PDA

View Full Version : Red Renaissance

VZ_Xanit K'ven
03-08-2017, 10:26 AM
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267771

Keep your hate, only optimists need to comment

Baler
03-08-2017, 11:36 AM
I think red is the way it is for a reason.
This crew of people who want it wiped are failing to absorb the big picture. Y'all can make all the anom alt accounts you want. This is nilbog's and rogean's server(s) they get the final say and they know who is making anom alt accounts.

Instead of trying to destroy let's build and promote a healthy active environment.

Squire
03-08-2017, 11:49 AM
Translation: your opinions are wrong goyim, and anyone who disagrees with me is a sock account. Stop discussing things goy.

Baler
03-08-2017, 11:56 AM
Translation: your opinions are wrong goyim, and anyone who disagrees with me is a sock account. Stop discussing things goy.
The pot calling the kettle black.

TIL: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection
---
On the topic of the OP, Which is a link to a thread in server chat. Where in which i've already spouted my 2 cents...
You don't find it a tad bit suspicious that a person with 7 posts who joined march 2017 is posting about a pvp server in the wrong section of the forums?
To me it seems an awful lot like the typical red section hooligans trying to ruffle a few feathers to try and prove something. As this sort of thing has happened in the past numerous times.

VZ_Xanit K'ven
03-08-2017, 12:36 PM
This is nilbog's and rogean's server(s) they get the final say and they know who is making anom alt accounts.

i am not making anon alt accounts, I forgot my pw and made that new account

then i realized i was still logged in with internet explorer in the old one

but i am being consistent, only voted once in the poll so chillax

I get that you are against it, but lets see how it plays out, ist Nilbog/rogean's call one way or the other

already people pledging upwards of 500 USD and the poll isnt even a day old

Tassador
03-08-2017, 01:17 PM
Already used a blue account to petition this shit post off blue and moved to red rnf. Good luck brother :)

Doctor Jeff
03-08-2017, 01:20 PM
I voted 6 times in the poll

Qtip
03-08-2017, 02:16 PM
This crew of people who want it wiped are failing to absorb the big picture. Y'all can make all the anom alt accounts you want. This is nilbog's and rogean's server(s) they get the final say and they know who is making anom alt accounts.

Instead of trying to destroy let's build and promote a healthy active environment.

If blue didnt have a guide for a year or 2, how would you think the community of the blue server would be today? Check out rotations, races and all the rules that are forced on the blue server because 1 guild would monopolize the whole server.

Squire
03-08-2017, 02:31 PM
If blue didnt have a guide for a year or 2, how would you think the community of the blue server would be today? Check out rotations, races and all the rules that are forced on the blue server because 1 guild would monopolize the whole server.

Very valid point

Jazzy
03-08-2017, 03:23 PM
Fuck all ya'll

georgie
03-08-2017, 03:56 PM
Let's be real, its about it being velious.

Cwall 146.0
03-08-2017, 04:00 PM
actually it's because the staff abandoned it before it even launched

Doctor Jeff
03-08-2017, 04:03 PM

I just want a new timeline pvp server because I think it would be a lot of fun to play a new timeline and I prefer pvp servers.

That's really all we're asking for.

Gustoo
03-08-2017, 04:07 PM
Just need to go classic era to support item loot and balance in general. No doubt about it. Gotta go discord or classic lock with legacy events after timeline eliminates them. I want to see long term occupation challenges at the evil eye when the bone is dropping for a week, or big fights to get players russet gear and stuff.

Just ask why any new player would play red right now over blue. Just try to think of one good reason and u will know you got a problem. You can't justify playing here right now.

Gardur
03-08-2017, 08:23 PM
Reason one: I can kill other players

Squire
03-08-2017, 08:55 PM
Reason one: I can kill other players

Sure, but when people see that there is only 30 people online it tends to instill the cyclical notion that "nobody plays red so I'm not going to", so we need to address the other issues ailing the population least you run out of players to kill.

Swish
03-08-2017, 10:23 PM
I still think there was a conspiracy to see red fail.

Mentioned it a few times now but the old XP bonus system was good, we got up to 250 players or so. Someone at the top decides they're switching it off and we're going to blue XP rates.

Pop dives from 250 to 70-80 overnight. Blue players go back to blue, the draw for them leveling something quickly on red is gone.

