PDA

View Full Version : question from a caregiver

Malsivius
02-22-2017, 08:51 PM
Hello's , I played on test server in 1999 (dwarf paladin) and then to FV (de cleric) until eq2 came out. I do know the classes more or less but alittle fuzzy on the choice and here is why-

I am a family man and caregiver for ailing parent. I have pretty good 'windows' of opportunity to place uninterrupted time for gaming, but there are times where I will get called for a quick 'I need help' situation.

I say this so you know I'm not asking this because I'm lazy :) but I'm trying to find a class that isn't detrimental to a group if I have to afk quickly for a few minutes.

tanking and healing is right out. monks, bards and rangers are the pulling classes right? so I was thinking necro, mage, rogue or wizard would be a class least likely to put my group 'out' for having to wait on me.

your thoughts or suggestions are appreciated

Mals

Sorn
02-22-2017, 08:54 PM
Go necro for quick FDs when you need to AFK. Works solo or group (make sure to warn your group). A lot of players have kids so they understand the need to drop everything to do something for a bit.

Zarcath
02-22-2017, 08:54 PM
Necro

if you need to AFK you can FD

Dreenk317
02-22-2017, 10:58 PM
Necro

if you need to AFK you can FD

Or monk. Most camps can be pulled by a dps or the tank once they are broken. Hell even clerics make good pullers with calm line. So having to ago for 5-10 minutes won't be a big deal. But the FD will be. It's insurance against getting agro and wasting the groups mana keeping you alive while afk. So ya, necro or monk imo. Though necro is much more friendly for starting out.

jarlerop
02-23-2017, 07:50 AM
I was in a similar situation. There are moments where I'd have to leave the computer immediately, and my shaman died plenty of times due to this :)
If I were you, I'd go with a necro.