PDA

View Full Version : NES Switch drops tomorrow

Spyder73
03-02-2017, 03:30 PM
I think I have convinced myself to pick this thing up. The new Zelda looks sweet and they will inevitably have new Mario and Mario Kart for it...I saw something about a Dragon Warrior game as well...Could be fun to have for traveling and maybe even lunch time at work.

Anyone else getting onboard with the Switch or am I an a$$hole idiot for buying one?

If it was not portable I don't think I would be interested in the slightest

dafier
03-02-2017, 03:33 PM
Dude that Zelda looks amazing! But I am not convinced I want to buy it just for that. I need to look up that Dragon Warrior game you are talking about.

I have all four original Dragon Warriors. I wish they put those on the NES Classic Edition.

Spyder73
03-02-2017, 03:36 PM
I wish they would just allow everyone to DL all the old classic NES games but with that stupid new console they have out I doubt that will be an option for quite some time.

I have a regular NES cartridge that has like 500 NES games on it, they could easily make a modern game that has literally every single NES game on it.

dafier
03-02-2017, 03:48 PM
Would be nice but I researched that once and the reason they don't release something with like 500 games is due to licensing. Unfortunately Nintendo doesn't have the license to all games. I'd love for them to release a console with my favorites...listed below.

Oh, btw, no you are normal for wanting to grab a switch and I highly doubt you are alone.

I would settle for:
All Dragon Warrior games
All Final Fantasy games
Blaster Master
Yars Revenge
Joust
All Mega Mans
All Ninja Gaidens
All Castlevanias

I'm bored now...there are more.

Ahldagor
03-02-2017, 04:21 PM
Last I heard was that Nintendo was working on the licensing for all their old games in order to have them downloadable to the switch. There's definately a demand, and would make a lot of sense business wise.

dafier
03-02-2017, 04:30 PM
Last I heard was that Nintendo was working on the licensing for all their old games in order to have them downloadable to the switch. There's definately a demand, and would make a lot of sense business wise.

If that is true...HOLY SMOKES! That's awesome.

Spyder73
03-02-2017, 05:09 PM

Even if its not an official release I bet the pirate market will make old NES games available...OK I am definitely buying one now

AzzarTheGod
03-02-2017, 05:11 PM
Some guy on Something Awful wrote up 9 reasons to not buy a Switch, and was banned instantly.

Whats the criticism of the Switch? I didn't get to read these reasons. Any help on the short of what the argument might be?

Sage Truthbearer
03-02-2017, 05:31 PM
BoTW has gotten a perfect 10/10 or 100% score from every single reviewer in the world. (http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/critic-reviews)

If you are a fan of Zelda, it's being said by everyone whose played it that it's the best Zelda entry of the entire franchise.

Yeah, I'm hyped.

Pokesan
03-02-2017, 06:31 PM
Some guy on Something Awful wrote up 9 reasons to not buy a Switch, and was banned instantly.

Whats the criticism of the Switch? I didn't get to read these reasons. Any help on the short of what the argument might be?

probably taint reaper

Fasttimes
03-02-2017, 06:41 PM
The switch controller works with direct input on pc $$

maskedmelonpai
03-02-2017, 06:55 PM
what good about the switch?

I could buy multiple mounts, dozens of fashion items and a platinum princess wedding for that much. why i wanna spend on switch instead? what good about it? σ(~.~);

Could also buy a new gfx card or several years subs or new seasons of all the good amines as they go on sale thorough out the year.

why i wanna devote monies to switch? >.>. :confused:

Ahldagor
03-02-2017, 07:57 PM
what good about the switch?

I could buy multiple mounts, dozens of fashion items and a platinum princess wedding for that much. why i wanna spend on switch instead? what good about it? σ(~.~);

Could also buy a new gfx card or several years subs or new seasons of all the good amines as they go on sale thorough out the year.

why i wanna devote monies to switch? >.>. :confused:

For the glory of Jump Man!

Spyder73
03-03-2017, 12:25 PM
Just went and picked up the Switch from a Best Buy near my work. No lines and they had plenty in stock. Console and Zelda $370 out the door - I haven't got to play around on it much but it seems pretty cool.

If they figure out a way to NES games on this I might cry the most pure tears of joy that have ever been wept

Spyder73
03-03-2017, 03:34 PM
Been playing Zelda a couple of hours now. So good. I havn't been able to hook it up to a TV, but the hand held version is as legit as I could have hoped, it doesn't have a Gameboy feel to it at all, it feels like playing a PS4 on a smaller screen. So far it seems like an A+ purchase for traveling and even screwing around while at work while the boss is gone. I would expect the graphics translate to the big screen (TV) equally well.