One night the servers get patched. The old XP bonus is BACK! Red Dawn begins to thrive again, Heartbrand says he's seen people that had been missing for months but finally there's players to do raids with again and good times are ahead.

The next night its decided that switching the XP bonus back on was "a mistake", pop dives back down to ~70.

Red Dawn disbands.

Server flatlines for a while.

Scaling XP bonus is added, server jumps back up to 150-180.

Cross server trading is banned, again blue players looking to switch now have even less incentive to play because they can't trade to red. Also farmers on red looking to make blue plat are no longer playing because their interests are cut.

Pop at about 100 or less, Velious is released. Bigger world with smaller population. Zone after zone of nobody in it.

Sleeper gets woke after everyone stops caring.

Then nothing, no GM events, no love, no promotion, no nothing. A few of us on the forums try here and there to put up a recruitment thread but it gets moderated. There's a thread in blue forums right now speaking bad of red, that hasn't been moderated.

They want it to fail. That's the only conclusion I can come to at this point. The high points were great - but the rug got pulled out from the population a few times at the dev side and we never got it back.

MerkelMacron
03-08-2017, 10:42 PM
the old XP bonus system was good, we got up to 250 players or so. S

amen, good write up Swish

250 players in Kunark era.... sometimes when nostalgia hits, thats what I am dreaming about.

Squire
03-08-2017, 11:17 PM
I still think there was a conspiracy to see red fail.

This. 100%. Part of me, however, wants to attribute this to Hanlon's razer (Hanlon's razor - Wikipedia) rather than a concerted effort or conspiracy, but stranger things have happened.

HippoNipple
03-09-2017, 12:08 AM
If you take the population of Project 1999 as a whole the percentage of PvPers is higher than it was back on live. Red isn't an issue. People just want to make the best of the PvP server as they can.

Maybe there is a server rule set and timeline that could bring back 300-400 consistent players for a while but if you look at this server bringing 100-150 at peak times it isn't terrible. Especially when you look at the effort and mistakes this server has seen. It is pretty astonishing people play on this server at all.

Beastagoog
03-09-2017, 12:47 AM
Red99 is a hypered race to gear - simple as that.
With a few items held sacred. (Sow swords,pd robes, vuulak lewt etc)

You could literally level and gear a toon better than 95% of toons on blue in 3 months from scratch if you joined the current raiding guild. That's why the concept of gearing is broke on red99 and it turns into an addiction. 97/100 people are there for this reason (myself being one, I enjoyed seeing content I never got to see)....and you end up with 3-4-5 geared toons.

PvP comes probably in about 3rd for reasons people play:

1. Easy to gear
2. Easy to level
3. Pvp

Beastagoog
03-09-2017, 12:49 AM
I actually don't know how people are still raiding velious tbh. Shit was so fucking boring after the first few months.

Tassador
03-09-2017, 10:22 AM
Pvp shouldn't be the 3rd reason out of 3 to play. And sorry farzo is right but it's because the type of player that red attracted. Guys who don't care if there 0-100 just want to be drones and loot up.

The guy just admitted what none of you do you're here for items. I was here to get items to run you off the server, but got runned off by item whores. If that makes any sense...

Mafakka
03-09-2017, 11:03 AM
I tried to breathe fresh life into the server. Didn't work. Good luck.

MerkelMacron
03-09-2017, 11:19 AM
I tried to breathe fresh life into the server. Didn't work. Good luck.

follow the link and show your support

Can you imagine if the community indicates a willingness to donate, say 3k USD, that they just let it go to waste?

the money is there up for grabs, all they gotta do is copy-paste a new red server (r17) and restart time-line

no CSR staff, no moderation, no nothing required

if it takes 2 people 2 days of work to set it up, that is still 100 USD per hour, thats decent

all they need do is set up the fundraiser campaign, set the goal to XXXX USD and watch the support pour in

Doctor Jeff
03-09-2017, 11:49 AM
send all donations to doctorjeff@paypal.com

Squire
03-09-2017, 12:15 PM
follow the link and show your support

Can you imagine if the community indicates a willingness to donate, say 3k USD, that they just let it go to waste?

the money is there up for grabs, all they gotta do is copy-paste a new red server (r17) and restart time-line

no CSR staff, no moderation, no nothing required

if it takes 2 people 2 days of work to set it up, that is still 100 USD per hour, thats decent

all they need do is set up the fundraiser campaign, set the goal to XXXX USD and watch the support pour in

While I support your enthusiasm and also want to see red get the development attention it needs I think you're going about this the wrong way. There are very real and legal/contractual reasons why we cannot essentially purchase a product from rogean and Co, nor can we necessarily donate to get what we want.

