PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of a good place for a 32 necro to solo level?

Panicsferd
02-11-2017, 05:42 PM
I am currently 32 and I am looking for a good place to solo level, I think the giants in FM might be out of the question, at least till im 34.

I tried grouping in HHK, got from 29-32 there and the xp started to slow down and then tried a bit of mistmoore and it was the same thing.

Right now I am thinking it will be probably better, easier and faster to just solo level but I'm not sure where I can go for an easy or fast time?

Skinned
02-12-2017, 12:11 AM
Yes. In the Field of Bone on Kunark there is a cave in the Northeast corner of the zone in the water that leads to a crypt that is full of undead that con dubious with the exception of two rogue skeletons that scowl in the back of the area, which isn't underwater. There is a long hallway that you can pull to and fear kite down, or you can charm mobs and make them kill each other, or, what I have done, is charm one of the rogue skeletons, which are higher in level than the monks, and then fear kite the monks and get insane backstab damage...the pets get half the XP from mobs but if you are fast with the lulls and fears you can mow down the monks pretty fast. The monks proc a cold or fire direct damage that can hit you from some distance, so when you root them don't sit too close. Since the skeletons con dubious and are monks and rogues (don't have endless wells of HPs) it is a very forgiving place to level. I would use the pet and fear kite in the hallway until you got some levels and can start using charm. Since you're Iksar you will literally be in your home newbie zone and have all the benefits thereof.

Another place you can solo is Splitpaw. Set up in the back bed room in the front area, which is a safe spot. From there pull gnolls in and root and rot them. They have low HPs and usually a darkness and blood boil is enough to do serious damage to them, and you can lifetap the rest to keep lich going with some pet tanking when needed. You get cool pet weapons that proc stun and a debuff, and you get a lot of fine steel from the gnolls. You also get tradable scrolls that are lore, and you can right click to see which of them they are between 1, 2, 3, and 4. Good races can turn these in by the bank in Qeynos for mega XP between the levels of 22 and they still give over a blue XP in the 40s...players, usually druids and wizards who can bind at the bank, will offer to buy them and the going rate is 25pp each one, or 100 for the set. If you collect these you can sell them for extra income.

Qeynos guards in North Karana can be decent and safe XP. If you are good you can kill three of them each on a six minute spawn. Same in West Commonlands where you can kill the roadblock Freeport guards and the Dwarf travelers outside the Inn close to each other...all in close proximity to one another and on six minute timers. If you want to do Dwarf quests in Velious you can go to Iceclad and kill an endless supply of Frost Giant Scouts, which are push overs. If they are tough at 32 then go one island north and kill Snow Dervishes for ez xp, or cougars to get some sellable melee earrings that are not lore.

I bet you could find some guards and citizens in Butcherblock and Steamfont mountains for easy XP.

Kowalski
02-12-2017, 12:38 AM
Hags in Unrest

Swish
02-12-2017, 07:32 AM
Hags in Unrest

They'll blow you up at 32. Good for the mid-late 30s maybe. I did 39 solo on a cleric in there. Was slow and risky but fun.

Early 30s is a difficult time for a necro. Might be worth considering the named sisters in OOT - the only difficulty is you won't be able to vendor the swords they drop (12pp each or so arent they?)...so you'll need to borrow a passer by or drop transfer to a mule and somehow transfer the coin back to your iksar later.

When you hit 37-38 spectres at any location are good til about 46-47.

Panicsferd
02-12-2017, 01:36 PM
Thanks for all the tips guys, at 32 I went to south karana and was in a group with some people in the splitpaw lair and managed to get a level there... I am now 33 and am going to try that kaesora thing and see if that can be somewhat easier and quicker.

Dreenk317
02-12-2017, 09:02 PM
Kaesora is super exp from 33-41. Slows down a little after that. Some of the mobs will be green. But is one of my favorite zones for the 30-40 push.

