PDA

View Full Version : Athletic Hijab

Ahldagor
03-09-2017, 02:50 AM
Solid business move in my opinion. Other opinions?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/39205965/nike-becomes-first-major-brand-to-launch-hijab-for-women

Baler
03-09-2017, 03:26 AM
First I believe it's stupid that woman in that culture or religious enstilled parts of the world have to cover their heads/faces up like that. Now don't get me wrong i'm not saying let's start burning a religion's sacred texts but it's not the same time period that those texts were written.

Now on the topic,.. Yes it's a good business idea to create quality garments to suit the purpose. Especially for fitness focused activities using the proper material on your body helps performance. One issue I see is the nike symbol and where it is located. Not sure if they're walking billboards or targets for 'attack'. I think some radical idiots will get all hot about the symbol or some such baloney.

Swish
03-09-2017, 03:47 AM
I strongly believe muslim women are discouraged from taking part in sporting activity in a lot of their communities globally...can't have them asking for equality now can we?

I think if anything anyone who shows up at the next Olympics or wherever wearing one of these will be a misguided Western convert who has less cultural ties to being forced to have 4-5 kids.

katrik
03-09-2017, 05:24 AM
Islam is cancer.

Samoht
03-09-2017, 11:35 AM
Cash grab by Nike. I don't know which is more appalling: women forced to wear a headscarf or the Nike swoosh on the side of her face.