PDA

View Full Version : First evil toon

Gnomish Elite
02-27-2017, 12:08 PM
I've never really played an evil toon before at least not with any longevity. I want to re-roll my mage as a dark elf cause he's only level 12, dark elves look cool, and Innoruuk lore sounds fun as far as evil gods go.

Wondering how much trouble I'll have getting around, finding quests, areas to bank etc?

Obviously it will be more limiting and a challenge is not an issue, just wanted to know if there are any not so obvious things I should be prepared for? Anything new/fun that opens up to you as an evil character I may not be aware of?

Landael
02-27-2017, 12:41 PM
DEs probably the easiest evil race, Close to EC and will be non kos in OT as you get higher lvl, (unless you kill in kaesora etc) so DE is a pretty easy to start with evil faction.

jolanar
02-27-2017, 02:36 PM
There are almost no quests that are relevant that are blocked by race/religion, so I wouldn't worry about that part.

As a mage you will have invis which allows you to bank almost everywhere with some clever out of sight clicking. So that's not much of an issue either.

Biggest issue is being near vendors to sell to at the lower levels. That can be somewhat restrictive if you are needing to save for spells. You'll just need to plan to play near neutral vendors. But don't worry there is plenty of those too.

Yttrium
02-27-2017, 07:54 PM
Find a neutral merchant who isn't one of the 2x price guys (EC tunnel merchant will rip you off!). Then buy and sell gems to turn copper and silver into plat. It took me 20 levels to learn that, but its a huge bonus when you can't find a bank and need to drop weight.

NegaStoat
02-28-2017, 03:02 AM
If you roll a Dark Elf Agnostic magician, you can actually get the mail quest at the zone exit in Nektulos for Commons, walk into North Freeport without being killed by the guards, and deliver it for the coin. The paladin / cleric / caster guilds are off limits to you, but much of freeport is still good to go.
If you do the Janam and Rebby note passing quests about 18 times, you'll be able to buy / sell from the vendors and use the North Freeport bank too.

Magicians have Invis so they can more or less go where they want. Using Invis and clever angles of walls / windows, you can bank in Felwithe and Kelethin. Dark Elf Magicians are fine in the Qeynos sewer evil trainer area for clerics / necros / shadowknights, and you can bank / sell there too.
The amount of faction work necessary to do fun things like walk into Firiona Vie without being slaughtered is not nearly as lengthy a chore as what Iksar or Innoruuk worshiping DE's would face. So... yeah. I'd say, go for it.

Swish
02-28-2017, 10:22 AM
Golden rule for any evil character of any race/class combo... the druid ring vendors ALWAYS sell to you, so you have vendor options most of the time :)

RDawg816
02-28-2017, 01:59 PM
I say embrace the evil. Kill humans, gnomes, etc.... not fixing your faction can be fun!

EQBallzz
02-28-2017, 02:06 PM
Golden rule for any evil character of any race/class combo... the druid ring vendors ALWAYS sell to you, so you have vendor options most of the time :)

I think the exception to that rule is NK ring. Not sure if the vendor is KOS but the druids will probably kill you if you try to vendor there because I think they path around close to the vendor.

Another PSA about the NK ring...never sit around that ring. Sit aggro will cause passing animals to attack you and if an animal attacks you at the NK ring the druids will assist!

Vandil
02-28-2017, 03:21 PM
Kill about 100 orc pawns in EC and most of the random Inn merchants will buy/sell with you.

Gnomish Elite
03-02-2017, 09:08 AM
Thanks for all the great feedback. I rolled the Innoruuk worshiping DE mage the other night and plan on putting some time in over the next few evenings.

Shoot Salvras a tell if you wanna group or something.