PDA

View Full Version : Help with Movement

Gimdar Hornshield
02-23-2017, 10:19 AM
Sorry if this is the wrong place. I'm having issues getting my movement working efficiently. This may be "just the way it is", but I'm really hoping there are some tweaks I can do to fix things.

Currently, I have my WASD keys setup for movement (no strafing tho). I use right mouse click to strafe and move the camera, but it is VERY .... "tight". I have to constantly pick the mouse up and move it to pan around. I have my sensitivity all the way up. It helped from what it started as, but I'm hoping there's another way to loosen it up so I can get the movement I really need.

Also, while panning, it seems that the camera bounces up and down frequently and I'm wondering if that too is just a problem with the sensitivity or lack-there-of?

Lastly, I played EQ when Kunkark came out and up until I believe GoD. At some point, there was a command you could run to increase your scroll-out distance so you could get further away from your character. I'm going to go ahead and assume right off the bat that it is not implemented on P99, but I figured it'd be worth a shot asking.

I look forward to any help ya'll can toss my way! I've got my RL dad and friend playing with me here and I'm hoping I can keep them reeled in, I've absolutely loved what I've encountered so far, the community here is GREAT!

Thanks!

thesoloist
02-23-2017, 03:48 PM
apparently increasing FPS to 60+ fixes this. I have the same problem and found this fix today on the forums, going to try to apply it tonight

milanojay
02-23-2017, 04:16 PM
why not bind A and D to strafe (instead of default turn)

as for the bumping up and down while moving, EQ wasn't really well optimized for 'super high end PCs' if that makes sense - try capping your framerate in options (FPS) to something like 60 and should help with the mouse movement stuff.

that helps me a LITTLE bit, I have similar issues. if I turn sensitivity too high, when I look up and down its very sensitive, but side to side not so much.

B4EQWASCOOL
02-23-2017, 04:27 PM
Please, use A and D to strafe. Eliminate key-turning and skill-clicking and you'll be a better player across all MMORPG.

<3 u

Gimdar Hornshield
02-23-2017, 04:56 PM
Lawl, key-turning isn't a thing, I'm just constantly holding right click so i guess i could try the strafe out, the main issue is not that though, its the speed at which the camera pans

Kilodren
02-25-2017, 10:29 AM
Not to hijack the thread, but I'm also completely new to the server and have been trying to get my movement settings down. I play most often with the camera zoomed out directly behind my char. Strafing and everything is fine, but turning with the mouse is sloooooow. I have to go across my desk and pick the mouse up a few times to turn around. Tips?

Karaktar
03-18-2017, 07:07 PM
Turn frame rate down to 60 this fixed my issue with side scroll slow

Kich867
03-18-2017, 07:39 PM
Turn frame rate down to 60 this fixed my issue with side scroll slow

Yup, just open up the menu and there's a slider somewhere that is probably at 100fps, just set that to 60 and it basically is fine.