PDA

View Full Version : Supreme's Raid Solution.

Supreme
02-05-2010, 12:06 PM
I have read the comments and the "designs" of many of the greatest minds of Project 1999 but the core problem of any raid system is the spawn timer itself. And while i can appreciate that people want to enjoy "Classic Everquest" to the fullest degree I must also state that we are not doing anything new other than reliving glory days of a time now beyond us. As such i offer my panacea for the problem.

Vox & Nagafen

Place a "NPC" in each of the Dragons Lairs. Implement a NO DROP and LORE item that randomly drops from Fire/Ice Giants and level 47+ Named Spawns. This item can be anything..a key..a shard..a page..but make the drop RARE for Named ULTRA RARE for Non-named Fire Giants. Put Fire/Ice Giants on the same spawn timer as the rest of the zone. Then put the "NPC" on a 2 hour spawn timer. Turn in the shard will SPAWN said dragon.

Plane of Fear,Hate and Sky

Once the entire zone has been killed and the specific God is dead the entire zone respawns in 6 hours. If the zone is not cleared then the entire zone respawns 1 time ever 7 days. This allows for those multiple nights in Sky trying to get to Isle 8.

Issues

Competition

Competition will not be relevant as the targets available to raid will almost always be up but will still require effort on a guild to provide the components to conduct the raids.

Loot

Lets face it. This is a emulation server with a VERY limited population. Even if we eclipse 1000+ players with the release of kunark we will still be very limited. Loot will be important but as with our current server economy will not be a major disruption.

Scheduling

This also will allow guilds that have schedules to determine a time that everyone can be assembled to do raids.

One point brought up to me is the chance that a guild may do Hate..then Fear then PoSky then farm out vox/nagafen. If there are individuals with that much time to play for 24 hours straight for the entire existence of the Project 1999 server then they deserve a gold star. Respawn the planes every 6 hours on a full clear and respawn the Dragon "Idols/Totem/NPC" every 2 hours will alleviate the problem.

Trimm
02-05-2010, 12:21 PM
We have new raid rules, too late.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2670

Supreme
02-05-2010, 12:26 PM
You really think this will help Divinity?

Or the server?

Shads
02-05-2010, 12:30 PM
You really think this will help Divinity?

Or the server?

Yes.

Trimm
02-05-2010, 12:46 PM
Yes I do. Divinity is new to end-game raid content, this is true. We are still working the kinks out of mobilizing, buffing, pulling and breaking zones in a timely fashion.

IB beat us to the fire giants last night because they were ready and we weren't. It sucks, but it happens and they will spawn again.

I would rather stand my ground with the 'big guilds' and compete for spawns than know a week in advance what raid mob i'm allowed to kill. We are going to get beat, this is true, but we're also going to beat other guilds and the rewards are that much more sweet.

drplump
02-05-2010, 12:50 PM
NO DROP and LORE

Surely this will make sure each guild only gets one!

Supreme
02-05-2010, 12:53 PM
Yes I do. Divinity is new to end-game raid content, this is true. We are still working the kinks out of mobilizing, buffing, pulling and breaking zones in a timely fashion.

IB beat us to the fire giants last night because they were ready and we weren't. It sucks, but it happens and they will spawn again.

I would rather stand my ground with the 'big guilds' and compete for spawns than know a week in advance what raid mob i'm allowed to kill. We are going to get beat, this is true, but we're also going to beat other guilds and the rewards are that much more sweet.

fair enough.

Shads
02-05-2010, 12:56 PM
Once the entire zone has been killed and the specific God is dead the entire zone respawns in 6 hours. If the zone is not cleared then the entire zone respawns 1 time ever 7 days. This allows for those multiple nights in Sky trying to get to Isle 8.

This part would cause more problems than the current solution. You could literaly have your entire guild sitting in the zone 20 mins before pops start since you will know the exact time it is going to respawn. Variance > This

Supreme
02-05-2010, 12:58 PM
This part would cause more problems than the current solution. You could literaly have your entire guild sitting in the zone 20 mins before pops start since you will know the exact time it is going to respawn. Variance > This

Zone spawns at the same time. So you would have to be logged out or kicked out when the zone respawns.

Regardless in another couple months it wont matter.

Yellow
02-05-2010, 01:04 PM
These are great ideas but i like the new raid rules.

Shads
02-05-2010, 01:07 PM
Yes this is better than the rotation, I agree but http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2670 is even better imho.

Supreme
02-05-2010, 01:08 PM
Surely this will make sure each guild only gets one!