What needs to be demonstrated is that there is a large and interested community of about 300 people who want a red server option that perhaps do not current play at all. That is misconception number 1, that red failed because nobody wants it. The second misconception that needs addressed is the meme that a red failed exclusively due to community toxicity and not due to developmental sabotage at worst or neglect at best.

No dialog with staff or the blue community will be productive until these can be established.

With that said I sincerely doubt we will be the a new red server, due to whatever obligations the staff has to daybreak games, at the moment the best can we do is lobby for a reboot or augmentation of the existing server.

HippoNipple
03-09-2017, 12:24 PM
While I support your enthusiasm and also want to see red get the development attention it needs I think you're going about this the wrong way. There are very real and legal/contractual reasons why we cannot essentially purchase a product from rogean and Co, nor can we necessarily donate to get what we want.

What needs to be demonstrated is that there is a large and interested community of about 300 people who want a red server option that perhaps do not current play at all. That is misconception number 1, that red failed because nobody wants it. The second misconception that needs addressed is the meme that a red failed exclusively due to community toxicity and not due to developmental sabotage at worst or neglect at best.

No dialog with staff or the blue community will be productive until these can be established.

With that said I sincerely doubt we will be the a new red server, due to whatever obligations the staff has to daybreak games, at the moment the best can we do is lobby for a reboot or augmentation of the existing server.

Daybreak has stopped Rogean from creating new servers.

The only way to create new servers is if someone else did it and Rogean was nice enough to share his code.

If Rogean shared his code and other servers opened he would lose a lot of people and it would damage his ego. I truly believe he would rather Project 1999 be mediocre than allow other servers to open and be successful.

Mafakka
03-09-2017, 12:24 PM
Don't you realize that less than 1/7th of the population played on PvP servers on live? The numbers are pretty similar on p99 for the same reasons.

Squire
03-09-2017, 12:27 PM
Don't you realize that less than 1/7th of the population played on PvP servers on live? The numbers are pretty similar on p99 for the same reasons.

Nobody is suggesting the pvp population would be as robust as Blue but it's evident that things like experience rate, pvp level range, etc have had dramatic impact on population size.

Gustoo
03-09-2017, 12:30 PM
I think the PvP on eq with item loot combined with more challenging world environment offers a unique experience other current games do not.

Blue experience isn't quite as novel. The fact that many players never played PvP is reason for them to come over and see eq in a new light. Game is no longer just about mana and hp...you get to look at the game completely differently.

So there is no reason red game wouldn't bring decent numbers but it's a fairly neglected sesspool right now. Transfer toons off and roll it back to classic and add item loot. Then everyone has reason to play.

Mafakka
03-09-2017, 12:32 PM
How dramatic? Back to the numbers it had pre exp boost? The issue now is that the server has reached the end of its time. No progression past velious, and you've got your neck beards who get off by ruining the experience for new players. At this point the only way to make it is to eat enough dick or buy enough rmt shit to survive.

Gustoo
03-09-2017, 12:35 PM
I think the PvP on eq with item loot combined with more challenging world environment offers a unique experience other current games do not.

Blue experience isn't quite as novel. The fact that many players never played PvP is reason for them to come over and see eq in a new light. Game is no longer just about mana and hp...you get to look at the game completely differently.

So there is no reason red game wouldn't bring decent numbers but it's a fairly neglected sesspool right now. Transfer toons off and roll it back to classic and add item loot. Then everyone has reason to play.

If it was classic this would happen:

People would play to get out of stagnant velious era where all cool old world zones are obsolete.

I would log on and slowly level up a wizard to level 12 probably take me a month at 1hr a week.

I would continue to log on on hour a week to try and blast people and steal their robes.

Squire
03-09-2017, 12:36 PM
How dramatic? Back to the numbers it had pre exp boost? The issue now is that the server has reached the end of its time. No progression past velious, and you've got your neck beards who get off by ruining the experience for new players. At this point the only way to make it is to eat enough dick or buy enough rmt shit to survive.

