PDA

View Full Version : Are all camps like this?

sirdrizzt275
02-18-2017, 04:21 PM
So finally hit 12 as ENC and can charm. Did some research and the per leveling guide recommends minos in steamfront, and the sisters camp for being a good place to learn to charm. They are camped 24/7. I decided to just quest for the stein of Moggok and leave the leveling for later. The same damn people are there. Why are lvl 17-19 grouping to kill greens if they are even green to them (blue to me at lvl 12)? Also refusing to let me pull ONE. Does this not go against the rules on monopolizing an area? I ended up pulling a mob after the guy told me to get used to it he would be there for another two days. He immediately cried saying he would call an GM even after i said we should split the mobs. What kind of crap is this and is this going to happen the rest of the time im leveling or am i supposed to just not play when a higher level wants to monopolize an area because he has more Hp and mana. Like go fight a mob closer to your level jesus. Rant over.

Dragonslayer
02-18-2017, 06:09 PM
So finally hit 12 as ENC and can charm. Did some research and the per leveling guide recommends minos in steamfront, and the sisters camp for being a good place to learn to charm. They are camped 24/7. I decided to just quest for the stein of Moggok and leave the leveling for later. The same damn people are there. Why are lvl 17-19 grouping to kill greens if they are even green to them (blue to me at lvl 12)? Also refusing to let me pull ONE. Does this not go against the rules on monopolizing an area? I ended up pulling a mob after the guy told me to get used to it he would be there for another two days. He immediately cried saying he would call an GM even after i said we should split the mobs. What kind of crap is this and is this going to happen the rest of the time im leveling or am i supposed to just not play when a higher level wants to monopolize an area because he has more Hp and mana. Like go fight a mob closer to your level jesus. Rant over.

That's why it's called a camp. I know it's frustrating as hell some times but that's how it is. If some one has a camp, their not obligated to split it or share it unless they fill like it. They were there first and have it broken. Just because a mob is green doesn't really matter. Some camps are for loot as in a item they drop may sell for a couple plat and makes it an easy farm spot or it may drop a specific item they need for a quest that is random. if they share with you then the loose a % of chance at getting that item to drop or even could be a great faction farming spot for their race. Either way it just boils down to first one there has the rights. If they have to leave a certain spot to pull mobs from a different spot to them then that would be contestable. It's just how it is. there are ton of spots to lvl and farm, not just the few cherry picked spots listed on leveling guides.

mskinkle
02-18-2017, 07:40 PM
I have checked on sisters four times. I found them open once. I asked the people there if I could group with them but was always told no so I just moved on. The mobs being level 12 can probably be a relaxing camp up to 18 or so and the loot pretty nice. As for levels I have seen 14-18 or 19 camping it.

I tried Oasis and killed Caimans and with about a half bar of mana, level 14, I can solo them using my dot, damage shield and just melee with 1-2 of my nukes. Loot almost non existent but pretty safe since I pull next to zone line. Supposed to be good exp till low 20s and has a named that drops a chest piece.

sirdrizzt275
02-18-2017, 08:39 PM
The group claimed to report me after i started pulling a single mob, so i put a petition in game to just ask someone this question pretty much. Just wanted to let everyone here know the guide informed me the rules are different for indoor and outdoor locations. You can only claim a camp indoors like a dungeon. Outdoors like in Steamfront where i was getting so frustrated you can only claim a single spwn point for a mob the others are "FTE" which he had to explain is first to encounter. So in my case of a "camp" the guide explained the mino camp(4 spwn) by LF as follows. His group could have claimed 1 mino, i could have claimed 1, and the other two would be "FTE". Hopes this helps out others on there adventures in eq.

debuilder
02-18-2017, 08:47 PM
I seriously doubt that a guide said that, because it's not true.

Tupakk
02-18-2017, 08:48 PM
I seriously doubt that a guide said that, because it's not true.

I didn't want to break his bubble.

Ravager
02-18-2017, 10:51 PM
Kill willowisps in NK and turn in the Greater Lightstones and sell the book back to the same lady for lotsa plat and lotsa exp.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Research_Aid

Great exp and plat at that level and there's so many roaming wisps you don't have to fight people for any camps. The worst you'll see is a bard kiting a bunch of wisps, but there's wisps in other zones too. Erud's Crossing has an island full of wisps and if you exp there, there's a 99% chance you'll be the only one in the zone.

