasure you get from rifling through a chest or bookcase in a temple/dungeon and getting some legit loot is something that maybe only Dark Souls tried to capture.

LAST THING if you check this out, might want to make sure RODERICK the knightly guy with the black hair is in your group/leader. His voiceover effect when you loot and discover a big item is a huge part of the game. we had our 7th grade class saying it.

bigjerry
03-30-2017, 07:51 PM
Designers definitely don't put this kind of effort into itemizaton/skill systems today because it might hurt someones brain because they have to make a tradeoff or they can't have EVERYTHING.

There is still stuff that I learned in 2017 about the start of the game from watching a few mins Beginning video on youtube the other night. Its one of those games that either you hit success with, or you fail at. Example, there is a fucking NPC in the starting town that you can hire into your party and then you can interact with it to make it cast Town Portal and global teleport spells to the other cities.

None of my friends knew about that back in 1998, and the 1k page PRIMA guide doesn't mention it. We walked everywhere, no portals, ever. Brad McQuaid would have been proud of us.

as far as the sprites/graphics go, people say its like a book, it leaves it to your mind to detail your own mental picture. The world is actually so dangerous that you really don't pay any attention to sprites anyway, and when you discover a monolith or a weird cult temple in the middle of nowhere, you care about the temple, raiding the interior for rare artifact loot, and how much aggro you have, not how good the sprites are. It is a loot intensive game.

your mostly cycling bow-shots, running, kiting, hauling ass, healing or something along those lines. I preferred ranged bow combat, melee tanking wasn't my thing.

If the sprites bother you, best way to mitigate is to design a ranged-based party. All bow users/spell casters. but really, if you flip the turn-based switch on in melee range, the sprites are fine.

Worst case, you can use a character editor if you need a boost/correction because you built wrong or your party composition sucks.

Party composition, and being able to gimp yourself by selecting a shitty party, is also something modern RPG are lacking and won't be returning to.

The pleasure you get from rifling through a chest or bookcase in a temple/dungeon and getting some legit loot is something that maybe only Dark Souls tried to capture.

LAST THING if you check this out, might want to make sure RODERICK the knightly guy with the black hair is in your group/leader. His voiceover effect when you loot and discover a big item is a huge part of the game. we had our 7th grade class saying it.

my woke detector beeping tagged for later reading

AzzarTheGod
03-31-2017, 02:40 AM
Once per day during the rising or setting of the sun, casters may call upon the heavens to heal the characters of all damage, restore their spell points, and remove all adverse conditions. The gods exact a price, however, aging the caster 10 years for each Divine Intervention.

One time during a fun run, I spell-hacked to give myself large mana pools.

So I was doing a fuck load of casting on my cleric. needless to say, my guys were very very very old.

KillerTofu
03-31-2017, 03:07 AM
my face is tired O.O

AzzarTheGod
03-31-2017, 03:20 AM
just loaded up MM6

not tired when you have good games to play. Andromelakabloca is hot garbage, this thread is now about RPG classics.

AzzarTheGod
03-31-2017, 03:28 AM
Anyway, I'm leaving New Sorpigal now, but before I do, I discovered a fun trick. It turns out if you stand on the bank porch and jump, you can clip through the balcony above you enough to click on the room up there. That means you can get to the Expert Air trainer without using Fly/Jump. I didn't know that until today. I've never seen anyone mention it before. I just decided I'd give it a try to see, and it worked.

There are about a million more cooler easter eggs in this game and EQ style shortcuts and unintended game manipulation ala classic EQ. These guys are constantly finding secret bonus items hidden in places, weird exploits (plane clipping exploit for fast travel) and other stuff.

Traps like the fireball trap in the Temple of Baa normally fire at a set rate. However, if you advance time with the rest menu, the cooldown will reset without removing any fired projectiles. This means you can effectively cause multiple instances of the trap to fire at the same time. I first discovered this when I got hit by three fireballs within on second.

Woke. Again, people replay and keep finding new mechanics and dying accidentally because of them.

Does Androfuckcashgrabalacka have any of that? Didn't think so. keep drooling on your on-rails shitass world exploring.

saujee
04-08-2017, 07:28 AM
PC all the way. Piratebay that Sh!t for free and save yourself a few bucks to buy a new game on the Nintendo Switch. Good Deal.