PDA

View Full Version : Best way to get Guise?

teai
03-05-2017, 03:10 PM
I heard you can camp out the guy that drops this with a lvl 10 rogue, is that true?

Doctor Jeff
03-05-2017, 03:32 PM
You can't get a guise anymore, but for a mask of deception, you can just park your rogue down there and wait for someone to do the camp. It rots a couple of times a day depending on how many people pass through the zone.

The named mobs see sneak/hide, but you can peak up while staying on the ladder.

If you see the assassin and he's not wielding anything, it has the mask, so just ask around if someone will come help you kill it.

teai
03-05-2017, 03:40 PM
great, thats the one I meant haha. I'll sneak over there once I get burned out at crushbone

Aaramis
03-05-2017, 04:56 PM
If you see the assassin and he's not wielding anything, it has the mask, so just ask around if someone will come help you kill it.

If you see the assassin, then odds are you just drew aggro because it can see invis :p

Otherwise, yes, what Jeff said is correct. Nothing else should see through your hide/sneak, so just hang out below the ladder to the room and ask politely to loot a mask if/when it drops.

teai
03-05-2017, 09:35 PM
Oh lawd Guk is like a maze too, haha.

Could a 34 necro kill the assassin?

Shodo
03-05-2017, 11:12 PM
Oh lawd Guk is like a maze too, haha.

Could a 34 necro kill the assassin?

Maybe, if they got it alone. 39+ would be a safer bet to avoid resists. Can always try it and FD if stuff goes bad, only melee mobs in that camp.

teai
03-06-2017, 04:04 PM
I snuck my way over there using a very confusing map and went back without it.

Some people were camping the room and were super friendly and immediately let me know the timer left on the spawn, two spawns later I had a mask.

Very nice ;3

Muggens
03-07-2017, 07:59 PM
Be a chick, go out and meet Guise a plenty

loramin
03-07-2017, 08:45 PM
Be a chick, go out and meet Guise a plenty

Or be gay; I hear they get lots of Guise too.

/duck

Lhancelot
03-09-2017, 01:35 AM
Or be gay; I hear they get lots of Guise too.

/duck

Guise, can we please stop with the stupid puns? :p

On a serious note regarding the question, I took a few trips to the sup/sin room on my rogue and found it camped every time.

Every time I asked if I could loot the mask, they always said yes and it was just a matter of the sin spawning and me having the time to sit and wait.

Eventually, you will get a mask. Just be polite, and try to not die. The CR sucks. The sin is on a 28 min timer too, so it's a lengthy wait for it to spawn.

Doctor Jeff
03-09-2017, 08:21 AM
Guise, can we please stop with the stupid puns? :p

On a serious note regarding the question, I took a few trips to the sup/sin room on my rogue and found it camped every time.

Every time I asked if I could loot the mask, they always said yes and it was just a matter of the sin spawning and me having the time to sit and wait.

Eventually, you will get a mask. Just be polite, and try to not die. The CR sucks. The sin is on a 28 min timer too, so it's a lengthy wait for it to spawn.

This guy definitely read the thread /s