PDA

View Full Version : WinEQ2 Issues

Draulius
03-04-2017, 04:02 PM
So I set up WinEq2 to work with Project 1999 and I'm having a couple of problems with it. First of all whenever I log out of a character Everquest crashes. Secondly if I try to run the game fullscreen it lets the game control my gamma again. Does anyone else have this problem and maybe there's an alternative to WinEQ2 I should be using?

Meulaar
06-06-2021, 06:29 PM
So I set up WinEq2 to work with Project 1999 and I'm having a couple of problems with it. First of all whenever I log out of a character Everquest crashes. Secondly if I try to run the game fullscreen it lets the game control my gamma again. Does anyone else have this problem and maybe there's an alternative to WinEQ2 I should be using?

I can't get wineq2 to go fullscreen, what gives? shift-alt-f doesn't work?

Lich
06-07-2021, 03:48 AM
I think the WinEq2 full screen option is a subscription feature. I would happily pay a one time fee to unlock it but I'm not paying a subscription. I use borderless gaming to force it full screen instead. I turned off the borderless gaming automatic full screen setting and enabled the hot key toggle. It works OK but toggling full screen after zoning or switching characters seems to increase the odds of getting the device reset error crash.

Graahle
06-07-2021, 02:40 PM
It is indeed a paid feature. It's 100% worth it.

Meulaar
06-07-2021, 03:19 PM
I think the WinEq2 full screen option is a subscription feature. I would happily pay a one time fee to unlock it but I'm not paying a subscription. I use borderless gaming to force it full screen instead. I turned off the borderless gaming automatic full screen setting and enabled the hot key toggle. It works OK but toggling full screen after zoning or switching characters seems to increase the odds of getting the device reset error crash.

I was about to go check on their site for that. I would happily pay a one time software fee, but I do like the subscription model and his prices are high! Thanks for the info!