My assertion, as it is every time I do my biannual two day return to the forums is that while rogean and company have a hard lined non wipe policy red server history is fraught with so many issues one can almost come to the conclusion that a deliberate effort to harm server growth and player retention and thus may warrent revisiting a server wipe/reboot if a compelling argument could be made.

MerkelMacron
03-09-2017, 12:57 PM
The fundraiser seemed like a good idea because the developers seem to have decided that the nuclear option (wipe) is out of the question,

whenever I check the forum every other month everyone was begging for a wipe-it-clean, since late 2015

the rest of the convo on here is just 2 trannys and everyone else saying drugs and/or didnt read

Mafakka
03-09-2017, 12:58 PM
Who'd be the beneficiary of the fundraiser?

MerkelMacron
03-09-2017, 12:59 PM
Who'd be the beneficiary of the fundraiser?

P99

Mafakka
03-09-2017, 01:02 PM
So what exactly is the goal? Give them three hundred dollars to stay a new server?

VZ_Xanit K'ven
03-09-2017, 01:06 PM
So what exactly is the goal? Give them three hundred dollars to stay a new server?

Let the officials at p99 set up a fundraiser campaign tied to a new r99 Server and the community donates to the project once the links is cross posted to the forum

there could be around 3000 to 4000 USD on the table

(poll indicates around 2k USD after 1.5days already)

I suggest, we shouldnt make things complicated with demands / conditions: make item loot, teams, deities, this or that. Just give us a fresh Server and reset time lime. Not spam them and make noise, Keep it sober & signifcant in the communication.

Mafakka
03-09-2017, 01:17 PM
Fair. I'd reach out to nilbog or rogean first before trying to strong arm a revolution to see if it's something they'd be interested in though

Gustoo
03-09-2017, 01:17 PM
I have a hard time not making it complicated what if they did a guaranteed to fail 8 lvl PvP range no item loot teams server? Would be a waste and better off sticking with current server.

Squire
03-09-2017, 01:18 PM
I agree with your premises but the prevailing notion is that rogean is prevented from launching new servers from a non compete agreement with daybreak,

Gustoo
03-09-2017, 01:20 PM
In which case rolling back existing server is only and may be best option. Also discord server is there maybe can be used for its intended purpose.

Also where does this daybreak speculation come from anyways. No official word from anyone.

Mafakka
03-09-2017, 01:26 PM
In which case rolling back existing server is only and may be best option. Also discord server is there maybe can be used for its intended purpose.

Also where does this daybreak speculation come from anyways. No official word from anyone.

It's none of our business and they don't owe us an explanation for anything. They could delete the servers tomorrow and disappear if they wanted to.

Squire
03-09-2017, 01:29 PM

Its speculated that they signed an NDA in addition to a non compete clause, thus the radio silence. How long does that contract last? No idea, but I figured with the landmark shutdown mow would be an opportune time to ask.

Gustoo
03-09-2017, 02:53 PM
It's none of our business and they don't owe us an explanation for anything. They could delete the servers tomorrow and disappear if they wanted to.

Yeah great attitude.

Mafakka
03-09-2017, 02:54 PM
Reality. Do you even know Rogean? Like, have you had a conversation with him? Or even nilbog?

Squire
03-09-2017, 03:41 PM
Reality. Do you even know Rogean? Like, have you had a conversation with him? Or even nilbog?

Given that he wouldn't offer a statement to heartbrand for thousands of dollars donated to charity it would seem a conversation is a tall order

Gustoo
03-09-2017, 04:17 PM
It does seem like a tall order. I don't expect the guy to have time to talk to the thousands of goof balls on the web forum he hosts individually. I like to see gm activity to know that folks who can make changes are active and see the vibes of the community. State of the union would be great. We all know that we are totally powerless and insignificant and need no reminder mafakka. This whole operation is "at will"

But I like PvP and want to see it helped so I do what I can to spread the gospel. I would do more and have volunteered to be a guide and have not received a response so this is the maximum level of involvement I am permitted.

Cwall 146.0
03-09-2017, 04:24 PM
rogean is legally obligated not to open other servers

why is this so hard to swallow

Gustoo
03-09-2017, 04:32 PM
Even if that is true he has a perfectly ripe red server ready for harvest and re planting.

Squire
03-09-2017, 04:35 PM
rogean is legally obligated not to open other servers

why is this so hard to swallow

While I haven't seen this confirmed anywhere I assume this is the case and contractual agreements with daybreak would explain alot. With that said most people just want the development of the existing server or at least some communication.

