PDA

View Full Version : Tailoring Bandages?

FeelunGuud
02-27-2017, 01:50 PM
Hi Guys,

I have a warrior and bandages are rather expensive so I was wondering if it's possible to tailor my own bandages and what recipe/ingredients I would need. Also, where to find them I guess <-- Troll friendly if possible lol.

Thanks!

Baler
02-27-2017, 02:12 PM
1x Silk Bandage [In a loom] (trivial at 21 tailoring) (lighter than regular bandages these weigh 0.2 compared to 0.5)
-2x Silk Thread

1x Silk Thread [In a Sewing Kit]
-2 x Spiderling Silk (drops from spiderling/hatchling)

As a troll you can find spiderlings around feerrott such as around the area of the druid ring.

---
You may also want to consider trying to get multiple stacks of spiderling silk and haul it up to east commonlands tunnel to try and sell them. Then just buy regular bandages. I think it's like ~20plat for a full stack of 20

Jimjam
02-27-2017, 02:32 PM
Mages can summon bandages for free.

jolanar
02-27-2017, 02:32 PM
It's not practical to make your own bandages because the ingredients sell for significantly more to other players than it would cost to just buy bandages.

NegaStoat
02-28-2017, 03:06 AM
Taking a magician up to level 8 is pretty trivial, and you can do a ground transfer 4 slot 100% holding bags and stacks of summoned bandages for a melee character to use for a long while. The lvl 8 magician has access to invis so moving the magician around to where you might be hunting isn't that big of a deal.

It's kind of a ghetto thing to do but it does save a substantial amount of early cash.

Jimjam
02-28-2017, 05:18 AM
If you do fancy a magician alt gnome of brell serilis is a good combo. Amongst other things, it can move about much of The Hole without drawing aggro, so is useful for bringing corpses to the top (and other tricks).

Whirled
03-01-2017, 11:35 AM
Make friends with an Iksar. Or faction ( <= long road)
Ask them to get you stacks of Man Eater plant salve
it looks like a bowl of crap in picture.
Some "Klok" merchants sell them in the ruins outside of Cabilis.
They cost more than bandages but they always seem to heal more, so...
Apply them to wounds and check them out.

Lhancelot
03-01-2017, 01:42 PM
Hi Guys,

I have a warrior and bandages are rather expensive so I was wondering if it's possible to tailor my own bandages and what recipe/ingredients I would need. Also, where to find them I guess <-- Troll friendly if possible lol.

Thanks!

Just get an Embalmer's Skinning Knife.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Embalmers_Skinning_Knife

loramin
03-01-2017, 01:46 PM
Just get an Embalmer's Skinning Knife.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Embalmers_Skinning_Knife

That's a great answer in general, but in this case:

I have a warrior and bandages are rather expensive so

If the guy has trouble paying for vendor bandages, I highly doubt he has 1k lying around to purchase the knife.

Lhancelot
03-01-2017, 02:02 PM
That's a great answer in general, but in this case:

If the guy has trouble paying for vendor bandages, I highly doubt he has 1k lying around to purchase the knife.

maybe he can farm it, or knows someone that can farm it if he can't afford it? I just think it's not that hard to dig up 500pp or so which he might be able to spend to buy one from someone. In the long run it would save him money too.

Jimjam
03-01-2017, 02:34 PM
OP keep at it. once mobs start regularly dropping gold bandages become much more affordable.

maybe he can farm it, or knows someone that can farm it if he can't afford it? I just think it's not that hard to dig up 500pp or so which he might be able to spend to buy one from someone. In the long run it would save him money too.You've been farming plat for too long. He says his warrior finds it hard to dig up 5 silver for a bandage. 0.5k is five hundred hundred times that.

Expediency
03-01-2017, 03:09 PM
This Server is eight years old. Nobody should have to farm money to buy bandages unless they want to. I'll donate 100 bandages to you if you meet me at a druid rings. I bet others will too

Lhancelot
03-01-2017, 04:32 PM
This Server is eight years old. Nobody should have to farm money to buy bandages unless they want to. I'll donate 100 bandages to you if you meet me at a druid rings. I bet others will too

Just get him an Embalmers Skinning Knife, 100 bandages won't last but a couple hours. Why give him one fish when you can teach him how to fish?

Dreenk317
03-01-2017, 05:17 PM
Just get him an Embalmers Skinning Knife, 100 bandages won't last but a couple hours. Why give him one fish when you can teach him how to fish?

I just wish it was useable by monks, sadface emoji.

Lhancelot
03-01-2017, 06:45 PM
I just wish it was useable by monks, sadface emoji.

Carry the embalmers skinning knife with you then hand to a group member, let them proc a few times and voila your monk has bandages!

Doujou
03-02-2017, 01:50 AM
Carry the embalmers skinning knife with you then hand to a group member, let them proc a few times and voila your monk has bandages!

Usually when a monk wants/need bandages, he doesn't have group members.

RedSlave
03-09-2017, 04:29 PM
Just out of curiosity, if you give a mob the Knife and then let them hit you to proc it, will you be able to loot the Bandages?