PDA

View Full Version : This is how I get my pixels now

Pudge
02-19-2017, 04:56 PM
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.watabou.pixeldungeon&hl=en

P.S. I keep checking back every 3 or 6 months to see if there's any word of a wipe. Every time I am disappoint :(

Pudge
02-19-2017, 09:16 PM
hola senior cave troll

syztem
02-20-2017, 12:13 AM
will never forget level 59 pudge, how bad the hybrid exp penalty was. then if you died you lost 3% which would take you like 4 hours in disco lol.

Beastagoog
02-20-2017, 02:44 AM

P.S. I keep checking back every 3 or 6 months to see if there's any word of a wipe. Every time I am disappoint :(

heard:

finish timeline of patches, then release discord, then release teams, then wipe red.

that's the order of operations so, if you check back in 10 years might have a fresh server

Cwall 146.0
02-20-2017, 03:03 AM
yea that was probably the timeline until daybreak said no

Sirban
02-24-2017, 03:12 PM
game looks tight

syztem
02-24-2017, 03:32 PM
Great post man.

back to stalking me again? jesus u insane fuck, latch onto someone else again.

Xaanka
02-24-2017, 03:41 PM
it's 2017 and people are just finding out about rogue?

Kongal
02-25-2017, 12:11 PM
mobile games are for old ladies and cucks

Samsung
03-07-2017, 09:04 AM
I play Pokémon Go everyday

Squire
03-07-2017, 07:43 PM

I do the same thing. God damn it red, I can't just leave well enough alone.

A few weeks ago I proposed to my gf, I texted friends and family the news afterwards and my brother responded with "pras", this place makes you ABSOLUTELY SICK.

Yet here I am, coming back to see if the server is worth a shit again.

AzzarTheGod
03-07-2017, 08:05 PM
yea that was probably the timeline until daybreak said no

Daybreak has a non-compete clause they made Rogean sign.

They can't release anything without Daybreak's consent, or else there would be potential trouble for the whole project.

Anything that plays on nostalgia like Discord/Teams/New Servers is a threat to their bottom line. They consider the current project to be old enough that the people engaged in it have played it out, and/or are druggie diehards. Basically no money in them, so the project can remain as is.

Its stating the obvious, but most people haven't accepted it yet as real life.

Will they throw Rogean a bone and let him open Discord at least? Probably some day. Its a minority server and doesn't compete with any of Daybreak's planned offerings. But the fact they have stopped it on account of Phinigel's release says Daybreak isn't taking any chances.

Its possible the project could be frozen for the next 10 years as Beastagoog suggests. Again, stopping the Discord rollout speaks to how tense Daybreak is about this. Discord doesn't technically compete directly with modern Daybreak offerings.

It was a bittersweet agreement. Some benefits, some negatives.

Muggens
03-07-2017, 08:46 PM
I never play mobile games I think they're for women and children.

Retticus
03-07-2017, 09:03 PM
Was hoping pudge was looking for powder in a new area code

shokar
03-07-2017, 09:05 PM
Daybreak has a non-compete clause they made Rogean sign.

They can't release anything without Daybreak's consent, or else there would be potential trouble for the whole project.

Anything that plays on nostalgia like Discord/Teams/New Servers is a threat to their bottom line. They consider the current project to be old enough that the people engaged in it have played it out, and/or are druggie diehards. Basically no money in them, so the project can remain as is.

Its stating the obvious, but most people haven't accepted it yet as real life.

Will they throw Rogean a bone and let him open Discord at least? Probably some day. Its a minority server and doesn't compete with any of Daybreak's planned offerings. But the fact they have stopped it on account of Phinigel's release says Daybreak isn't taking any chances.

Its possible the project could be frozen for the next 10 years as Beastagoog suggests. Again, stopping the Discord rollout speaks to how tense Daybreak is about this. Discord doesn't technically compete directly with modern Daybreak offerings.

It was a bittersweet agreement. Some benefits, some negatives.

correct

Squire
03-07-2017, 09:25 PM
Do you think Daybreak would include an NDA with the non-compete clause? As far as I am aware Rogean & co haven't even commented on why discord ceased development so abruptly and without mention, or am I wrong?