Skinned
02-12-2017, 09:09 PM
Kaesora is super exp from 33-41. Slows down a little after that. Some of the mobs will be green. But is one of my favorite zones for the 30-40 push.

Where in Kaesora is good at these levels? It seems like it would be hard. I get freaked out by the mixed living and undead mobs, some spiders that see invis, etc.

What is the are and tactics here?

Panicsferd
02-12-2017, 11:06 PM
Where in Kaesora is good at these levels? It seems like it would be hard. I get freaked out by the mixed living and undead mobs, some spiders that see invis, etc.

I never really got to try it, almost died from the monk near the entrance at the kaesora ruins and decided to not bother with it. I decided to head back to HHK and I was grouped with some people where I managed to get half of my level, but then we kind of stopped killing raiders so I was getting less xp.

I think I may after learning from a person I was grouped with is try the castle entrance in mistmoore, at least try that till I get 34 so then I can manage to do the giants in FM.

Dreenk317
02-12-2017, 11:45 PM

Yes, people are scared by the one way-ness of the dungeon and the living/undead mix. But you are a necro, you get all the toys that make it gravy. With screaming terror, root, invis/IVU, and FD. There is nowhere you can't get to in this dungeon.
If you enter and drop down the left side and turn right, you will be facing a door, through the door....
There is a room with 3 mobs (usually all spiders, sometimes a ravener and two spiders) that would be considered the first room imo. There is a pather that comes to the door you enter this room through. And one that will come from your right, once in the room. Often they aren't around and are off pathing, but never forget, they are their. This room is splittable with a little luck and screaming terror. Wait for the pather (it will path right through where you dropped down) kill it, then ST the mob closest to you of the three (they spawn in a line against the wall). This SHOULD cause the middle mob to agro you. Pull it back into the drop down cubby and FD till ST wears off, your pet can engage it once it is out of proximity range of the others. When ST has worn off, stand up, life transfer to your pet, heat blood(debuff dot is key)/darkness/dot tap/whatever you like to use while your pet tanks it down. Repeat until the room is clear. Wait for the pather that will come from your right, kill it, then open the door that is straight across from the door you came in. Through this door are two more spiders, ST split them and kill them in the three pop room. If you move into the two pop room and turn left and run through the wall, you are on the path to the library, the best exp area in the dungeon (imo) and where you will level to 41. From here on out the mobs are undead, except the raveners? Never tested them honestly and don't think they are. And there are not many of them. This is the spot to master pet tanking and practice your charming as there are many spawns of 2-3 right next to each other. ST/FD splitting works wonders here, just remember if you stand up from FD before ST wears off, the mob WILL agro you. So just let your pet tank the pull and stay FD till you see that green text.

At 33 I advise duoing with a shaman or Druid as most mobs will be yellow or low red, starting to turn white and yellow at about 35 and blue and yellow at 37 or so. The exp will be amazing, and you don't have to worry about your pet eating exp and it being wasted on nothing.

DocMoriarty
02-13-2017, 04:00 AM
I did a lot 31-39 (gnome necro) in Firiona Vie. When you come from the filthy gooddoer outpost turn right after bridge and run along the sea shore/cliffs quite a ways until you get to a super flat area with the mob highway right in front of your nose. Part of that flat area is safe, its the fear-kiters wet dream of a hunting ground. You start pulling the pirates which gives you good outpost faction and then work you ways up thru the different types of drolvargs. The key here is actually duoing but if nobody around (which is rare) its also easy to solo. I duoed there with Chanters which kept charming mobs and let them duel or charmed a rogue and fearkited the pulls. But best duo was with another necro where we just did classic extremely mana efficient fear kiting with 2 pets. We could chainpull without a break not dotting the pulls except darkness. And with 2 necros you have backup-fears since drolvargs tend to resist a lot while pirates don't. I think on one day i made 4 levels there.
If you are not KOS at the outpost (gnome necro was just dub or app) then check the food merchant in the first little hut turning right at the bridge when coming into the outpost. This merchant was indiff to me. I bound myself in front of her nose so that i can gate back to her when i get encumbered from weapons which are occasionally dropped. Loot wasn't too uber but also not too bad considering the amount of xp.