Llandris
03-09-2017, 04:55 PM
We had a talk about hardcoded teams the other day. Ideas are still being tossed around. 2 vs 3 teams, language restrictions, vanilla content only, item loot, rolling restarts etc. This is not me saying that it's going to happen, that's ultimately up to Rogean plus required dev time. But the talk is still alive and active between csr and dev.

Gustoo
03-09-2017, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the update Llandris. Hugely appreciated. Keep up the good work. Best game in town.

When making decisions please keep in mind the low level game that in some cases can be just as enjoyable as the maximum level game.

For example on a vanilla content rallos zek rules item loot server, some guy may make a twink rogue to kill lowbies in unrest.

Even when wearing the best gear in the game during this period, this player is killable and the prospect of looting any of this stuff is a huge motivation for people within his level range to fight him and figure out how to overpower him.

On the other hand when this guy is unlootable he mainly wastes the time of people trying to level up, and they make the wise decision to avoid encounters with these guys since his goal is to kill players and theirs is to level up and get stronger and find cool new items.

With item loot the interests of player killers and lowbies coincide to encourage fighting and make these engagements worth while. The true lowbies risk nothing but the cloth and ring mail they have collected along the way and the twink risks much to have the advantage. It makes it fun.

Squire
03-09-2017, 06:31 PM
We had a talk about hardcoded teams the other day. Ideas are still being tossed around. 2 vs 3 teams, language restrictions, vanilla content only, item loot, rolling restarts etc. This is not me saying that it's going to happen, that's ultimately up to Rogean plus required dev time. But the talk is still alive and active between csr and dev.

Really appreciate the reply. Is there any stock to the rumor that the p99 staff, rogean etc are legally obligated to not launch new content/servers? I understand if you cannot answer or if you do not know but what have you heard otherwise? Any update on the Discord server? Thanks!

Sear
03-09-2017, 07:09 PM

This sounds like the perfect red server.

Will send each of you a fruit basket if this ever happens.

VZ_Xanit K'ven
03-09-2017, 07:24 PM

any chance the community can foster and accelerate the decision making process on the side of your team?

the fundraiser is not a attention grab, its in reach and we can make it happen.

Tassador
03-09-2017, 11:06 PM

Lol give that little hope brother keep the fish swimming :)

HippoNipple
03-09-2017, 11:58 PM

It's been going on for several years now. You posting this and giving these guys hope is cruel.

Swish
03-10-2017, 12:25 AM
It's been going on for several years now. You posting this and giving these guys hope is cruel.

Soon guys, keep dreaming, coming soon.

Cwall 146.0
03-10-2017, 12:49 AM
yea tbh i've seen a GM say the same thing about another server over a dozen times over the past 3-4 years and look where we are now

MerkelMacron
03-10-2017, 01:11 AM
this time there are 4000 USD up for grabs though

thats a lot of coors light or whatever rogean drinks

derpcake
03-10-2017, 05:06 AM

The discord supercast thread was created september 2015. Its march 2017.

This is me saying its not going to happen.

MerkelMacron
03-10-2017, 05:17 AM
money talks amerikanski

Beastro
03-10-2017, 06:36 AM

It's the way it is because this community is largely shit. You cannot fix it while 90% of the assholes keep playing on it.

It's like cleaning out a pool full of shit only to dump it right back when you're done.

The only way to solve the problem is to invert the number of assholes to decent people, but making this community a weak, marginalized minority like dedicated Pks were on RZ isn't going to happen.

heartbrand
03-10-2017, 08:51 AM

derpcake
03-10-2017, 01:00 PM
It's the way it is because this community is largely shit.

Lets keep up blue until there are 30 desperate die-hard neckbeards left.

I'm sure they'll be cool and normal people.

kotton05
03-10-2017, 01:11 PM
I imagine the last 30 left on blue would be even worse than the last 30 on red.

Tassador
03-10-2017, 01:45 PM
Lets keep up blue until there are 30 desperate die-hard neckbeards left.

I'm sure they'll be cool and normal people.

What are you talking about? There currently is 1000 plus try hard butthurt social misfits on blue. At least the red scums you could kill.

derpcake
03-10-2017, 03:32 PM
What are you talking about? There currently is 1000 plus try hard butthurt social misfits on blue. At least the red scums you could kill.

a great deal of blue people have yet to discover FQ