PDA

View Full Version : Petition for same IP?

Fingurs
02-11-2017, 06:51 PM
Hey -

Completely new to P99 as of 24 hours ago. (waiting on Pantheon).

Question, and certainly not a complaint just trying to understand. How long is the ETA on posting for a petition on same IP 2 accounts?

Wife and I would like to play together, and I submitted a petition 2 hours ago. Just trying to get a sense of timing if at all possible.

Thank you in advance.

Fingurs
02-11-2017, 07:20 PM
Ugh sorry just noticed the sticky. Please remove.

Sorry again.

Yrzep
02-14-2017, 01:04 PM
It's been 4 days for me :) Have you heard back?

Yrzep
02-14-2017, 01:05 PM
I resorted to using my cell data (tether) to get my daughter up and running on the same server while we wait... Kind of annoying that those who choose to cheat ruin it for us honest folk.

Baler
02-14-2017, 01:18 PM
I resorted to using my cell data (tether) to get my daughter up and running on the same server while we wait.

That is very dangerous. I strongly recommend you wait for the ip exemption.
You may think what you're doing is innocent and it probably is. But over the years very, very bad apples have abused things such as this to cause harm to the server is various outside the box ways.
I urge you to not continue recommending this to people.?

Never bump a petition unless you are adding more information to it.
Staff apparently do ip exemptions in batches, so just wait patiently. There may be people who really need it and others who do not really need it clogging the process.

Yrzep
02-15-2017, 07:09 PM
I understand how 1 in 10,000 people "2 box" or whatever it's called, however, I cannot be stand the thought of being penalized because of them.

Of course it's innocent, what good would having a lvl 5 run around with a lvl 16 be? ;)

But really, sorry for the recommendation if it's frowned upon. I really just wanted a way to jam on the server w/ my daughter. Kids have short attention spans - had to get her while the interest was there.

nectarprime
02-16-2017, 11:17 AM
I understand how 1 in 10,000 people "2 box" or whatever it's called, however, I cannot be stand the thought of being penalized because of them.

Much more common than that, and well it's not your choice to be "penalized" or not. Those are the established rules for the server.

Yrzep
02-16-2017, 11:27 AM
Ok... I'm certain I'm not the first one to think of using cell data. Again, my apologies for suggesting that two players in a household do have an option while awaiting a seemingly long process for a simple approval.

Yrzep
02-16-2017, 11:28 AM
If I were "a baddie" - I would've probably kept this "secret" close to the chest... This thread seems like much ado about nothing, no?

Tupakk
02-16-2017, 11:35 AM
Maybe everything is handed to you up in your State. But here in p99 you wait. Til then Tether or VPN.

bum3
02-16-2017, 12:56 PM
Eh don't mind tupakk. Everything was handed to him including a few bullets.

Yrzep
02-16-2017, 02:02 PM
It's cool. When the doods 1 friend is banned, might say a little something?

I will agree with him thou, there are an ish-ton of free loaders in the blue states. Thou, I'd bet the numbers (food stamps, WIC, unemployment, "disability") in the south/midwest are WAYYYYY bigger.

In fact, I'd bet just about anything on it ;)

Baler
02-16-2017, 02:04 PM
You should voice your opinions in the off topic section. ;)
(I don't mean this is a negative or derogatory way!)

Yrzep
02-16-2017, 02:06 PM
Noted. But... then the relevant post wouldn't be in the thread?

Cylock
02-16-2017, 04:44 PM
expect 3-4 months :)

I am joking, next time try not to constantly bump your posts constantly, it puts you to the end of the line every time you do that :)

Mythanor
02-16-2017, 05:08 PM
expect 3-4 months :)

I am joking, next time try not to constantly bump your posts constantly, it puts you to the end of the line every time you do that :)

Yrzep
02-16-2017, 06:37 PM
I get it - and I guess I wont. But - isn't bumping when I'm just talking to myself in an echo chamber?... not replying to others who have replied to me...

What do I know - These kids and their computers.

bum3
02-17-2017, 10:55 AM
What is this malarky going on. I'm confused. Opinions are opinions and it is an opinion that what is being said is an opinion. IMO, it could take 1 day to 3 months. Mine took less than 48 hours. But i keep reading it is done in batches and I got super lucky... <--- opinion?

nectarprime
02-17-2017, 11:21 AM
It's cool. When the doods 1 friend is banned, might say a little something?

I will agree with him thou, there are an ish-ton of free loaders in the blue states. Thou, I'd bet the numbers (food stamps, WIC, unemployment, "disability") in the south/midwest are WAYYYYY bigger.

In fact, I'd bet just about anything on it ;)

Trump will put your kind in the camps first

Dillian
02-17-2017, 11:40 AM
I'm not sure this person made it past the 7th grade. This is purely based on his english typing skills. He could also be a russian spy. Sir Are you a russian spy? Are you an isis operative looking for a way to communicate to your blow up buddies overseas?

bum3
02-17-2017, 04:44 PM
I'm not sure this person made it past the 7th grade. This is purely based on his english typing skills. He could also be a russian spy. Sir Are you a russian spy? Are you an isis operative looking for a way to communicate to your blow up buddies overseas?

Woah. Such language is not permitted in the U.S., of bomb your butt, A. We know for a fact that Trump wants to build a wall. And who better to learn from the mistakes of wall building than from Russia. Who's wall failed, hard. So Putin volunteered his services to help Trump create the perfect wall. His first suggestion was terminators. Specifically T1000s. Who could blend in with the wall and strike every time someone crosses it. A very good idea imo as they do not need to eat or drink and can camp endlessly without having to log off or procreate.

nvm. I'll keep my opinion to myself. Sorry.