Mzy12345
02-13-2017, 04:37 PM
I didn't do them on a Necro but Hags Tower in Unrest is great exp and I think a necro could do them at 34. It's mostly enchanters at this spot but I've seen plenty of necros there.

The Hags have extremely low hps if you catch them before they buff and there are 2 Hags on 6 minute timers and the names Undead Knight of Unrest that spawns in the middle which I think is on an 18 minute timer. If you can break the camp you could just leave your pet on the spawn points of the Hags and it should be very easy to nuke them down. Also, if things go poorly breaking the camp you can just jump off the edge and FD, Gate, or run to zone with SoW.

Only downside is if it is camped you are kinda stuck with few options unless you can get something going in the basement.

Issar
02-13-2017, 05:13 PM
Good info DocMoriarty!

nostalgiaquest
02-13-2017, 08:59 PM
To add onto what Doc said, if you group with an enchanter have them charm a pirate cartographer. They backstab likes beasts.

Gumbo
02-13-2017, 09:04 PM
You can do the guards in Misty Thicket until about level 34. From level 39-50, you can do specs...

Kowalski
02-13-2017, 09:43 PM
Hags r def doable

Qtip
02-14-2017, 11:08 AM
Yes. In the Field of Bone on Kunark there is a cave in the Northeast corner of the zone in the water that leads to a crypt that is full of undead that con dubious with the exception of two rogue skeletons that scowl in the back of the area, which isn't underwater. There is a long hallway that you can pull to and fear kite down, or you can charm mobs and make them kill each other, or, what I have done, is charm one of the rogue skeletons, which are higher in level than the monks, and then fear kite the monks and get insane backstab damage...the pets get half the XP from mobs but if you are fast with the lulls and fears you can mow down the monks pretty fast. The monks proc a cold or fire direct damage that can hit you from some distance, so when you root them don't sit too close. Since the skeletons con dubious and are monks and rogues (don't have endless wells of HPs) it is a very forgiving place to level. I would use the pet and fear kite in the hallway until you got some levels and can start using charm. Since you're Iksar you will literally be in your home newbie zone and have all the benefits thereof.

Another place you can solo is Splitpaw. Set up in the back bed room in the front area, which is a safe spot. From there pull gnolls in and root and rot them. They have low HPs and usually a darkness and blood boil is enough to do serious damage to them, and you can lifetap the rest to keep lich going with some pet tanking when needed. You get cool pet weapons that proc stun and a debuff, and you get a lot of fine steel from the gnolls. You also get tradable scrolls that are lore, and you can right click to see which of them they are between 1, 2, 3, and 4. Good races can turn these in by the bank in Qeynos for mega XP between the levels of 22 and they still give over a blue XP in the 40s...players, usually druids and wizards who can bind at the bank, will offer to buy them and the going rate is 25pp each one, or 100 for the set. If you collect these you can sell them for extra income.

Qeynos guards in North Karana can be decent and safe XP. If you are good you can kill three of them each on a six minute spawn. Same in West Commonlands where you can kill the roadblock Freeport guards and the Dwarf travelers outside the Inn close to each other...all in close proximity to one another and on six minute timers. If you want to do Dwarf quests in Velious you can go to Iceclad and kill an endless supply of Frost Giant Scouts, which are push overs. If they are tough at 32 then go one island north and kill Snow Dervishes for ez xp, or cougars to get some sellable melee earrings that are not lore.

I bet you could find some guards and citizens in Butcherblock and Steamfont mountains for easy XP.

No one ever is at this spot. You get the noobie zone exp bonus and cabilis is one zone over to bank/merchant. Also respawns are very quick. I think there is a total of 2 roamers.

Gustoo
02-14-2017, 10:27 PM
This all sounds like good times I'm looking forward to necro solo quest at some point in my life.