PDA

View Full Version : Cannot toggle between game and internet = Black Screen

Allandra
02-15-2017, 04:15 PM
Hi,

I have windows 10 and EQ is running on a smaller screen because I have the internet running behind the game. The reason for this is so that I can access maps, etc then quickly go back to playing (toggle between the two). However if I spend more than a minute or so on the internet and I go back to playing I find a black screen or a frozen screen. I then have to Ctrl-Alt-Del and start all over again. :confused:

Is there a fix to this?

Thanks in advance

dafier
02-15-2017, 04:32 PM
I've seen this before and strongly believe it's a Video driver related issue. I had a AMD/ATI card and had an issue just like this with a few games. I switched to Nvidia 10XX series card and didn't have the issue. Suddenly the issue came up again, then went away.

I have two monitors, so I moved the gaming window to the other monitor so when I would ALT+TAB to my desktop, the window would be open and usually not missing any frames (so I can watch the game), then open my browser and do stuff. This seemed to get rid of the black/frozen screen for me.

I hope this helps.

Allandra
02-15-2017, 04:52 PM
In the game, no.

Sacha
02-15-2017, 07:55 PM
When this happens to me I am able to fix it by using ALT+ENTER to cycle between windowed and fullscreen mode.

So, if I'm playing in windowed mode and tab to another application and tab back and see a black screen, I ALT+ENTER to go to fullscreen, wait till I see an image, then ALT+ENTER again to return to windowed mode. Good luck!

Allandra
02-15-2017, 07:59 PM
Thanks Sacha, I will try that.