AAA would buy again

Pokesan
03-03-2017, 03:44 PM
gonna spend $400 to access some G-rated content intended for 8 year olds

im an adult

Sage Truthbearer
03-03-2017, 03:58 PM
gonna spend $400 to access some G-rated content intended for 8 year olds

im an adult

How dare they have fun playing video games differently than the way you like to have fun playing video games.

katrik
03-03-2017, 04:19 PM
Got it last night, I love it. Can't wait to dive into it some more once I'm finished with my day.

entruil
03-03-2017, 11:32 PM
GL on this... May the gaming never die!

Swish
03-04-2017, 02:41 AM
Nintendo is dead to me, if for no other reason than the DS had about 5-6 different upgrades. Knowing them they'll do the same with the Switch, prepare to have your shiny new console thing worth nothing and in Goodwills everywhere in a couple of years as they release another version and another version that antiquates yours.

No thanks Nintendo, not even a quality Punch Out game would bring me back.

jakerees
03-04-2017, 03:04 PM
Nintendo is dead to me, if for no other reason than the DS had about 5-6 different upgrades. Knowing them they'll do the same with the Switch, prepare to have your shiny new console thing worth nothing and in Goodwills everywhere in a couple of years as they release another version and another version that antiquates yours.

No thanks Nintendo, not even a quality Punch Out game would bring me back.

^^^^^

I'm going to wait patiently. I only want this for Zelda at the moment, and once I get through the game it will probably have very little going for it. I'll wait for changes to be made and to see if third party support thrives or dies out (like it did for the Wii U)

saujee
03-04-2017, 03:36 PM
Its sold out all over the word atm.

I got mine too. Zelda is great. Once I am done playing it on the TV Monitor and I can jump into bed and continue playing with it attached to an Anker 20100 USB C Power Battery and when I got bowel movement I can continue playing it whilst having a shit.

Worth every penny and I look forward to seeing future games on it.

Kevris
03-06-2017, 02:37 PM
Purchased a switch, Zelda and a Pro controller Saturday.

WORTH EVERY PENNY.

Muggens
03-07-2017, 08:44 PM
How goes the Switch? Good? Bad?

Grubbz
03-08-2017, 10:57 AM
Switch is ok, it has some good and bad qualities regardless of what fanboys will tell you. Some of it feels cheap and the screen can scratch easy when docking but zelda is good. Personally i would only buy it if your a zelda fan otherwise i wouldn't bother. People are using it more as handheld then a gaming console anyways.

Spyder73
03-08-2017, 12:37 PM
I am really liking mine so far. The ability to play on TV and then portable is just the best. I only have Zelda at the moment but Mario Kart, Xenoblade 2, Dragon Quest XI, Mario Odyssey, and NES classic games are all things I look forward to.

I would not have bought one if it wasn't portable, and thus far I am extremely impressed.

Kevris
03-08-2017, 05:39 PM
How goes the Switch? Good? Bad?

The problem I see with the Switch is that it's not a console, it's a Zelda-playing-device. In a few months, mine will convert into a Zelda-and-Mario-playing-device. As with most Nintendo products, there's not a compelling reason to buy it if you've already got an xbox and a playstation outside of the first-party Nintendo titles.

I took the thing out of the cradle to play Zelda at my office the other day. That was pretty cool. When I bought it I didn't think it would ever leave the cradle, now I can see some uses for the mobile aspect. Really, though, will I want to lug another device around? I carry an HP Elite x3 phone which means I already have access to a ton of emulation. If I'm flying somewhere I just need to stick an xbox controller in my carry-on and I'm pretty much set. I'm not going on any trips for another month or so, so I won't know the answer to this until then.

I am extremely satisfied with it, but all I want the thing to do is enable me to play Zelda and Mario. It lets me play Zelda. Zelda is good. Switch is good. /shrug

Muggens
03-20-2017, 05:26 AM
I got all Nintendo consoles since NES besides the n64(never a fan, althou I got one later on), even the WiiU. Super Nintendo is the go-to console for me still. Switch will be the first Nintendo console I wont hurry out to get, think Ill wait this one out. Meanwhile Ill just stack up on my SNES/SFC collection of carts! If I really wanna play Breath of the Wild I can do that on WiiU, but most of the new Nintendo games look like more open world style games, which I dont think appeal to me, I already have EQ for that.