PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: Level 34. Halp!

milanojay
02-21-2017, 12:58 PM
So reached 34 (as a SK) from help and tips from you all on where to go and what to do.

Seeing as I'm bored at work again and thinking of EQ as usual - putting this out there looking for more ideas.

South Karana spires are perma-camped. I even pull one (because I don't see anyone around since they are a mile away kiting) and I instantly get a tell to beat it. So I go to paw, and lately it's been perma camped as well. I really like going in there solo or duo (I found it to be a nice quiet little place), but lately I don't know if word has gotten out on the forums or what but perpetual 2 full groups.

So this is killing me because I make my way out there and then waste time.

So any more ideas 34-39 for SK (pretty well geared) for solo, duo, grouping... At 39 I'll likely go to COM. I popped into MM, couldn't find a group and stood LFG for an hour and a half, during that time I got a few roamers - I don't mind waiting for groups but waiting while it consumes more than half my session sucks. Which is why I'd love to find a place that also has mobs for solo.

I did up to 30 in upper guk... could I go to lower at 34?

SolA sucked when I tried to go because I'm too fat.

Any other tips?

Dreenk317
02-21-2017, 01:16 PM
Shrink pots, all the good exp is indoors. And duo/trio in splitpaw, lguk, or unrest.

Heavenzoutcast
02-21-2017, 01:18 PM
If indoors doesn't work, you can go kunark in FM fort or OT. Fear kiting obviously.

Izmael
02-21-2017, 01:21 PM
Send tells to shamans or clerics in your level range and duo with them, friend those who are good and find them online again later.

At 35 I'd still recommend MM for best pickup groupage potential (and there are a ton of spots in MM nobody ever does - check the map, there's more to MM than just Pond / GY / CE / CY).

Aueamin
02-21-2017, 01:29 PM
Try TOFS first floor or the Sarnak fort in LOIO.

milanojay
02-21-2017, 02:00 PM
never thought about TOFS! I never even did that place on Live either!

Tupakk
02-21-2017, 02:06 PM
OT is perfect at 39. So is MM but you gotta stand on at CE not the ZL and bug ppl or start a CY group.

CrazyHorse
02-21-2017, 03:15 PM
I'm a level 38 Shaman hanging in the Overthere just soloing Rhinos/Succulents/Berzerkers/Cockatrice. If you wanna group up sometime, let me know/shoot me a tell. Toon's name is 'Turell' We can use this thread to coordinate a time if you want.

Panicsferd
02-23-2017, 04:21 PM
What I did myself at 34 (a necro) was do giants in FM and I fear kited when I was outside the fort and then root rotted inside the fort.

I did this till 37, and then I went to OT for a bit and managed to get a level there but then decided to leave since wasn't a big fan of it when I was 37/38 since the tigers and mobs were really resistant.

I then after following a necro guide did the spectres in Oasis, I did them from 38-40 and now went back to OT at 40 and so far in OT got out of the hell level and am still planning on leveling here - now sure till when, maybe till 42 or when the xp here starts to dry up.