PDA

View Full Version : New to Project 1999 and looking for some cool people to group with

Chill_
02-28-2017, 01:33 PM
Hello :D Right now I'm playing on Live and with the ability to box and use mercs, grouping is more a thing of the past. With that said, I'd like to try and find some people I can group with on Project 1999. Socialization and grouping is mainly why I play EQ in the first place.

In the past, I've grouped with others but kept our characters at the same level. I guess this is called static grouping? I'm not 100% sure. I'd like to static group if that's what it's called.

Reply with a message if you're interested. I'll check back on here regularly. Ideally, I'd like to group with one or two people. More would be great but it can be tough with more due to schedules from what I've experienced in the past.

I can play 3-6 days a week, when I don't get home super late which I can't help at times, and I'm willing to play most classes. My schedule is pretty flexible.

kelsoider
03-03-2017, 02:08 AM
Welcome! I can't help you find a static group; however I can tell you where to find good zones for grouping. Whatever class you roll; my advice is to get to the greater faydark either by rolling a race that starts nearby or by asking dial a port for a ride. They won't mind since you level one and new. Make sure to bind there.
Solo or group until level four or five and go to the or hill. Usually a group there. There is also crushbone; almost always some players there grouping and sometimes even a high level player there that will help you with buffs/power leveling. Collect pads and belts and either sell them or do the quest in kaladim. Greater Faydark and crushbone can give you everything you need as a starting player- starting cash, easy and relatively safe exp, and contacts with other players of a similar level. Just be careful not to get lost in the forest; if you do just go straight in one direction until you hit a zone wall. Follow the zone wall and eventually you will return to civilization.
If you want advice on a starting class, I would recommend mage. They can solo level well, are easy to play, don't require gear, and dps is always wanted in a group.
Good luck to you ser. PM me if need further advice.

Chill_
03-03-2017, 03:07 AM
Thanks, I appreciate it :) I've started a Wood Elf Druid who I've been having a blast with but might divert if I continue to struggle to find groups. One group was full the other day and then I've ran into a bunch of new characters who just want to solo.

NUMBER 2 FORUMS POSTER
03-07-2017, 08:14 PM
hi i'm new to project 1999! i'm a level 14 iksar necromancer do you want to group in the field of bone or kurns tower?

mattitude
03-08-2017, 01:19 PM
Im a 15 ranger, I'd be down to group up. I know rangers aren't the most desirable class to group with, but that was my class from 1999-2004 hah.

I've always wanted to try Kurns tower as well^^^