While it is possible for guilds to have several shards the time to farm those shards would equate into the same time spent "camping" the boss.

The difference would be that you can turn in the shards to spawn the boss and not have to wait 7 days for the "NPC/Idol/Totem" to return.

Supreme
02-05-2010, 01:09 PM
Yes this is better than the rotation, I agree but http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2670 is even better imho.

Actually this encourages FFA /ooc pickup raids.

Shads
02-05-2010, 01:10 PM
While it is possible for guilds to have several shards the time to farm those shards would equate into the same time spent "camping" the boss.

The difference would be that you can turn in the shards to spawn the boss and not have to wait 7 days for the "NPC/Idol/Totem" to return.

But how is this fair? One guild can hold a spawn/camp for weeks by handing the camp off to other guild members. This happens with EE all the time.

Supreme
02-05-2010, 01:13 PM
But how is this fair? One guild can hold a spawn/camp for weeks by handing the camp off to other guild members. This happens with EE all the time.

There are several of the spawns that can be done for shard/page/token farming.

And if a guild is farming Fire Giants for a whole week. That means they are not at the other dragon, Pofear/Pohate/PoSky.

drplump
02-05-2010, 01:45 PM

You need 15 random people to even lay claim to a boss and from then 30 minutes to gather everyone.

There are several of the spawns that can be done for shard/page/token farming.

And if a guild is farming Fire Giants for a whole week. That means they are not at the other dragon, Pofear/Pohate/PoSky.

It takes 2-3 people to kill FGs what else ya got I am sure its the same.

Salty
02-05-2010, 01:49 PM
Supreme is doing a great job making Divinity look like a bunch of 3rd rate scrubs.

Poor Divinity =(

Yellow
02-05-2010, 01:51 PM
Supreme is doing a great job making Divinity look like a bunch of 3rd rate scrubs.

Poor Divinity =(

MUCH SENSE HAS BEEN MADE :[

Trimm
02-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Yeah I guess we should just call it quits now guys. We'll never be able to compete with Trans and IB for mobs.

Need another rogue in Trans Supreme? I don't use poisons so that might be an app killer.

Scrooge
02-05-2010, 02:23 PM
The least you can do is let the server run for about a month or so, with the new rules in place as they are, before you can pass any real judgement. Otherwise it's just assumptions based on assumptions.

karsten
02-05-2010, 02:24 PM
oh shi-

Otto
02-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Yeah I guess we should just call it quits now guys. We'll never be able to compete with Trans and IB for mobs.

Need another rogue in Trans Supreme? I don't use poisons so that might be an app killer.

I love you Trimm.

Ektar
02-05-2010, 02:26 PM

good for you, dude. I'm glad to see you guys are seeing this in spirit of competition and not "IB is a bunch of jerks with GM-aided uberity" or something :)

GOGO PICKUP GROUPS. They have every right to kill nagafen that we do. (Actually you know what I started skimming posts because I got bored, so I could have read this out on context... not totally sure to what you said this in response to. but I'll leave it cuz pug wake me up before I gogo, etc.)

And really, this original posting solution is awful. At least the spawn variance somewhat resembles classic eq. Your solution is like.. okay let's open up PoP, race around it, jump a teleporter to WoW, kill an orc that drops a shard, then come back to EQ and hand in the shard to the NPC from UO that has been placed in nagafen's lair.

(Yes, I'm exaggerating. good for you if you figured this out, please don't respond to that effect)

yaaaflow
02-05-2010, 02:29 PM
The symmetry here is beautiful to me - a while ago when the rotation was put into place IB was all over the boards suggesting different ways to deal with raid targets. Trans had absolutely nothing to say on the subject, no input at all. Now that the rotation has been axed in favor of one of the ideas put forth at the time when it was up for discussion, Supreme shows up to register his disgust at the new system, and to offer a new idea.

Uaellaen
02-05-2010, 02:45 PM
(Yes, I'm exaggerating. good for you if you figured this out, please don't respond to that effect)

OMG your totaly exaggerating!! i lulled ...

Supreme
02-05-2010, 02:50 PM

Nope.

We dont need any two-faced people in Transcendence.

But i suspect you will app to IB in time anyways.

Shads
02-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Nope.

We dont need anymore two-faced people in Transcendence.

Fixed, sorry you swung the door wide open for that one :eek:

Supreme
02-05-2010, 02:53 PM
The symmetry here is beautiful to me - a while ago when the rotation was put into place IB was all over the boards suggesting different ways to deal with raid targets. Trans had absolutely nothing to say on the subject, no input at all. Now that the rotation has been axed in favor of one of the ideas put forth at the time when it was up for discussion, Supreme shows up to register his disgust at the new system, and to offer a new idea.

