PDA

View Full Version : Enchanter and Wizard joining P1999

annymouse
02-26-2017, 02:29 AM
Heya! My girlfriend and I are taking a trip down memory lane by playing some P1999. Well memory lane for her anyway, she played EQ I played AC.

I wanted to check out EQ so we decided to play as a duo but we'd also love to group up with people, or maybe have some experienced players give advice or show us the ropes.

Names are Annymouse and Steffie in game,

thanks a lot!

Swish
03-01-2017, 10:15 PM
It still works, a clarity'ed wizard is a bit better :p

Enjoy!

Lhancelot
03-02-2017, 12:51 AM
A very powerful duo is cleric enchanter. Something to consider if you want to easily carry groups or farm really nice camps with just the two of you. Also having a cleric for rez is always a plus!

If you want to try this, you can take it even further and make an Innoruuk erudite or human cleric. This lets you do the snare necklace quest, meaning your cleric can snare mobs allowing you to do fear kiting with snare as well as having a nice way to snare runners when killing them.

I have a Inny human cleric, and found the quests really neat that are available. Another quest is the fright forged helm, it gives the cleric a insta-clicky see invis/night vision buff which as an erudite or human is quite nice, plus the insta-clicky works as a cool down refresher much like a goblin earring does.

If you are set on a wizard, it's fine too, but honestly speaking there are many better partners with an enchanter that would give you far better synergy.

annymouse
03-02-2017, 11:41 AM
Well the #1 thing we were worried about was travel since wizards get ports and clerics don't, we didn't want to have to run everywhere all the time :p

Druid would alleviate that a bit, I suppose.

SoekiWiz
03-02-2017, 12:00 PM
Welcome. Wasn't gonna shove my nose into your class selection, but since you seem to be open to feedback, go with the Cleric.

Enchanter charmed/hasted pet + Cleric = one of, if not the most efficient exp grinding duo's in game.

As for transportation, there's a guild on the server who provides a taxi service of sorts. Ports not hard to find :)

Steffie isn't Stefy from Quellious is it? Are youuuuu from Quellious?

Lonely Quellious OG seeks former elfpals! :p

bum3
03-02-2017, 01:41 PM
Welcome! I agree with above posters. Avoid the wizard. Druid it if you really want a porter.

welly321
03-02-2017, 02:41 PM
Wizzies are needed for end game raids.

SoekiWiz
03-02-2017, 02:48 PM
Wizzies are needed for end game raids.

For what? Translocates? No more train ups in ToV due to leashing patch.

Translocates are convenient, sure. 1 or 2 Wizards would satisfy this. Even still, wouldn't that be "post raid" versus "raid"?

Now if you said Dragonbane Concussion Wizzies, I'd be slightly more inclined to agree. Apart from that, melee dps was 80+% of every "end game" dps parse I've ever seen posted into guildchat when I had it.

Not to mention all the scattered fights with highly if not 100% magic/element resist targets including the enraged golem who doesn't enrage.

annymouse
03-02-2017, 08:19 PM
Thanks everyone! She's looking into changing to Cleric and a Druid friend of ours might link up with us too!

@Soeki Nope not us! But we are Dark Elves :]