Wisps are blue until 17, the quest is good passed that.

sirdrizzt275
02-18-2017, 10:55 PM
I didn't want to break his bubble.
really think i would waste my time writing out the reply on this forum if he didn't? dude was chill explained what a guide was to me becasuse i didnt even know. Name started with M. 90% sure its "Mendoc". You sound like the snobs that were hoarding the mobs.

Expediency
02-18-2017, 11:01 PM
At your level there are dozens of places in the game to level, both inside an outside dungeons. If someone is hogging all the spawns, try another spot. This is less of an option at higher levels but right now you are low level and one of the best solo classes, the world is your oyster. The stein goes for low money on this server and you'll quickly gather enough to buy one.

sirdrizzt275
02-18-2017, 11:11 PM
Ty for all the suggestions gonna check out the willow wisps tomorrow!

sirdrizzt275
02-18-2017, 11:25 PM
Guides name is Menden. He is on these forums under that name. I am only relaying the information he told me today in game.

Dreenk317
02-19-2017, 01:24 PM
Check out kurns tower in field of bone. Some of the best exp in the game at your level range. And lots of bone chips you can later sell to players.

sirdrizzt275
02-19-2017, 01:39 PM
Check out kurns tower in field of bone. Some of the best exp in the game at your level range. And lots of bone chips you can later sell to players.

Thats actually where i ended up heading! saw that there was a crazy xp bonus and finally got my brother to start a char and he chose an iksar! I got wrecked in friona (sp?) by a spider on the way though! Longest corpse run so far lol

tiadashi
02-19-2017, 03:19 PM
The group claimed to report me after i started pulling a single mob, so i put a petition in game to just ask someone this question pretty much. Just wanted to let everyone here know the guide informed me the rules are different for indoor and outdoor locations. You can only claim a camp indoors like a dungeon. Outdoors like in Steamfront where i was getting so frustrated you can only claim a single spwn point for a mob the others are "FTE" which he had to explain is first to encounter. So in my case of a "camp" the guide explained the mino camp(4 spwn) by LF as follows. His group could have claimed 1 mino, i could have claimed 1, and the other two would be "FTE". Hopes this helps out others on there adventures in eq.

Regardless of true or not - do you want to be "that" guy? Thats a jerk move unless you talk to them and they agree this will always end with you looking like an ahole - move on theres a whole world out there and places you could go

Kesselring
02-19-2017, 06:35 PM
FYI most people here are pretty friendly, if you /w all (zone) and ask someone if they can do a camp check for you and let you know if a certain camp is taken, they usually do it. I always do it when people ask, nobody has ever turned me down either unless they were just straight up afk or ignored me (which is fine by me, I miss shit all the time).

Saves you from porting 'cross the world and going for a specific camp. FYI, don't limit yourself to only wanting to do a specific camp. You'll drive yourself nuts. Open yourself up to do anything, and if you get something you like more... then that's a win! Can't expect everything to be catered to you in this game, it's not like newer games where everything is catered to you. I don't think EQ would be enticing at all to play if there were instances and everything was easy to farm.

B4EQWASCOOL
02-20-2017, 03:37 AM
I don't think EQ would be enticing at all to play if there were instances and everything was easy to farm.

You don't have to think it - that experiment has been done with a large sample space: WoW.

SPOILER: It sucks.

mskinkle
02-20-2017, 02:12 PM
My 16 Druid checked out Eruds Island on Sunday. There was a 12 Necro and myself killing wisps. At 16 they are all green but do give a tiny bit of experience. I only killed for about a half hour, had massive lag from my internet connection, but got 2 greater lightstones and one reg lightstone. I plan to go back during the week and fill each bag with stones and then do the quest in North Karana.

Gumbo
02-20-2017, 06:47 PM
I spent level 12-17 with my Druid in NRO killing desert and dune tarantulas and sand scarabs. You can jump over to Oasis and start charming crocs and get into a croc group or orc highway group.

Topgunben
02-21-2017, 01:23 PM
I don't really pay attention to the rules too much. In your case you were outnumbered and out leveled by the campers. You had little chance of getting decent exp or loots.

While there are rules, most of the time it's more about logistics and force.

Glad to hear you made it to kurns. Stay there till 20. Then head directly to Lake of I'll Omen.