PDA

View Full Version : Most coveted role for grouping?

thesoloist
02-23-2017, 09:28 PM
Hello,

Just gathering some information for future reference, what is the most coveted role for the different stages of the game, like is there a shortage of a certain role?

Low level exp groups
Mid level exp groups
High-end farming
High-end raiding

I'm not looking for exact stats just the general feel of Project1999 veterans :)

Samoht
02-24-2017, 06:18 PM
Low/mid exp: snap aggro tanks (SK/pal), healers (cleric/shaman), porters (wiz/druid), cc/mana regen (bard/chanter)
High-end farming: clerics, shaman
High-end raiding: clerics, dps

Seeing a trend?

thesoloist
02-24-2017, 07:53 PM
Low/mid exp: snap aggro tanks (SK/pal), healers (cleric/shaman), porters (wiz/druid), cc/mana regen (bard/chanter)
High-end farming: clerics, shaman
High-end raiding: clerics, dps

Seeing a trend?

Yeah, healers are mostly MIA xD

Surprising that DPS are lacking for high-end raiding though but I guess you mean more like "well-geared" dps, would that be right?

I made an iksar monk as first char I've read a lot about it's solo capacities so as a first char to gather some currency and get back into the game I think I made the right choice?

I am definitely going to go with what the community needs the most though but I also have to consider that I have no friends / leveling buddies / guild yet so I would need something that the community needs but that can also solo, any clues?

Issar
02-24-2017, 11:34 PM
If you had all the coin that you thought you needed, which class would you pick?

Lhancelot
02-25-2017, 12:20 AM
Yeah, healers are mostly MIA xD

Surprising that DPS are lacking for high-end raiding though but I guess you mean more like "well-geared" dps, would that be right?

I made an iksar monk as first char I've read a lot about it's solo capacities so as a first char to gather some currency and get back into the game I think I made the right choice?

I am definitely going to go with what the community needs the most though but I also have to consider that I have no friends / leveling buddies / guild yet so I would need something that the community needs but that can also solo, any clues?

I honestly think you should play what you like the most. If you enjoy healers roll a healer, if you like tanking roll a tank, etc.

You can solo on all classes if you are determined and patient.

If you want to be useful for groups/raids, clerics are always good if you like healers.

For dps monks, rogues are quite nice and their epics seem fairly easy compared to others. Mages/necros are great for caster dps.

For tanking, any of the classes can work but warriors have it rough when starting out if not geared decently. SKs and pallies both have aggro spells that make tanking a breeze.

Just roll a class and race you find fun imo, don't try to appease the community.

Cazlo
02-26-2017, 06:59 AM

Going by that criteria, I'd say shaman is the one. Shamans are always wanted for buffage, they're great at soloing and great in groups, desired for buffing raids and healing with Torpor. Do some research on the forums about them as there are people with tons more knowledge than me but it sounds an awful lot like shaman fits the bill nicely for what you're looking for.

Landael
02-26-2017, 09:30 AM
And if you do make a shaman, for the love of CT dont ask what race is the best :D

Issar
02-27-2017, 12:53 AM
And if you do make a shaman, for the love of CT dont ask what race is the best :D

LOL. QFT.

supermoonbeam
02-27-2017, 05:11 AM

Rofl I remember reading a long discussion about that on here a while back.

ArmySash
02-27-2017, 06:01 AM
Now I'm triggered - you now tell me what the best SHM race is!

Pyrion
02-27-2017, 09:15 AM
Shaman is a great class, but one word of warning: There are a LOT of shamans in game, clerics are much more rare... prolly because they can't solo so well.

NecroP99
02-27-2017, 09:39 AM
Low level exp groups - enchanter
Mid level exp groups - enchanter
High-end farming - enchanter
High-end raiding - encha...errr... rogue

eqravenprince
02-27-2017, 11:51 AM
All the Dwarf classes would be my recommendation. None can solo well at all, but all are coveted, decent stats for any choice.