PDA

View Full Version : Kaesora for 35 solo? And other thoughts?

milanojay
02-23-2017, 11:11 AM
In my constant search for some leveling zones I never tried back in the day in live, I see Kaesora mentioned alot.

I'm pretty well geared 35 SK and getting tired of the same old same old... While I still would like XP to be good I wouldn't mind some more ideas.

I did 30-35 in Paw which was great because I never touched paw back in live. That said, I have been pretty much everywhere else around 35 and looking to fill a gap somewhere until 39.

Kaesora came up a few times. I've never been there. I hear XP is good, loot is good and even heard it isn't terrible for 35 solo too. I don't want ONLY solo ideas, but sometimes my playtimes are quick and short so committing to a group isn't always an option.

But if it isn't a terrible idea, I've heard you can't exit the way you enter, something about going down a ramp or hole then a bunch of monsters to the way out.

Well the map on p99 wiki doesn't show me the exit, unless I'm reading it wrong. It shows me ramps and drop offs and such but I don't see a way out. Basically if I was going to be in there I'd like to know my way out in case of emergencies, or if it's plausible le to set up myself near the zone out to pull to or whatever.

Thoughts?

Tann
02-23-2017, 11:19 AM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Mines_of_Nurga_Goblin_Tunnel

As an alternative to Kaesora try Nurga. Doable as an SK I would think, fear kiting and sich.

brinkman512
02-23-2017, 11:26 AM
Hey, we got a small gang going (tank, healer and cc) on red around level 30. Any cool places that are usually not part of the common level path? Im bored to hunt in MM / LGuk / Solb / ToFS.

Gimdar Hornshield
02-23-2017, 11:54 AM
Is Nurga the goblin mines in frontier mountains? I used to solo there with my SK on live around 2003 - 2004. It was excellent exp and decent cash, but my favorite part about it was that there was literally nobody ever there so i didn't have to compete for anything. Just be careful, the level of goblins goes up dramatically as you creep into the zone.

isoka
02-23-2017, 12:02 PM
Well the map on p99 wiki doesn't show me the exit, unless I'm reading it wrong. It shows me ramps and drop offs and such but I don't see a way out. Basically if I was going to be in there I'd like to know my way out in case of emergencies, or if it's plausible le to set up myself near the zone out to pull to or whatever.

There is only one zone point in Kaesora, which is why you don't see the exit. However, if you look closely at the map, you will see that after zoning in, you will run very fast into a drop off (south or east of the first room). Which means that you have to crawl a bit before finding the way out till you drop off again near the zone line (west of the first room)

Side note regarding Kaesora, you will ruin your faction with Venril Sathir there, which means that you will ruin your faction with the outpost in Overthere. I don't know if you are iksar or not, but if not, just know that you will have to find someone to buy your 50+ spells in OT or in cabilis for you if you don't buy them before hunting in there.

Regarding other spots, I can recommend you as solo SK the corridors between spot 14 and 15 of Mistmoore Castle. There are a few gargoyles and vampires which you should be able to solo pull there. And when I did that camp, it was always available.

thebutthat
02-23-2017, 01:03 PM
Crystal Caverns is my go to from 32ish until about 45. You can still do at 45 but it's mighty slow in the he'll level.

milanojay
02-23-2017, 03:53 PM
For Crystal Caverns does it have any good ZEM? (that doesn't make or break my choice) it is also another place I've never been!

thebutthat
02-23-2017, 06:09 PM
I believe it's something like 85. Right up there with most other decent places to go.

Tankdan
02-23-2017, 06:56 PM
Dreadland Yetis till low 40s, then LOIO bloodgills till 51 was my go-to on 4-5 characters and worked flawlessly.