PDA

View Full Version : Race perks and Neutral race?

VRBL
02-25-2017, 11:34 PM
A returning player that originally quit after SoV. I loved my gnome rogue but am reconsidering races. Does anyone have a link to race perks for this server?

I remember having at least one illusion mask for sneaking into other cities. Is there a more neutral race that would make traversing evil cities easier?

Thanks everyone.

cubiczar
02-28-2017, 02:10 PM
If you are worried about evil cities then there is a dark elf illusion mask that drops in lguk. From what I remember as soon as you can sneak/hide successfully you can try to go get one by checking to see if one is rotting. Just don't kill any frogs so you can run through uguk quickly to get down there.

Oh yeah skill up that swimming skill and/or get something for enduring breath. You can go underwater and unstealth but unless you can restealth consistently you may still drown down there.

mgriff02
02-28-2017, 02:17 PM
Race perks:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Character_Races

Edit: huh, I'd never heard of the increased consumption rate before.

Pyrion
03-01-2017, 06:45 AM
Just roll an agnostic enchanter if you value freedom of movement so much. Only thing you would need to work for then would be iksars... but even for most of them a skeleton illusion + alliance spell will do the trick, if you are too lazy to do the illusion:iksar quest.

Scoojitsu
03-01-2017, 07:25 AM
I find that I don't go into cities all that often anymore. Don't value this aspect too high.

Swish
03-01-2017, 07:54 AM
Just roll an agnostic enchanter if you value freedom of movement so much. Only thing you would need to work for then would be iksars... but even for most of them a skeleton illusion + alliance spell will do the trick, if you are too lazy to do the illusion:iksar quest.

Not sure if its still sold in EC but there used to be a couple of sellers of the iksar illusion spell there.

In min/max terms a barbarian/dwarf/halfling might be the best race choices but never get trapped doing that. If you enjoy your character, keep with the character. Masks are available if you're ever getting bored (iksar, dark elf, erudite, etc)