I actually made my post before i saw the post about rotations being removed.

Supreme
02-05-2010, 02:54 PM

There is no one in Transcendence that is two-faced towards me.

However i cannot say the same for Trimm.

Trimm
02-05-2010, 03:00 PM
Please share how sticking up for what I believe is the best solution for raid rules on a classic emulated server is two-faced.

Kreigore
02-05-2010, 03:10 PM

haha, in before the edit. :o

Shads
02-05-2010, 03:19 PM
haha, in before the edit. :o

No edit needed I'm proud to troll :p

Trimm
02-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Look, Supreme, I don't dislike you, I just disagree with you. The rotation will stay until Hate is released, then we'll all give the new system a try, if it needs fixing it will be fixed. Fact is now we're just shitting up 2 threads arguing over something neither of us have tried. If theres anything you feel you need to address with me, just send me a tell in game, I'm always up for a debate.

Rhalous
02-05-2010, 04:05 PM
I don't really care what people think Divinity can or cannot do as far as raid targets, but if you think we cannot adapt to new rules, you are quite wrong. Yes, we do take a different approach to p99 than some guilds and a portion of our members are not powergamers, but that does not mean that we will miss out on raid targets. I welcome these new rules and am excited to see them put in place. If I told my people to just give up because they got beat to a spawn a few times, that would be pretty effing weak. You get up, learn from where you messed up, and then try again.

Supreme
02-05-2010, 04:34 PM
I was speaking up mostly for guilds like Divinity that are up and coming. You guys will have a much harder time trying to do the content than the established guilds because you will not have the luxury of multiple tries to down a boss. It will be even worse for guilds like Europa etc as they come up.

I guess i will just take the stance that i could care less about anyone except Transcendence.

Taluvill
02-05-2010, 05:01 PM

Wow buddy. Normally, i try not to get involved in disputes between people. I would just rather not spoil my good name by going in and bashing someone. Trimm, i really liked you and think you have some great views. You still do. But this is too much.

NONE of our rogues use poisons. Hmm. I dont know where you are getting your sources.

Drexen never had poisons or the vial of rabid froth, so he couldn't have done it....

Chronos doesn't play here at the moment. He used them when he was leveling up, when they were legal as long as you weren't exploiting. Completely fair. He never had a Vial of rabid froth either, so he couldnt have used them even after it was taken out.

Karadin had a vial, was using it, and banked it when it was made illegal. So he couldn't have used it....

Supreme doesn't play here anymore. Transcendence is MUCH bigger than just EQ. Ever heard of P50 in evony? Yeah, go look em up. We also recently expanded our gaming community into WoW and he has been working closely with our players over there. If he hasnt been here in over a months, he couldnt have done it.

All of our new and up and coming rogues were created after the patch was put in to remove the vial and to remove the poisons...

Please dont bash on our rogues unless you know the ENTIRE story. Regardless of what has been happening of late, i have great friendships with MANY of the Divinity/IB members. I think a lot of you guys are great. Personally, I thought Div was awesome for keeping themselves quiet and out of the forum bullshit. Supreme posted an idea for a new raid system. Big deal, Lets not get into a pissing contest over it.

Done. You guys can continue with your flame war, flame each other, fuck if i care, but dont flame my guild members where you have no backround knowledge or any inside info. Thanks :D

Hasbinbad
02-05-2010, 08:43 PM
Spoken like a true man of action. Salut!

Pheer
02-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Supreme doesn't play here anymore. Transcendence is MUCH bigger than just EQ. Ever heard of P50 in evony? Yeah, go look em up. We also recently expanded our gaming community into WoW and he has been working closely with our players over there.

oh god i lol'd so hard

http://rlv.zcache.com/im_kind_of_a_big_deal_t_shirt-p235710227148407849qw9u_400.jpg

drplump
02-05-2010, 09:05 PM
change thread tittle to "Supreme's Final Solution" tia

Hasbinbad
02-05-2010, 09:07 PM
Ever heard of P50 in evony? Yeah, go look em up.
http://bestuff.com/images/images_of_stuff/210x600/my-dad-totally-owns-a-dealership-58379.jpg
Dude, like, my DAD, he totally owns this DEALERSHIP!

Salty
02-06-2010, 05:10 AM
Day 1, Supreme slays no dragons, Divinity slays one.

Kuldiin
02-06-2010, 06:10 AM
To be honest i finding having to wait a week, or a month or ten on an emulation server to have a pop at a god to be annoying.

