PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XV - and Final Fantasy VII Remake

maskedmelonpai
03-01-2017, 10:29 AM
What the deal? I remember seen not stuff about this a LONGtime ago and then recently I stumbled upon a YouTube video that showed a "then" and now and it compared FFXIII Versus (or something like that, don't remember the exact name) to FFXV. FFXV looks cool. FFXIII was super boring and not like the one in the YouTube thingy which seemed very related to FFXV. what I missing here? I dun't get it :c Also, main character look super cool in that one ( ^ω^ )

now, im liek super excited for FFVII remake. i saw some youtubes of that (I dunno why I wasting my life on youtubes:c) and looked aMAzing. i was just sortsa in awe at how well they developed Midgar (☆u☆) i know they probably contracting art outta liek Myanmar or something so it super cheap, but omgosh! the sheer number of assets is still mind boggling. it just make me think the budget must be super huge, but then art prolly not so spendy. still though! it make me wonder if they gonna reconcile the US/JPN versions. i like me some Weapons! an I want moar (^ν^)tbh

what do you think?

Sirban
03-01-2017, 02:33 PM
Didn't read but I really want a ff 8 remake

Grubbz
03-04-2017, 07:49 AM
screw ff15, game is ass. Ill buy ff7 remake and ffx-3 when they come out.

khanable
03-04-2017, 10:03 AM
FF stopped being good after 9~

Shea
03-04-2017, 09:55 PM
I agree that FF15 is ass but the combat is kinda ok/fun i guess.

Breath of the wild on the other hand...

dayum good game

Muggens
03-07-2017, 08:38 PM
Played through FF7 multiple times, that and Einhander and MGS on PS1.

Will the new FF7 come out for PC or just PS4? I will never shop for a PS4 console but I can borrow one for FF7 release

Sage Truthbearer
03-07-2017, 09:00 PM
If you haven't played FFX/X2, they did a full graphics and music remaster of both FFX/X2 that you can get off Steam. Also, anything after FFXI was made by a different studio and is pretty different from classic Final Fantasy.

Muggens
03-07-2017, 09:04 PM
Wasnt it another crew that made FFVIII ? Very different game in feel and looks compared to VI, VII. This crew made FFX while VII crew made IX, was my understanding atleast

edit, ive not played any FF game after 9, which was the last one that appealed to me

Grubbz
03-08-2017, 10:53 AM
If you haven't played FFX/X2, they did a full graphics and music remaster of both FFX/X2 that you can get off Steam. Also, anything after FFXI was made by a different studio and is pretty different from classic Final Fantasy.

Yup and it was also announced that ffx-3 may be in the works after ff7 remake and KH3 is done.

khanable
03-18-2017, 09:17 PM

FF stopped being good after 9~

Having only played FFX back in 2001, I basically fucking hated it and everything after it and cursed Square for ruining FF. After catching Distant Worlds back in January I gave FFX the 'ol college try again since two of the songs they had played were pretty dope. I'd say it was fairly good now that I've finally finished it, so I'll revise my prior statement to 'FF stopped being good after 10' for now. I only watched the "perfect" ending to FFX-2 on YouTube and I'm going to disregard all the other retarded shit Square put out on FFX.

Also I found this while poking around the tubes and it basically my feelings on it:

You know how Square should have ended FFX? (SPOILERS)
Right after defeating YuYevon.

Tidus smiles even though his time was short. Yu Yevon was gone. Sin was gone. Spira was theirs.

The pyreflies around him are swirling and dissolving into the air around him in a myriad of beautiful lights. Standing opposite of Tidus is Yuna. She stares at Tidus with an apprehensive look. Hesitant almost. Scared maybe. Tidus had already accepted his fate. He knew what was coming. Their eyes meet, FFX's rendition of the starcrossed lovers spurned by fate. A Fleeting Dream plays in the background.

Yuna can hold it no longer. The raw emotion that she felt could not be contained. She bursts forward hoping to fall into Tidus's arms and warm embrace. Something she had been waiting for since the moment they met.

And all of a sudden, she hits the floor. She's broken. Heartbroken. Devastated. Yuna laments what could been.

Without looking back, Tidus takes a running start and then leaps off the airship without a single regret in the world. His arms outstretched as he dives into the sky. Embracing the future. Ready for what was coming. His last moments in Spira are graceful and elated like using the bathroom and not having to wipe. Leaving nothing behind but a trail of rainbows from the pyreflies....

"I'm gay," Tidus says as he fades into the sky. Nothing but rainbows remain. And even they disappear after a moment. And then he was gone.

Yuna lays on the floor sobbing uncontrollably. All her hopes and dreams had crashed down upon the moment and her heart had been ripped apart like a pair of boxers on squat day.

Soft violins play as Tidus fades from reality. In the farplane Albert Dumbledore and Herbert from Family Guy give him a high five. And with that, Tidus was gone forever.

Yuna is shown again with the violins reaching a climax. The survivor. She's a broken mess. Her dreams are over. Her hopes have crashed against the rocks like a woman pilot trying to cross the pacific.

And then FFX ends and Yuna becomes a Lesbian in X-2. Square decides to stop retconning their s*** and ruining the ending. Square realizes that feminine males don't work as leads and never makes XII or XIII. Toriyama is fired and a world map is enacted across all FF's.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643146-final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster/68617897

Ahldagor
03-19-2017, 12:17 AM
Kitchy cutscenes abound in 15. That 3d flying stuff was weird for combat. Just hold circle and wiggle around a lot.

Ahldagor
03-19-2017, 12:18 AM
And that evil Jim Morrison uncle Scar.