PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Sonark
02-12-2017, 11:29 PM
Still play current EQ (mostly just me dinking around with my 101 Monk and steamrolling through all the things I always wanted to do) but I feel like going back and doing all the things I wanted to do the proper way (like getting my Iksar SK his own Greenmist, instead of using my Monk to MQ it for my level 10) and maybe mainlining me some of that sweet, sweet nostalgia

Anyways name is gonna be Sonark, as soon as I figure out how the #$%& to get this game up and running.

Look forward to meeting you all.

Sonark
02-13-2017, 05:30 AM
Figured it out.

Just wondering how to make it so I don't have to arrange my UI every time?

Level 2 Iksar Shadow Knight

Very pumped to Greenmist all over the place

Pyrion
02-13-2017, 08:06 AM
Welcome!

If you do enjoy live EQ, P1999 may be a shock for you. Usually people play here for the nostalgia, but also because they think the life EQ is too easy mode. I hope you like a challenge!

EQBallzz
02-13-2017, 12:30 PM
Welcome back to classic!

Sonark
02-13-2017, 05:27 PM
Welcome!

If you do enjoy live EQ, P1999 may be a shock for you. Usually people play here for the nostalgia, but also because they think the life EQ is too easy mode. I hope you like a challenge!Haha I am so unused to not being able to twink

On Live I have literally the best tradable twink gear, and barring about 6 pieces (Monk/BST/int Caster stuff) from Luclin, it's all Kunark/Velious era

I died like 4 times at level 1 with my SK, and was disconserted at having to go back to my corpse and loot my Khukri back every time

Until I helped out a random dude swap items between characters for 50pp, the only actual thing I even had was that Khukri, and now got complete rhino hide. Moving up in the world!

It all feels kind of nice

Brelic
02-14-2017, 10:16 PM
welcome

Sonark
02-18-2017, 03:54 AM
So far the people I have met have been really great.

I won a /rando by a high level for a Lamentation, and the same high level (Plateless, an Iksar Warrior) made me a full suit of Banded, completely gratis.

Level 16 now and really looking forward to eventually completing the Dreadscale quests.

But god I need a new shield.

Dreenk317
02-18-2017, 12:53 PM
Real Lizards just swing there tail up to block the blow, the shit grows back, no shield necessary.

But ya, welcome to the server, glad you've had such a positive start, hope you continue to enjoy.

Sonark
02-19-2017, 06:22 AM
Now have Dreadscale Breastplate and Boots, and some Iksar Scaled Gloves.

Doing pretty alright

Sonark
02-19-2017, 06:23 AM
Should just rename the thread "Sonark's blog"

Vilkata
02-19-2017, 03:32 PM
Should just rename the thread "Sonark's blog"

There are several blogs on these threads and theyre pretty popular. A lot of times I wish I had kept a journal of my times on p99.

Sonark
05-01-2017, 04:41 AM
Welp

Level 22 now. Nearly 23.

Traded a Lamentation I was gifted for a Sword of Skyfire and Shield of Shadow so I finally got rid of the Iksar Targ Shield

Any soloing recommendations?

Sonark
05-10-2017, 09:27 PM
Stuck in a rut. Just de-leveled from 24 and I'm not sure where I want to go or what I want to do.

whippetofspades
05-11-2017, 05:17 AM
LoIO or OT near the pond are good at that level. Could try the WW giants fort but you might want to duo that.

In SK can kill elephants and the aviak darters, then move up through the tougher aviaks.

EK spiders should be doable.

Might still get xp from the OOT gargoyles.

You could also get into a MM pond group which will keep you going for a few levels.