I know this is the way it worked on live, but who cares about the way live did it.

I strongly agree on the big mobs spawning alot more often than once a week.

drplump
02-06-2010, 08:24 AM
Just put a command to spawn them on command in any zone that any guild leader can use.

Hasbinbad
02-06-2010, 09:53 AM
Make all spawns everywhere 1 minute respawn timers. Ensure there is enough for everyone everywhere, no matter what anyone wants to do. Orc Pawns, ct mobs, lguk spawns, phinny, Naggy, Vox, Inny, CT, sky mobs, all on 1 minute timers. This is the obvious solution.

Hasbinbad
02-06-2010, 09:55 AM
..and release all content now, including everything up to the current state of live. and make everyone start at level 99 with 10k AA and a Nanoplex(TM)x420 Pulse Rifle and the sword of one thousand truths. then it will be absolutely fair. and everyone will be named bob.

Jete
02-06-2010, 10:05 AM
Bob? F that... Everyone knows the first person was named Tony.

Brad_mo123
02-06-2010, 10:52 AM

Wow, I love this guy even more now, lol. He knows the deal and is open and honost about it. It is possible to beat IB later on in progression as they get more practice in but atleast right now they think about themselves and not trying to fight a losing battle. Going to be pretty funny when Divinity takes the #2 guild on the server spot from Trans and more power to ya, im with you!

Hasbinbad
02-06-2010, 11:01 AM
Going to be pretty funny when Divinity takes the #2 guild on the server spot from Trans and more power to ya, im with you!
02-06-2010
They have lied, cheated, and stole their way to #2, and they will be #3 very quickly when Divinity spreads it's wings.
12-16-2009

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Supreme
02-06-2010, 11:03 AM
Wow, I love this guy even more now, lol. He knows the deal and is open and honost about it. It is possible to beat IB later on in progression as they get more practice in but atleast right now they think about themselves and not trying to fight a losing battle. Going to be pretty funny when Divinity takes the #2 guild on the server spot from Trans and more power to ya, im with you!

OMG you are the number 3 guild on a emulation server of 400ish players and your goal is to become the number 2 guild!

/golfclap

Hasbinbad
02-06-2010, 11:05 AM
OMG you are the number 3 guild on a emulation server of 400ish players and your goal is to become the number 2 guild!

/golfclap
OMG you failed to be cool in a emulation server of 400ish players and your goal is to berate those that are relatively better than you to make yourself feel better inside!

/golfclap

http://1.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kv9779Z4w31qznquyo1_400.jpg

Supreme
02-06-2010, 11:06 AM
Hasbinbad...

Lied,cheated and stole their way to number 2?

You are a moron.

Dabamf
02-06-2010, 11:08 AM
This.

Divinity intelligently takes second choice to ensure they get something, rather than feebly compete for first choice + petition for no reason and end up with nothing.

Supreme
02-06-2010, 11:10 AM
OMG you failed to be cool in a emulation server of 400ish players and your goal is to berate those that are relatively better than you at the game you suck at to make you feel better about yourself.

/golfclap

What have you done for 1999? You pretty much troll up the forums and are a stain on the reputation of IB. All i see you doing ingame is riding the tails of GOOD IB members and spamming up OOC seeking attention. If you are so great and cool why the fuck are you on a emulation and not on a LIVE server?

Probably because your anti-social personality ran you out of any guild willing to take you.

There is hope, IB is willing to take you. Must be a sad life to have to lean on a virtual game to find acceptance.

Dabamf
02-06-2010, 11:13 AM
God damn dude you sound ridiculous. Give it up.

Hasbinbad
02-06-2010, 11:17 AM
Lied,cheated and stole their way to number 2?
Oh, right, I get it..

This is the part of your act where you pretend to be angelic and pure and conveniently "forget" all of the BS that you guys put us through for months and months..

Not to drudge up the past, but don't even THINK about sitting there and pretending to have NFI where that quote came from, especially when I obviously wasn't even quoting that sentence with the emphasis you focused on. If I dug through the forums for long enough, I could assemble such a collage of lies and hate bearing Trannyscendence lineage that would take you 2 hours just to scan through without reading for comprehension.

Or were you just not around back then? Noobstyle ignorance?

The funny thing is that you are calling me the moron.

Hasbinbad
02-06-2010, 11:21 AM
What have you done for 1999? You pretty much troll up the forums and are a stain on the reputation of IB. All i see you doing ingame is riding the tails of GOOD IB members and spamming up OOC seeking attention. If you are so great and cool why the fuck are you on a emulation and not on a LIVE server?

