PDA

View Full Version : Brand new install, still get Error 1017

ffemtmike
03-10-2017, 09:05 AM
I just wiped my desktop today and loaded Windows 10. I had been running Win 7 before, and kept either getting the eqgame not found, dsetuip.dll not found, or error 1017 (once I stopped getting the other 2). I also tried installing the files digitally rather than my disks with no luck, and using the emulator install with the same results.

The wipe was a complete new install to include wiping the slave drive. I Disabled anti-virusand firewall, and updated the videocard driver manually. Installed the game exactly as the 'getting started guide' tells you too. Fresh install, extract V44 files, remove the 5 files, add 'patchme' to the exe. shortcut, run as admin and compmode for SP2. I am still getting the error code. Yes, I even tried running the .bat file shortcute and get the same thing.

I cannot figure out what I am missing. I did the same install on my wife's laptop (Win 8)and it worked the first time. Can someone help? I've done an install now over 12 times with no luck. This also included rebooting, re-extracting V44, shaking an angry-fist, and threatening to use fire.

ffemtmike
03-11-2017, 04:20 PM
Sorry this is a report, didn't see my last post took.