PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Windows 10 Install, still get error 1017

ffemtmike
03-09-2017, 10:43 PM
So I upgraded my PC from windows 7 to windows 10 today. Was already getting the error 1017 with all my drivers showing current.

I did a full wipe/format of ALL my drives and freshly installed windows 10. Downloaded the game exactly as before (and to my wife's laptop, which works perfect for the game the very first install), added the files, removed the 5 as required, added the 'patchme' to the shortcut, compatability for windows SP2, turned off my firewall and malware, and launched as an admin. I have done everything the forum says to do.

Still get error 1017. I don't get it....what am I doing wrong?

Now when I do try and launch the titanium.bat, I get the 'cannot find eqgame'. I have even rebooted and re-installed the V44 files again with no success.

Can anyone help, tried an install now over a dozen times.............

Kenshin
04-02-2017, 07:43 PM
im having the exact same problem... i have 10 just tried to install this and error 1017 over and over and over.. its getting old... i reinstalled everything multiple times.. read all these damn posts and googled it cant find a single fix. i can get to the server screen but when i try go to the server it takes me back to log in screen then i click on server again and get error 1017

Ménage à trois
04-06-2017, 03:18 PM
I just posted in a different thread, but had this issue constantly before. The only fix (for me) was to join the 2.5ghz wireless band versus the 5ghz wireless band on my access point. I swapped access points (to no avail) and I have no idea why, but it's the only thing that consistently worked for me.

Necromis
08-28-2017, 02:19 AM
friend is trying to get this installed onto his windows 10 machine and have tried all possible solutions. yet cannot connect to this server. he can connect to EZ server but not P99 all steps done correct and correct files removed. no anti virus or anything running. this has to be something with server side or just personal computer?