Probably because your anti-social personality ran you out of any guild willing to take you.

There is hope, IB is willing to take you. Must be a sad life to have to lean on a virtual game to find acceptance.
So, I'm trying to develop a steam engine that derives energy from a specialized desalinization process that harnesses the chemical bonds in the proteins contained in human tears. I think you and I could go into business together. Without going into to much detail before I formally sign you on to the NDA, can you replicate this kind of QQ on command? Can you extend the duration of the QQ, or adjust the volume of tears produced over time with your QQ (flow)?

If you think you might have something to offer this up and coming green tech startup, get back at me dude, we could make some cash!

Brad_mo123
02-06-2010, 11:32 AM

/golfclap

Ok, either you cant count or you do not realise who I am, either way you basicly just said "Hi im supreme and im stupid". I am in IB and is obviously #1 according to progression and also Divinity's goal is of coarse to be #1 but they have to first be #2 and I would so love some friendly compitition instead of having WoW like instance crap that trans seems to cry for. This is EQ, this is how it was in 1999, deal with it or go play WoW or another game with instanced raids and dungeons, k thanks bye.

Brad_mo123
02-06-2010, 12:05 PM

I would also like to add that it is possible Divinity is where they are now on guild progression purely becuase they havent been given the chance, now that they have the chance, I really think this will be fun and I hope they put up a good fight but of course, lets keep it friendly, no QQ stuff but dont expect any hand holding either :p

Soulfighter
02-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Ib first guild on the server ? you sure are pretentious lol

Brad_mo123
02-06-2010, 03:08 PM
Ib first guild on the server ? you sure are pretentious lol

Not first, read what I said. #1 in progression, as in we have accomplished the most and progressed further. It's quite clear to everyone on the server lol.

Zexa
02-06-2010, 07:02 PM
Lay off Supreme. He's had a hard week. He already quit P1999 so no point in getting him anymore riled up.

Besides, he's a busy man and has a lot more going on than P1999. Ever heard of P50 on Evony? Well look it up!

Pheer
02-06-2010, 07:09 PM

LOL thats pretty ironic

/ooc "hey guys check out our hate trash drops, we dont get any maestro loot cause we cried for an hour but check out our insidious robe! we're.... kind of a big deal!"

Hasbinbad
02-06-2010, 08:25 PM
we're.... kind of a big deal!"
Haven't you heard of p50 on Evony?

..and his dad ... TOTALLY ... owns a dealership..

Beau
07-26-2010, 04:00 PM

I LoL'd

Supreme
07-26-2010, 04:50 PM

Ya Hasbinbad often wonders...

"why does everyone hate me"

Thanks for necroing a dead thread. I am sure this will end up closed in R&F soon.

Hasbinbad
07-26-2010, 11:58 PM
Oh, I don't wonder.. I know exactly why.

Also, have you thought about that green tech startup I proposed to you? Seems like you're still doing that QQ thing pretty well..

(newbs, read about 10 posts above)

Messianic
07-27-2010, 10:20 AM
My Dad could beat up your dad!

Phelp
07-27-2010, 10:25 AM
I have read the comments and the "designs" of many of the greatest minds of Project 1999 but the core problem of any raid system is the spawn timer itself. And while i can appreciate that people want to enjoy "Classic Everquest" to the fullest degree I must also state that we are not doing anything new other than reliving glory days of a time now beyond us. As such i offer my panacea for the problem.

Vox & Nagafen

Place a "NPC" in each of the Dragons Lairs. Implement a NO DROP and LORE item that randomly drops from Fire/Ice Giants and level 47+ Named Spawns. This item can be anything..a key..a shard..a page..but make the drop RARE for Named ULTRA RARE for Non-named Fire Giants. Put Fire/Ice Giants on the same spawn timer as the rest of the zone. Then put the "NPC" on a 2 hour spawn timer. Turn in the shard will SPAWN said dragon.

Plane of Fear,Hate and Sky

What is the point of going classic if you want to change how classic EQ really was?

truzek
07-27-2010, 10:48 AM
I haven't read thru the whole thing only the original post. But Supreme this is a classic server you fucktard if you want custom content then go play on EZ server.

guineapig
07-27-2010, 10:53 AM
To those that didn't bother to notice, this thread died on February 6th.

truzek
07-27-2010, 11:08 AM
Yeah I just noticed that. Still the guy is a fucktard.

Supreme
07-27-2010, 11:34 AM
Yeah I just noticed that. Still the guy is a fucktard.

Jesus love you man.